Garcia, Donald pledge support to The First Tee of Greater Chicago during BMW Championship
September 9, 2013
Chicago, IL – Good friends and PGA TOUR professionals Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald have pledged to support The First Tee of Greater Chicago by donating $1,000 for each birdie, and $2,000 for every eagle they make during the BMW Championship at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest.
To date, Garcia is donating $78,000 to The First Tee chapters located in communities in which he has competed through the 2013 FedExCup season starting with The World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
“I am very excited to be able to help support The First Tee and the good works it does in teaching youth the great life skills that are a part of our sport,” said Garcia.
Donald chose to join his friend Sergio in this part of the campaign because of his close association with The First Tee of Greater Chicago. He is the chapter’s honorary Chairman. "Through The First Tee youngsters discover how skills essential to success on a golf course can also help them flourish in life and I am intent on raising as much money as possible for them," Donald said. "I receive so much support here in Chicago that I absolutely feel like I am a local boy so I am delighted to make this pledge and be able to give back to the community that have made me feel so welcome."
The First Tee of Greater Chicago is also asking the public to join Garcia and Donald by pledging to donate as little as $1 for every birdie and eagle they make during the BMW Championship September 12-15. For more information and to make a pledge, visit www.thefirstteegreaterchicago.org.
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014
- VIDEO: THE PLAYERS Championship 17th Hole Charity Challenge 04/14/2014
- Jacksonville community receives 'dream' playground 04/14/2014
- PGA TOUR Superstore announces $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford 04/04/2014
- Inaugural Tiger Woods Charity Playoffs to benefit youth 04/03/2014
- Donate Life America's "Play Through with Erik Compton" enters third year 04/03/2014
- Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament 04/03/2014
- Erik Compton: Matters of the Heart 04/02/2014