Rod Pampling Classic raises $136,000 for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
October 9, 2013
DALLAS, TX – OCTOBER 7, 2013 – The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) announced today that they raised $136,000 through the Rod Pampling Golf Classic. The 2-day event began with a cocktail reception and silent auction on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and Resort.
PGA TOUR player Rod Pampling welcomed special guests including, sports commentator David Feherty, former Dallas Stars goalie Marty Turco and musician Bri Bagwell. On Monday, September 23, 2013, 132 golfers joined Rod at Cowboys Golf Club including fellow TOUR players John Senden and Steven Bowditch.
“This year with the Rod Pampling Classic raising $136,000, our event has raised over $1million for CF research.” said Rod Pampling. “This would not be possible without the support of sponsors, partners, friends and our very generous community who are all committed to finding a cure. Each year we have heard about more effective treatments and research drugs becoming readily available so I know the money we are raising is being used effectively. I have had the privilege of watching a little girl who was 4 when I first met her grow into an assertive, strong and ambitious teenager taking on challenges and living her life to the fullest. This shouldn't be a
privilege.... It should be a given for a very, very long time, and that is why I hope we can continue to make a difference in the lives of people with CF."
“We deeply appreciate the impact that Rod and his wife Ange have made through their work on the Rod Pampling Golf Classic.” said event chairperson Dave Andersen. “Because of the commitment of the Pamplings, as well as their friends and associates, we have been able to contribute over $1 million toward improving the quality of life of those with CF and the ultimate goal of finding a cure.”
The event committee was able to reach its fundraising goal through the golf event, cocktail reception and silent auction. In addition event sponsors, including PSSI, Allen Samuels, American Airlines, America Messaging, Maverick Capital Foundation, and White Rock Capital made a significant impact on the event total.
- Birdies for the Brave conducts warrior club fitting at TOUR Championship 09/26/2016
- Show Your Support 09/26/2016
- “84 for 84” effort will benefit East Lake Foundation 09/22/2016
- Valspar Championship donates second Habitat For Humanity house 09/20/2016
- Henderson State unveils Ken Duke golf facility 09/19/2016
- PGA TOUR players give $100,000 to assist with flood relief 09/16/2016
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth's ace nets $100,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 09/15/2016
- Team Rose provides unique caddy experience to fallen hero's son during BMW Championship 09/14/2016
- Winner of Deutsche Bank Championship's volunteer challenge announced 09/07/2016
- Phil Mickelson, Stacy Lewis support literacy through KPMG's 'Blue for Books' program 09/01/2016