Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament
April 3, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Four-time PGA TOUR winner Notah Begay III will host a new golf tournament he hopes will be an annual event to raise money for his foundation and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque.
Known as the Rio Grande Charity Slam, the first tournament is scheduled to take place June 27 at the Santa Ana Golf Club.
The Notah Begay III Foundation, created in 2005, aims to prevent type 2 diabetes and its leading cause, childhood obesity. The main sponsors of the tournament are Consolidated Solar Technologies and the Santa Ana Golf Club.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016
- PGA TOUR is golden for couple celebrating 50th consecutive year of volunteering at The Barclays 08/05/2016
- Military Families Benefit From Travelers Championship 08/03/2016