PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need
August 22, 2014
By Sara Moores, PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- August 19 was anything but a regular Tuesday night for a group of folks in Saddle River, N.J. At one private residence, it was a blast to the past… the 1920’s to be exact, courtesy of a fundraiser benefiting the PGA TOUR Wives Association and Children’s Aid and Family Services in New Jersey.
'Ragtime Rendezvous' saw PGA TOUR players and their wives, in New Jersey this week for the FedExCup's first Playoff event at The Barclays, decked out in Roaring Twenties fashion and participating in a 'whodunit' presented by the Murder Mystery Company of New York City.
New York Times best-selling author Harlan Coben, who himself was a “suspect” in the mystery event, served as emcee and brought along friends Mary Higgins Clark, author of 46 mystery/suspense books, and Michael Connelly, whose detective novels have also placed him at the top of the best-selling list. In total, over 150 guests spent the evening trying to solve the “murder” by collecting clues left throughout the home of Tom and Toni Mendiburu.
The "suspects" chatted up guests while dropping clues to the case, which led to an interrogation of "possible culprits" Coben and PGA TOUR player Jimmy Walker before the mystery's "perpetrator" was revealed.
The evening of mystery, good food and laughter raised almost $100,000 for children in need in the New Jersey area and around the country.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association continues its mission of raising money and awareness for children in need and this evening resulted in much needed funding for programs benefitting vulnerable children cared for and supported by Children’s Aid and Family Services.
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016
- Fleur de Lis artwork benefits Fore!Kids Foundation at Zurich Classic 05/10/2016
- DeLaet to Support Charity by Donating Money for On-Course Performance 05/06/2016
- Jordan Spieth, FedEx donate $1 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 05/04/2016