Web.com Tour Championship donates $10,000 to Wolfson Children’s Hospital
September 27, 2013
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Web.com Tour Championship donated a check for $10,000 to Wolfson Children’s Hospital today in a presentation at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse. David Brown, chairman and CEO of Web.com and Bill Calfee, President of the Web.com Tour presented the check to Hugh Greene, President and CEO of Baptist Health, of which Wolfson Children’s is a part. Baptist Health is a Founding Partner of the Web.com Tour Championship, taking place on Dye’s Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass from Sept. 26-29, 2013.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital serves as our region’s pediatric referral center and only hospital just for kids. The 213-bed, patient- and family-centered hospital is staffed by nationally recognized pediatric physician specialists representing nearly every medical and surgical specialty. These specialists work with pediatricians to provide care for children of all ages with congenital heart conditions, cancer, neurological disorders, orthopaedic conditions, behavioral health disorders, and more. Wolfson Children’s pediatric partners include Nemours Children’s Clinic, the University of Florida Jacksonville, and Mayo Clinic Florida. For additional information, please visit wolfsonchildrens.org.
“We’re incredibly proud that the Web.com Tour Championship can make a donation to such an inspiring organization, and one that is an integral part of the Jacksonville community,” said Matt Rapp, Executive Director of the Web.com Tour Championship. “Giving back is at the heart of the Web.com Tour, and we hope the Web.com Tour Championship will continue to make a positive impact in this community.”
“We see the Web.com Tour as a strong contributor to the local communities where it hosts tournaments,” stated David Brown, chairman and CEO, Web.com. “As Jacksonville is the home of Web.com and the Web.com Tour Championship, we are proud to play a part in helping ensure that the area children have access to the best health care available.”
Wolfson Children's Hospital is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Wolfson Children’s Hospital provides care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay. As a non-profit organization, Wolfson Children's Hospital relies on charitable donations to provide world-class care for all children in the region.
Greene said, “Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a true resource to families in North Florida, South Georgia and beyond, providing care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay. As a non-profit organization, Wolfson Children's Hospital relies on charitable donations to provide world-class care for all children in the region. We are so appreciative of this generous gift from the Web.com Tour Championship, and Baptist Health is proud to be a Founding Partner of this signature event for Northeast Florida.”
The Web.com Tour Championship features the top-75 money winners from the Web.com Tour Regular Season as well as the PGA TOUR players who finished 126-200 on the FedExCup points list. For tickets, events and more information about the Web.com Tour Championship, please visit webtourchampionship.com.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016