Lend Lease, Birdies for the Brave to host tournament benefiting military families
September 6, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The non-profit Lend Lease (US) Community Fund will team up with the PGA TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative on Monday, September 9, to host a charity golf tournament benefiting military outreach programs for wounded warriors and military families. The inaugural 18 Fore Military Families golf tournament will take place at The Governors Club in Brentwood, TN, with registration starting at 9:30 am; a patriotic-themed opening ceremony at 10:30 am featuring military pageantry and special guest speakers; and a shotgun start at 11:00 am. A cocktail reception and silent auction will be hosted at the completion of play, followed by dinner provided by Logan’s Roadhouse and live entertainment featuring singer/songwriter Wynn Varble.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the event’s Title Sponsor, with additional sponsorship support provided by Winn Residential, IHG Army Hotels, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Jack Daniel’s among others. PGA TOUR player Frank Lickliter II will be among the special guests playing in the charity golf tournament alongside sponsors and local golfers, while 11 military members from Fort Campbell and ten wounded warriors will also play in the event.
“As a corporation, Lend Lease has an unwavering commitment to serve the men and women of our US Military and their families,” said Marc Sierra, managing director of Lend Lease US Public Partnerships. “Through the Lend Lease Community Fund, we are able to bring awareness to and provide funding for several organizations that support our service members and we are especially proud to kick-off what we plan to become an annual tradition of hosting a day of fun while giving back to those who have given so much for this nation.”
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015