Garcia, Donald pledge support to The First Tee of Greater Chicago during BMW Championship
September 9, 2013
Chicago, IL – Good friends and PGA TOUR professionals Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald have pledged to support The First Tee of Greater Chicago by donating $1,000 for each birdie, and $2,000 for every eagle they make during the BMW Championship at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest.
To date, Garcia is donating $78,000 to The First Tee chapters located in communities in which he has competed through the 2013 FedExCup season starting with The World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
“I am very excited to be able to help support The First Tee and the good works it does in teaching youth the great life skills that are a part of our sport,” said Garcia.
Donald chose to join his friend Sergio in this part of the campaign because of his close association with The First Tee of Greater Chicago. He is the chapter’s honorary Chairman. "Through The First Tee youngsters discover how skills essential to success on a golf course can also help them flourish in life and I am intent on raising as much money as possible for them," Donald said. "I receive so much support here in Chicago that I absolutely feel like I am a local boy so I am delighted to make this pledge and be able to give back to the community that have made me feel so welcome."
The First Tee of Greater Chicago is also asking the public to join Garcia and Donald by pledging to donate as little as $1 for every birdie and eagle they make during the BMW Championship September 12-15. For more information and to make a pledge, visit www.thefirstteegreaterchicago.org.
- THE PLAYERS announces Toby Keith for Military Appreciation Day 02/12/2016
- Two by Two Rescue named 2015 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/12/2016
- Chubb Classic, Waste Management donate up to $5K to Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs 02/11/2016
- Travelers Championship names ALS Clinic at Hospital for Special Care in New Britain primary beneficiary in 2016 02/11/2016
- 2016 Gary Player Invitational scores an ace for local charity in Abu Dhabi 02/11/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016