Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament
April 3, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Four-time PGA TOUR winner Notah Begay III will host a new golf tournament he hopes will be an annual event to raise money for his foundation and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque.
Known as the Rio Grande Charity Slam, the first tournament is scheduled to take place June 27 at the Santa Ana Golf Club.
The Notah Begay III Foundation, created in 2005, aims to prevent type 2 diabetes and its leading cause, childhood obesity. The main sponsors of the tournament are Consolidated Solar Technologies and the Santa Ana Golf Club.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- VIDEO: Keegan Bradley hosts fourth annual charity tournament in Vermont 09/02/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015