Rod Pampling Classic raises $136,000 for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
October 9, 2013
DALLAS, TX – OCTOBER 7, 2013 – The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) announced today that they raised $136,000 through the Rod Pampling Golf Classic. The 2-day event began with a cocktail reception and silent auction on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and Resort.
PGA TOUR player Rod Pampling welcomed special guests including, sports commentator David Feherty, former Dallas Stars goalie Marty Turco and musician Bri Bagwell. On Monday, September 23, 2013, 132 golfers joined Rod at Cowboys Golf Club including fellow TOUR players John Senden and Steven Bowditch.
“This year with the Rod Pampling Classic raising $136,000, our event has raised over $1million for CF research.” said Rod Pampling. “This would not be possible without the support of sponsors, partners, friends and our very generous community who are all committed to finding a cure. Each year we have heard about more effective treatments and research drugs becoming readily available so I know the money we are raising is being used effectively. I have had the privilege of watching a little girl who was 4 when I first met her grow into an assertive, strong and ambitious teenager taking on challenges and living her life to the fullest. This shouldn't be a
privilege.... It should be a given for a very, very long time, and that is why I hope we can continue to make a difference in the lives of people with CF."
“We deeply appreciate the impact that Rod and his wife Ange have made through their work on the Rod Pampling Golf Classic.” said event chairperson Dave Andersen. “Because of the commitment of the Pamplings, as well as their friends and associates, we have been able to contribute over $1 million toward improving the quality of life of those with CF and the ultimate goal of finding a cure.”
The event committee was able to reach its fundraising goal through the golf event, cocktail reception and silent auction. In addition event sponsors, including PSSI, Allen Samuels, American Airlines, America Messaging, Maverick Capital Foundation, and White Rock Capital made a significant impact on the event total.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017