Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament
April 3, 2014
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- Four-time PGA TOUR winner Notah Begay III will host a new golf tournament he hopes will be an annual event to raise money for his foundation and the Jewish Community Center of Greater Albuquerque.
Known as the Rio Grande Charity Slam, the first tournament is scheduled to take place June 27 at the Santa Ana Golf Club.
The Notah Begay III Foundation, created in 2005, aims to prevent type 2 diabetes and its leading cause, childhood obesity. The main sponsors of the tournament are Consolidated Solar Technologies and the Santa Ana Golf Club.
For more information about the tournament, click here.
- “84 for 84” effort will benefit East Lake Foundation 09/22/2016
- Valspar Championship donates second Habitat For Humanity house 09/20/2016
- Henderson State unveils Ken Duke golf facility 09/19/2016
- PGA TOUR players give $100,000 to assist with flood relief 09/16/2016
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth's ace nets $100,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 09/15/2016
- Team Rose provides unique caddy experience to fallen hero's son during BMW Championship 09/14/2016
- Winner of Deutsche Bank Championship's volunteer challenge announced 09/07/2016
- David Toms' call for help with Louisiana flood relief 09/01/2016
- Team effort at Deutsche Bank Championship makes for a great start to school year 09/01/2016
- Phil Mickelson, Stacy Lewis support literacy through KPMG's 'Blue for Books' program 09/01/2016