PGA TOUR Superstore announces $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford
April 4, 2014
SCHAUMBURG, Ill.- PGA TOUR Superstore has announced a $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford to deliver educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
The grant will be awarded Saturday, April 5, at the Re-Grand Opening of the Schaumburg PGA TOUR Superstore located at 1319 East Golf Road. Youth from The First Tee of Greater Rockford will be in attendance. The public is invited to attend.
"We are excited to deepen our partnership with The First Tee of Greater Rockford," said PGA TOUR Superstore President and CEO Dick Sullivan. "It is gratifying for our associates to bring The First Tee's Nine Core Values and Nine Healthy Habits to more young people in the community."
The First Tee of Greater Rockford reaches 16,000 young people annually through programs at six area golf facilities and through 38 area elementary schools that deliver The First Tee National School Program. The First Tee of Greater Rockford's primary location is Alpine Hills Golf Center. Click here for other program locations.
PGA TOUR Superstore has 19 retail locations. The superstores are owned and operated by Golf & Tennis Pro Shop, Inc., whose controlling owner and chairman is Arthur M. Blank, retired Home Depot co-founder and owner of the Atlanta Falcons. Blank became a Trustee of The First Tee in January 2012, committing $1 million to the youth development organization.
In partnership with The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation, PGA TOUR Superstore associates support The First Tee chapters reaching young people in East Palo Alto, Atlanta, Chicago, Paramus, Dallas, Delray Beach, Denver, Myrtle Beach, Naples, Phoenix, Westbury, Long Island, Irvine, California and Palm Desert, California.
In addition to grants, PGA TOUR Superstore provides young people with access to state-of-the-art teaching, club fitting, golf lessons and skills training.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017