PGA TOUR Superstore announces $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford
April 4, 2014
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.- PGA TOUR Superstore has announced a $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford to deliver educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The grant will be awarded Saturday, April 5, at the Re-Grand Opening of the Schaumburg PGA TOUR Superstore located at 1319 East Golf Road. Youth from The First Tee of Greater Rockford will be in attendance. The public is invited to attend.
"We are excited to deepen our partnership with The First Tee of Greater Rockford," said PGA TOUR Superstore President and CEO Dick Sullivan. "It is gratifying for our associates to bring The First Tee's Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits to more young people in the community."
The First Tee of Greater Rockford reaches 16,000 young people annually through programs at six area golf facilities and through 38 area elementary schools that deliver The First Tee National School Program. The First Tee of Greater Rockford's primary location is Alpine Hills Golf Center. Click here for other program locations.
PGA TOUR Superstore has 19 retail locations. The superstores are owned and operated by Golf & Tennis Pro Shop, Inc., whose controlling owner and chairman is Arthur M. Blank, retired Home Depot co-founder and owner of the Atlanta Falcons. Blank became a Trustee of The First Tee in January 2012, committing $1 million to the youth development organization.
In partnership with The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation, PGA TOUR Superstore associates support The First Tee chapters reaching young people in East Palo Alto, Atlanta, Chicago, Paramus, Dallas, Delray Beach, Denver, Myrtle Beach, Naples, Phoenix, Westbury, Long Island, Irvine, California and Palm Desert, California.
In addition to grants, PGA TOUR Superstore provides young people with access to state-of-the-art teaching, club fitting, golf lessons and skills training.
- Waste Management Phoenix Open donates $50K to local food bank 11/26/2014
- Frys.com Open awards $1 million to charity 11/26/2014
- Making a Difference: Golf’s Charitable Impact 11/25/2014
- THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month concludes with Red Coat Ride Out at Police Athletic League 11/24/2014
- Champions Tour official honored for his commitment to military charities 11/24/2014
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014