2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities
August 20, 2014
GREENVILLE, S.C.– The 14th annual BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation golf tournament raised $836,883 for Upstate charities, tournament officials announced earlier this week. The tournament’s 2014 charity earnings push the total charitable giving since 2001 to more than $10.8 million. These funds are part of the PGA TOUR’s more than $2 billion in all-time charitable contributions.
The 2014 tournament’s charity partners were 100 Black Men of the Upstate, A Child’s Haven, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Greenville, Child Evangelism Fellowship - Spartanburg, The First Tee of Greenville, Furman University - The Riley Institute, Greenville Family Partnership, Greenville Tech Foundation, Habitat for Humanity of Greenville County, Harvest Hope Food Bank, JDRF - Greater Western Carolinas Chapter, Make-A-Wish Foundation of SC, Mobile Meals of Spartanburg, National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA), New Foundations Home for Children, Palmetto Animal Assisted Life Services (PAALS), Play Safe, Inc., Project HOPE Foundation, The Reserve at Lake Keowee Charitable Foundation, Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Carolinas, Scottish Rite Foundation, Set Free Alliance, Shriners Hospitals for Children - Greenville, Vested Partners, and The Walker Foundation for the SC School for the Deaf and Blind. The 2015 charity partners will be announced later this year.
“To have a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event right here in the Upstate that also produces real results for local charities is a win-win for our community,” said Bob Nitto, president of the tournament's host organization, South Carolina Charities, Inc. “Reaching $10.8 million for charity in just 14 years is a huge milestone for the tournament that’s gratifying in many ways. I look forward to what 2015 will bring.”
South Carolina Charities, Inc. (SCCI), the non-profit foundation of the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, was created in order to showcase the beauty of Upstate South Carolina and the hospitality of its citizens to the world; to create an event that brings the Upstate a fun and entertaining week centered around professional athletes and world renowned celebrities; and raise money and awareness for South Carolina charities.
For more information about the BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation, please visit bmwcharitygolf.com.
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016
- Danny Lee pledges to support West Virginia recovery efforts by donating to Neighbors Loving Neighbors 07/06/2016