Garcia, Donald pledge support to The First Tee of Greater Chicago during BMW Championship
September 9, 2013
Chicago, IL – Good friends and PGA TOUR professionals Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald have pledged to support The First Tee of Greater Chicago by donating $1,000 for each birdie, and $2,000 for every eagle they make during the BMW Championship at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest.
To date, Garcia is donating $78,000 to The First Tee chapters located in communities in which he has competed through the 2013 FedExCup season starting with The World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
“I am very excited to be able to help support The First Tee and the good works it does in teaching youth the great life skills that are a part of our sport,” said Garcia.
Donald chose to join his friend Sergio in this part of the campaign because of his close association with The First Tee of Greater Chicago. He is the chapter’s honorary Chairman. "Through The First Tee youngsters discover how skills essential to success on a golf course can also help them flourish in life and I am intent on raising as much money as possible for them," Donald said. "I receive so much support here in Chicago that I absolutely feel like I am a local boy so I am delighted to make this pledge and be able to give back to the community that have made me feel so welcome."
The First Tee of Greater Chicago is also asking the public to join Garcia and Donald by pledging to donate as little as $1 for every birdie and eagle they make during the BMW Championship September 12-15. For more information and to make a pledge, visit www.thefirstteegreaterchicago.org.
- 2014 Wells Fargo Championship distributes over $1 million to charities 10/23/2014
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR Wives take on husbands in charity wiffle ball game at The McGladrey Classic 10/22/2014
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014
- Rory McIlroy opens pediatric cancer center in Northern Ireland 10/08/2014
- VIDEO: Bubba Watson visits corn maze carved in his honor 10/06/2014
- VIDEO: Erik Compton receives the Buoniconti 'Inspiration Award' 10/01/2014