PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need
August 22, 2014
By Sara Moores, PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- August 19 was anything but a regular Tuesday night for a group of folks in Saddle River, N.J. At one private residence, it was a blast to the past… the 1920’s to be exact, courtesy of a fundraiser benefiting the PGA TOUR Wives Association and Children’s Aid and Family Services in New Jersey.
'Ragtime Rendezvous' saw PGA TOUR players and their wives, in New Jersey this week for the FedExCup's first Playoff event at The Barclays, decked out in Roaring Twenties fashion and participating in a 'whodunit' presented by the Murder Mystery Company of New York City.
New York Times best-selling author Harlan Coben, who himself was a “suspect” in the mystery event, served as emcee and brought along friends Mary Higgins Clark, author of 46 mystery/suspense books, and Michael Connelly, whose detective novels have also placed him at the top of the best-selling list. In total, over 150 guests spent the evening trying to solve the “murder” by collecting clues left throughout the home of Tom and Toni Mendiburu.
The "suspects" chatted up guests while dropping clues to the case, which led to an interrogation of "possible culprits" Coben and PGA TOUR player Jimmy Walker before the mystery's "perpetrator" was revealed.
The evening of mystery, good food and laughter raised almost $100,000 for children in need in the New Jersey area and around the country.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association continues its mission of raising money and awareness for children in need and this evening resulted in much needed funding for programs benefitting vulnerable children cared for and supported by Children’s Aid and Family Services.
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014