2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities
August 20, 2014
GREENVILLE, S.C.– The 14th annual BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation golf tournament raised $836,883 for Upstate charities, tournament officials announced earlier this week. The tournament’s 2014 charity earnings push the total charitable giving since 2001 to more than $10.8 million. These funds are part of the PGA TOUR’s more than $2 billion in all-time charitable contributions.
The 2014 tournament’s charity partners were 100 Black Men of the Upstate, A Child’s Haven, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greenville, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Spartanburg, The First Tee of Greenville, Furman University - The Riley Institute, Greenville Family Partnership, Greenville Tech Foundation, Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County, Harvest Hope Food Bank, JDRF - Greater Western Carolinas Chapter, Make-A-Wish Foundation of SC, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA), New Foundations Home for Children, Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services (PAALS), Play Safe, Inc., Project HOPE Foundation, The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas, Scottish Rite Foundation, Set Free Alliance, Shriners Hospitals for Children - Greenville, Vested Partners, and The Walker Foundation for the SC School for the Deaf and Blind. The 2015 charity partners will be announced later this year.
“To have a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event right here in the Upstate that also produces real results for local charities is a win-win for our community,” said Bob Nitto, president of the tournament's host organization, South Carolina Charities, Inc. “Reaching $10.8 million for charity in just 14 years is a huge milestone for the tournament that’s gratifying in many ways. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.”
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities.
For more information about the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, please visit bmwcharitygolf.com.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016