Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament
April 3, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Four-time PGA TOUR winner Notah Begay III will host a new golf tournament he hopes will be an annual event to raise money for his foundation and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque.
Known as the Rio Grande Charity Slam, the first tournament is scheduled to take place June 27 at the Santa Ana Golf Club.
The Notah Begay III Foundation, created in 2005, aims to prevent type 2 diabetes and its leading cause, childhood obesity. The main sponsors of the tournament are Consolidated Solar Technologies and the Santa Ana Golf Club.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014
- The Greenbrier Classic announces first annual volunteer charitable initiative campaign 09/18/2014
- VIDEO: Web.com Tour player Peter Malnati's special friendship with a young cancer survivor 09/16/2014
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014