Web.com Tour Championship donates $10,000 to Wolfson Children’s Hospital
September 27, 2013
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The Web.com Tour Championship donated a check for $10,000 to Wolfson Children’s Hospital today in a presentation at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse. David Brown, chairman and CEO of Web.com and Bill Calfee, President of the Web.com Tour presented the check to Hugh Greene, President and CEO of Baptist Health, of which Wolfson Children’s is a part. Baptist Health is a Founding Partner of the Web.com Tour Championship, taking place on Dye’s Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass from Sept. 26-29, 2013.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital serves as our region’s pediatric referral center and only hospital just for kids. The 213-bed, patient- and family-centered hospital is staffed by nationally recognized pediatric physician specialists representing nearly every medical and surgical specialty. These specialists work with pediatricians to provide care for children of all ages with congenital heart conditions, cancer, neurological disorders, orthopaedic conditions, behavioral health disorders, and more. Wolfson Children’s pediatric partners include Nemours Children’s Clinic, the University of Florida Jacksonville, and Mayo Clinic Florida. For additional information, please visit wolfsonchildrens.org.
“We’re incredibly proud that the Web.com Tour Championship can make a donation to such an inspiring organization, and one that is an integral part of the Jacksonville community,” said Matt Rapp, Executive Director of the Web.com Tour Championship. “Giving back is at the heart of the Web.com Tour, and we hope the Web.com Tour Championship will continue to make a positive impact in this community.”
“We see the Web.com Tour as a strong contributor to the local communities where it hosts tournaments,” stated David Brown, chairman and CEO, Web.com. “As Jacksonville is the home of Web.com and the Web.com Tour Championship, we are proud to play a part in helping ensure that the area children have access to the best health care available.”
Wolfson Children's Hospital is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. Wolfson Children’s Hospital provides care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay. As a non-profit organization, Wolfson Children's Hospital relies on charitable donations to provide world-class care for all children in the region.
Greene said, “Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a true resource to families in North Florida, South Georgia and beyond, providing care for all children, regardless of their ability to pay. As a non-profit organization, Wolfson Children's Hospital relies on charitable donations to provide world-class care for all children in the region. We are so appreciative of this generous gift from the Web.com Tour Championship, and Baptist Health is proud to be a Founding Partner of this signature event for Northeast Florida.”
The Web.com Tour Championship features the top-75 money winners from the Web.com Tour Regular Season as well as the PGA TOUR players who finished 126-200 on the FedExCup points list. For tickets, events and more information about the Web.com Tour Championship, please visit webtourchampionship.com.
- PGA TOUR to donate $100,000 to West Virginia Flood Relief 06/28/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016