2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities
August 20, 2014
GREENVILLE, S.C.– The 14th annual BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation golf tournament raised $836,883 for Upstate charities, tournament officials announced earlier this week. The tournament’s 2014 charity earnings push the total charitable giving since 2001 to more than $10.8 million. These funds are part of the PGA TOUR’s more than $2 billion in all-time charitable contributions.
The 2014 tournament’s charity partners were 100 Black Men of the Upstate, A Child’s Haven, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greenville, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Spartanburg, The First Tee of Greenville, Furman University - The Riley Institute, Greenville Family Partnership, Greenville Tech Foundation, Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County, Harvest Hope Food Bank, JDRF - Greater Western Carolinas Chapter, Make-A-Wish Foundation of SC, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA), New Foundations Home for Children, Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services (PAALS), Play Safe, Inc., Project HOPE Foundation, The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas, Scottish Rite Foundation, Set Free Alliance, Shriners Hospitals for Children - Greenville, Vested Partners, and The Walker Foundation for the SC School for the Deaf and Blind. The 2015 charity partners will be announced later this year.
“To have a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event right here in the Upstate that also produces real results for local charities is a win-win for our community,” said Bob Nitto, president of the tournament's host organization, South Carolina Charities, Inc. “Reaching $10.8 million for charity in just 14 years is a huge milestone for the tournament that’s gratifying in many ways. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.”
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities.
For more information about the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, please visit bmwcharitygolf.com.
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015