Lend Lease, Birdies for the Brave to host tournament benefiting military families
September 6, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The non-profit Lend Lease (US) Community Fund will team up with the PGA TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative on Monday, September 9, to host a charity golf tournament benefiting military outreach programs for wounded warriors and military families. The inaugural 18 Fore Military Families golf tournament will take place at The Governors Club in Brentwood, TN, with registration starting at 9:30 am; a patriotic-themed opening ceremony at 10:30 am featuring military pageantry and special guest speakers; and a shotgun start at 11:00 am. A cocktail reception and silent auction will be hosted at the completion of play, followed by dinner provided by Logan’s Roadhouse and live entertainment featuring singer/songwriter Wynn Varble.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the event’s Title Sponsor, with additional sponsorship support provided by Winn Residential, IHG Army Hotels, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Jack Daniel’s among others. PGA TOUR player Frank Lickliter II will be among the special guests playing in the charity golf tournament alongside sponsors and local golfers, while 11 military members from Fort Campbell and ten wounded warriors will also play in the event.
“As a corporation, Lend Lease has an unwavering commitment to serve the men and women of our US Military and their families,” said Marc Sierra, managing director of Lend Lease US Public Partnerships. “Through the Lend Lease Community Fund, we are able to bring awareness to and provide funding for several organizations that support our service members and we are especially proud to kick-off what we plan to become an annual tradition of hosting a day of fun while giving back to those who have given so much for this nation.”
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- VIDEO: Tiger Woods reflects on his foundation's 20-year history 02/02/2016
- San Diego native Pat Perez hosts clinic for wounded veterans 01/27/2016
- Dell, PGA TOUR name five charities as Austin-Area beneficiaries for World Golf Championships-Dell Match Play 01/27/2016