Lend Lease, Birdies for the Brave to host tournament benefiting military families
September 6, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The non-profit Lend Lease (US) Community Fund will team up with the PGA TOUR’s Birdies for the Brave military outreach initiative on Monday, September 9, to host a charity golf tournament benefiting military outreach programs for wounded warriors and military families. The inaugural 18 Fore Military Families golf tournament will take place at The Governors Club in Brentwood, TN, with registration starting at 9:30 am; a patriotic-themed opening ceremony at 10:30 am featuring military pageantry and special guest speakers; and a shotgun start at 11:00 am. A cocktail reception and silent auction will be hosted at the completion of play, followed by dinner provided by Logan’s Roadhouse and live entertainment featuring singer/songwriter Wynn Varble.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the event’s Title Sponsor, with additional sponsorship support provided by Winn Residential, IHG Army Hotels, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and Jack Daniel’s among others. PGA TOUR player Frank Lickliter II will be among the special guests playing in the charity golf tournament alongside sponsors and local golfers, while 11 military members from Fort Campbell and ten wounded warriors will also play in the event.
“As a corporation, Lend Lease has an unwavering commitment to serve the men and women of our US Military and their families,” said Marc Sierra, managing director of Lend Lease US Public Partnerships. “Through the Lend Lease Community Fund, we are able to bring awareness to and provide funding for several organizations that support our service members and we are especially proud to kick-off what we plan to become an annual tradition of hosting a day of fun while giving back to those who have given so much for this nation.”
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- VIDEO: Keegan Bradley hosts fourth annual charity tournament in Vermont 09/02/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015