Lend Lease, Birdies for the Brave to host tournament benefiting military families
September 6, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The non-profit Lend Lease (US) Community Fund will team up with the PGA TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative on Monday, September 9, to host a charity golf tournament benefiting military outreach programs for wounded warriors and military families. The inaugural 18 Fore Military Families golf tournament will take place at The Governors Club in Brentwood, TN, with registration starting at 9:30 am; a patriotic-themed opening ceremony at 10:30 am featuring military pageantry and special guest speakers; and a shotgun start at 11:00 am. A cocktail reception and silent auction will be hosted at the completion of play, followed by dinner provided by Logan’s Roadhouse and live entertainment featuring singer/songwriter Wynn Varble.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the event’s Title Sponsor, with additional sponsorship support provided by Winn Residential, IHG Army Hotels, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Jack Daniel’s among others. PGA TOUR player Frank Lickliter II will be among the special guests playing in the charity golf tournament alongside sponsors and local golfers, while 11 military members from Fort Campbell and ten wounded warriors will also play in the event.
“As a corporation, Lend Lease has an unwavering commitment to serve the men and women of our US Military and their families,” said Marc Sierra, managing director of Lend Lease US Public Partnerships. “Through the Lend Lease Community Fund, we are able to bring awareness to and provide funding for several organizations that support our service members and we are especially proud to kick-off what we plan to become an annual tradition of hosting a day of fun while giving back to those who have given so much for this nation.”
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014
- VIDEO: THE PLAYERS Championship 17th Hole Charity Challenge 04/14/2014
- Jacksonville community receives 'dream' playground 04/14/2014
- PGA TOUR Superstore announces $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford 04/04/2014
- Inaugural Tiger Woods Charity Playoffs to benefit youth 04/03/2014
- Donate Life America's "Play Through with Erik Compton" enters third year 04/03/2014
- Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament 04/03/2014
- Erik Compton: Matters of the Heart 04/02/2014