PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need
August 22, 2014
By Sara Moores, PGA TOUR Staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.- August 19 was anything but a regular Tuesday night for a group of folks in Saddle River, N.J. At one private residence, it was a blast to the past… the 1920’s to be exact, courtesy of a fundraiser benefiting the PGA TOUR Wives Association and Children’s Aid and Family Services in New Jersey.
'Ragtime Rendezvous' saw PGA TOUR players and their wives, in New Jersey this week for the FedExCup's first Playoff event at The Barclays, decked out in Roaring Twenties fashion and participating in a 'whodunit' presented by the Murder Mystery Company of New York City.
New York Times best-selling author Harlan Coben, who himself was a “suspect” in the mystery event, served as emcee and brought along friends Mary Higgins Clark, author of 46 mystery/suspense books, and Michael Connelly, whose detective novels have also placed him at the top of the best-selling list. In total, over 150 guests spent the evening trying to solve the “murder” by collecting clues left throughout the home of Tom and Toni Mendiburu.
The "suspects" chatted up guests while dropping clues to the case, which led to an interrogation of "possible culprits" Coben and PGA TOUR player Jimmy Walker before the mystery's "perpetrator" was revealed.
The evening of mystery, good food and laughter raised almost $100,000 for children in need in the New Jersey area and around the country.
The PGA TOUR Wives Association continues its mission of raising money and awareness for children in need and this evening resulted in much needed funding for programs benefitting vulnerable children cared for and supported by Children’s Aid and Family Services.
- FedEx, JA Worldwide tee up inaugural FedEx Junior Business Challenge 03/27/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am Presented by SYNNEX Corporation announces inaugural Executive Women’s Day 03/17/2017
- Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave honor wounded veterans during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/14/2017
- Arnie's Army marches on in Palmer's memory 03/13/2017
- Jason Day tees off for charity at TPC Sawgrass 03/08/2017
- Jeff Klauk to host Athletes vs. Epilepsy $1 Million Shootout charity event on April 10 03/06/2017
- Children's Healthcare Charity receives $10,000 donation from The Honda Classic volunteer challenge 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: The First Tee of Mexico launches 03/02/2017
- VIDEO: Volunteering on TOUR 03/02/2017
- RBC Heritage kicks off charity tour 03/01/2017