Rod Pampling Classic raises $136,000 for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
October 9, 2013
DALLAS, TX – OCTOBER 7, 2013 – The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) announced today that they raised $136,000 through the Rod Pampling Golf Classic. The 2-day event began with a cocktail reception and silent auction on Sunday, September 22, 2013 at the Gaylord Texan Hotel and Resort.
PGA TOUR player Rod Pampling welcomed special guests including, sports commentator David Feherty, former Dallas Stars goalie Marty Turco and musician Bri Bagwell. On Monday, September 23, 2013, 132 golfers joined Rod at Cowboys Golf Club including fellow TOUR players John Senden and Steven Bowditch.
“This year with the Rod Pampling Classic raising $136,000, our event has raised over $1million for CF research.” said Rod Pampling. “This would not be possible without the support of sponsors, partners, friends and our very generous community who are all committed to finding a cure. Each year we have heard about more effective treatments and research drugs becoming readily available so I know the money we are raising is being used effectively. I have had the privilege of watching a little girl who was 4 when I first met her grow into an assertive, strong and ambitious teenager taking on challenges and living her life to the fullest. This shouldn't be a
privilege.... It should be a given for a very, very long time, and that is why I hope we can continue to make a difference in the lives of people with CF."
“We deeply appreciate the impact that Rod and his wife Ange have made through their work on the Rod Pampling Golf Classic.” said event chairperson Dave Andersen. “Because of the commitment of the Pamplings, as well as their friends and associates, we have been able to contribute over $1 million toward improving the quality of life of those with CF and the ultimate goal of finding a cure.”
The event committee was able to reach its fundraising goal through the golf event, cocktail reception and silent auction. In addition event sponsors, including PSSI, Allen Samuels, American Airlines, America Messaging, Maverick Capital Foundation, and White Rock Capital made a significant impact on the event total.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013