Lend Lease, Birdies for the Brave to host tournament benefiting military families
September 6, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The non-profit Lend Lease (US) Community Fund will team up with the PGA TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative on Monday, September 9, to host a charity golf tournament benefiting military outreach programs for wounded warriors and military families. The inaugural 18 Fore Military Families golf tournament will take place at The Governors Club in Brentwood, TN, with registration starting at 9:30 am; a patriotic-themed opening ceremony at 10:30 am featuring military pageantry and special guest speakers; and a shotgun start at 11:00 am. A cocktail reception and silent auction will be hosted at the completion of play, followed by dinner provided by Logan’s Roadhouse and live entertainment featuring singer/songwriter Wynn Varble.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the event’s Title Sponsor, with additional sponsorship support provided by Winn Residential, IHG Army Hotels, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Jack Daniel’s among others. PGA TOUR player Frank Lickliter II will be among the special guests playing in the charity golf tournament alongside sponsors and local golfers, while 11 military members from Fort Campbell and ten wounded warriors will also play in the event.
“As a corporation, Lend Lease has an unwavering commitment to serve the men and women of our US Military and their families,” said Marc Sierra, managing director of Lend Lease US Public Partnerships. “Through the Lend Lease Community Fund, we are able to bring awareness to and provide funding for several organizations that support our service members and we are especially proud to kick-off what we plan to become an annual tradition of hosting a day of fun while giving back to those who have given so much for this nation.”
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017