2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities
August 20, 2014
GREENVILLE, S.C.– The 14th annual BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation golf tournament raised $836,883 for Upstate charities, tournament officials announced earlier this week. The tournament’s 2014 charity earnings push the total charitable giving since 2001 to more than $10.8 million. These funds are part of the PGA TOUR’s more than $2 billion in all-time charitable contributions.
The 2014 tournament’s charity partners were 100 Black Men of the Upstate, A Child’s Haven, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greenville, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Spartanburg, The First Tee of Greenville, Furman University - The Riley Institute, Greenville Family Partnership, Greenville Tech Foundation, Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County, Harvest Hope Food Bank, JDRF - Greater Western Carolinas Chapter, Make-A-Wish Foundation of SC, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA), New Foundations Home for Children, Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services (PAALS), Play Safe, Inc., Project HOPE Foundation, The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas, Scottish Rite Foundation, Set Free Alliance, Shriners Hospitals for Children - Greenville, Vested Partners, and The Walker Foundation for the SC School for the Deaf and Blind. The 2015 charity partners will be announced later this year.
“To have a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event right here in the Upstate that also produces real results for local charities is a win-win for our community,” said Bob Nitto, president of the tournament's host organization, South Carolina Charities, Inc. “Reaching $10.8 million for charity in just 14 years is a huge milestone for the tournament that’s gratifying in many ways. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.”
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities.
For more information about the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, please visit bmwcharitygolf.com.
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- DeLaet Foundation's 'Graham Slam' charity event set for July 9 06/24/2015
- Graham DeLaet wins $10K for charity from Travelers at The Umbrella at 15 ½ Challenge 06/24/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015
- PGA TOUR players team up with RBC for online charity challenge 06/23/2015
- Chevron, Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic partner on contribution to Excel By 5 06/19/2015
- VIDEO: The Davis Love Foundation gives back 06/16/2015
- FedEx donates $1M to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 06/11/2015
- 6-year-old boy to play 100 holes for cancer fundraiser 06/11/2015