Jacksonville Jaguars, PGA TOUR collaborate on halftime promotion for charity
September 5, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Jaguars and the PGA TOUR announced today a first of its kind promotion that will take place during halftime of each Jaguars home game this year at EverBank Field.
Beginning with Sunday’s regular season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs, and throughout the season, a PGA TOUR player and Jaxson de Ville will each hit an approximately 125-yard golf shot from atop the Sky Patio in the south endzone to an island green located at the 50 yard line. If the TOUR player is closer to the hole, the Jaguars Foundation will make a $10,000 donation to the player’s charity of choice. If Jaxson de Ville is closer, the Jaguars Foundation will make a $1,000 charitable donation to the player’s charity of choice and every fan in attendance will receive a free order of Cheesesticks from Papa John’s, the newest Jaguars corporate partner. In addition, if Jaxson de Ville or the TOUR player makes a hole-in-one, one fan selected prior to the game will win $1 million from the Jaguars.
“The Jaguars are continuing to strive to make the game day experience at EverBank Field the best in the NFL,” said Hussain Naqi, Jaguars Senior Vice President of Fan Engagement. “Working with our hometown friends at the PGA TOUR, and a great sponsor like Papa John’s, we are thrilled to unveil what is sure to be one of the great fan experiences in the NFL this year.”
"The Jacksonville Jaguars have been great partners with the PGA TOUR for many years. We both share a commitment to supporting local charities in our North Florida community. This will be a unique and exciting experience for the best golfers in the world to have Jaguars fans cheering them on,"said Andy Pazder, EVP & PGA TOUR Chief of Operations. "Giving back to charity is at the heart of the PGA TOUR and we look forward to seeing how this event will allow our players to help the many charities that they support."
Sunday’s game will feature PGA TOUR player David Lingmerth, who finished second in this year’s THE PLAYERS Championship, setting a new mark for best finish by a PGA TOUR rookie at the event. Joining David and Jaxson will be a lucky Papa John’s customer who will have the opportunity to win $1 million if a hole-in-one is made. Following Sunday’s game, fans who register for Papa Rewards on papajohns.com will have the opportunity to win tickets to a Jaguars home game to stand alongside a TOUR player and Jaxson de Ville for a chance to win $1 million.
“We are delighted to partner with two great brands on such an innovative promotion”, said Nadeem Bajwa, CEO of BAJCO Group, one of the largest privately owned franchisees in the Papa John’s network. “Papa John’s is about better ingredients and better pizzas. This promotion has all of the ingredients of being a winner for everyone, including fans and charity.”
Papa John's will not only be rewarding fans in the stadium, but all Jaguars fans through other great offers. Whenever the Jaguars win a game – home or away – fans will receive 50% off regular menu priced orders the day following the game by ordering online and using promo code JAGSWIN.
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014
- VIDEO: Brandt Snedeker shoots for charity during Monday Night Football 11/18/2014
- Snedeker to take shot for charity during Titans-Steelers game on Monday night 11/14/2014
- Humana Challenge host organization donates $800k to Coachella Valley community 11/13/2014
- VIDEO: Nonprofits share more than $130,000 in United Leasing Championship donations 11/13/2014
- 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open generates over $7M for local charities 11/13/2014