PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need
August 22, 2014
By Sara Moores, PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- August 19 was anything but a regular Tuesday night for a group of folks in Saddle River, N.J. At one private residence, it was a blast to the past… the 1920’s to be exact, courtesy of a fundraiser benefiting the PGA TOUR Wives Association and Children’s Aid and Family Services in New Jersey.
'Ragtime Rendezvous' saw PGA TOUR players and their wives, in New Jersey this week for the FedExCup's first Playoff event at The Barclays, decked out in Roaring Twenties fashion and participating in a 'whodunit' presented by the Murder Mystery Company of New York City.
New York Times best-selling author Harlan Coben, who himself was a “suspect” in the mystery event, served as emcee and brought along friends Mary Higgins Clark, author of 46 mystery/suspense books, and Michael Connelly, whose detective novels have also placed him at the top of the best-selling list. In total, over 150 guests spent the evening trying to solve the “murder” by collecting clues left throughout the home of Tom and Toni Mendiburu.
The "suspects" chatted up guests while dropping clues to the case, which led to an interrogation of "possible culprits" Coben and PGA TOUR player Jimmy Walker before the mystery's "perpetrator" was revealed.
The evening of mystery, good food and laughter raised almost $100,000 for children in need in the New Jersey area and around the country.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association continues its mission of raising money and awareness for children in need and this evening resulted in much needed funding for programs benefitting vulnerable children cared for and supported by Children’s Aid and Family Services.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014