Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament
April 3, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Four-time PGA TOUR winner Notah Begay III will host a new golf tournament he hopes will be an annual event to raise money for his foundation and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque.
Known as the Rio Grande Charity Slam, the first tournament is scheduled to take place June 27 at the Santa Ana Golf Club.
The Notah Begay III Foundation, created in 2005, aims to prevent type 2 diabetes and its leading cause, childhood obesity. The main sponsors of the tournament are Consolidated Solar Technologies and the Santa Ana Golf Club.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Maggert's $5,000 shot for charity 04/14/2015
- Brad Faxon receives 2015 Ouimet Award 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015