PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need
August 22, 2014
By Sara Moores, PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- August 19 was anything but a regular Tuesday night for a group of folks in Saddle River, N.J. At one private residence, it was a blast to the past… the 1920’s to be exact, courtesy of a fundraiser benefiting the PGA TOUR Wives Association and Children’s Aid and Family Services in New Jersey.
'Ragtime Rendezvous' saw PGA TOUR players and their wives, in New Jersey this week for the FedExCup's first Playoff event at The Barclays, decked out in Roaring Twenties fashion and participating in a 'whodunit' presented by the Murder Mystery Company of New York City.
New York Times best-selling author Harlan Coben, who himself was a “suspect” in the mystery event, served as emcee and brought along friends Mary Higgins Clark, author of 46 mystery/suspense books, and Michael Connelly, whose detective novels have also placed him at the top of the best-selling list. In total, over 150 guests spent the evening trying to solve the “murder” by collecting clues left throughout the home of Tom and Toni Mendiburu.
The "suspects" chatted up guests while dropping clues to the case, which led to an interrogation of "possible culprits" Coben and PGA TOUR player Jimmy Walker before the mystery's "perpetrator" was revealed.
The evening of mystery, good food and laughter raised almost $100,000 for children in need in the New Jersey area and around the country.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association continues its mission of raising money and awareness for children in need and this evening resulted in much needed funding for programs benefitting vulnerable children cared for and supported by Children’s Aid and Family Services.
- WGC-Cadillac Championship hosts baby shower for military moms-to-be 03/02/2015
- VIDEO: Players make a special hospital visit during Allianz Championship 02/26/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence to welcome first students in August 02/25/2015
- Jonas Blixt makes a young cancer survivor's dream come true 02/25/2015
- Fifth annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge kicks off 02/25/2015
- PHOTOS: Mahan teams with sponsor to raise funds for NADA Charitable Foundation 02/24/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- Roberto Castro launches birdies campaign for Iowa, Nebraska charities 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Tim Lang 02/13/2015