Alan Alda, Joe Mantegna to host telethon benefitting wounded veterans on November 10
October 22, 2013
Celebrities, musicians and comedians and American armed forces veterans will come together this upcoming Veterans Day Weekend, for Homeward Bound, a live, four-hour national telethon to support veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Alan Alda and Joe Mantegna will host the live event, to air on the Military Channel, on Sunday, Nov. 10, from 7-11 p.m. ET in Hollywood's historic American Legion Hall #43. Other stars, along with veterans and other dignitaries, will staff the phone banks to accept donations. Multiple Emmy-winner Gary Smith is executive producer, Lee Miller is producer and Gail Purse is co-producer/talent executive.
Celebrity participants will include actor Kevin Spacey and singers Lou Diamond Phillips, Michael Feinstein, Connie Francis, Patti Austin among others. Decorated veterans Staff Sergeant Ty Carter (2013 recipient of the Medal of Freedom) and Lt. Colonel Bob Friend, a former Tuskegee Airman will also be a part of the eevnt. Performers for the evening include Steve Tyrell, the American Military Spouses Choir and vocal groups Gentlemen’s Rule and Under the Streetlamp.
PEOPLE Magazine is teaming up with HOMEWARD BOUND because of the magazine’s commitment to providing assistance to men and women who served in the military. A portion of the night’s proceeds will go to one of PEOPLE’s charities, Operation Finally Home, which has built more than 30 custom-designed mortgage free homes for wounded and disabled veterans and the widows of the fall in an effort to get their lives back on track to become productive members of their communities.
For more information, please visit HomewardBoundTelethon.org.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016