Garcia, Donald pledge support to The First Tee of Greater Chicago during BMW Championship
September 9, 2013
Chicago, IL – Good friends and PGA TOUR professionals Sergio Garcia and Luke Donald have pledged to support The First Tee of Greater Chicago by donating $1,000 for each birdie, and $2,000 for every eagle they make during the BMW Championship at Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest.
To date, Garcia is donating $78,000 to The First Tee chapters located in communities in which he has competed through the 2013 FedExCup season starting with The World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational in Ohio.
“I am very excited to be able to help support The First Tee and the good works it does in teaching youth the great life skills that are a part of our sport,” said Garcia.
Donald chose to join his friend Sergio in this part of the campaign because of his close association with The First Tee of Greater Chicago. He is the chapter’s honorary Chairman. "Through The First Tee youngsters discover how skills essential to success on a golf course can also help them flourish in life and I am intent on raising as much money as possible for them," Donald said. "I receive so much support here in Chicago that I absolutely feel like I am a local boy so I am delighted to make this pledge and be able to give back to the community that have made me feel so welcome."
The First Tee of Greater Chicago is also asking the public to join Garcia and Donald by pledging to donate as little as $1 for every birdie and eagle they make during the BMW Championship September 12-15. For more information and to make a pledge, visit www.thefirstteegreaterchicago.org.
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jeff Maggert's $5,000 shot for charity 04/14/2015
- Brad Faxon receives 2015 Ouimet Award 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Padraig Harrington on Ireland's Lollipop Day and the fight against oesophageal cancer 04/14/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015