Alan Alda, Joe Mantegna to host telethon benefitting wounded veterans on November 10
October 22, 2013
Celebrities, musicians and comedians and American armed forces veterans will come together this upcoming Veterans Day Weekend, for Homeward Bound, a live, four-hour national telethon to support veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Alan Alda and Joe Mantegna will host the live event, to air on the Military Channel, on Sunday, Nov. 10, from 7-11 p.m. ET in Hollywood's historic American Legion Hall #43. Other stars, along with veterans and other dignitaries, will staff the phone banks to accept donations. Multiple Emmy-winner Gary Smith is executive producer, Lee Miller is producer and Gail Purse is co-producer/talent executive.
Celebrity participants will include actor Kevin Spacey and singers Lou Diamond Phillips, Michael Feinstein, Connie Francis, Patti Austin among others. Decorated veterans Staff Sergeant Ty Carter (2013 recipient of the Medal of Freedom) and Lt. Colonel Bob Friend, a former Tuskegee Airman will also be a part of the eevnt. Performers for the evening include Steve Tyrell, the American Military Spouses Choir and vocal groups Gentlemen’s Rule and Under the Streetlamp.
PEOPLE Magazine is teaming up with HOMEWARD BOUND because of the magazine’s commitment to providing assistance to men and women who served in the military. A portion of the night’s proceeds will go to one of PEOPLE’s charities, Operation Finally Home, which has built more than 30 custom-designed mortgage free homes for wounded and disabled veterans and the widows of the fall in an effort to get their lives back on track to become productive members of their communities.
For more information, please visit HomewardBoundTelethon.org.
- Vi at Silverstone holds “Putt for Charity” to promote Charles Schwab Cup Championship 10/21/2016
- PGA TOUR announces top tournament winners in the 2016 PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 10/20/2016
- Shaw Charity Classic shatters own record for charitable giving on PGA TOUR Champions 10/20/2016
- Travelers Championship generates a record $2.8 million for charity 10/18/2016
- Golf & Health Project launches to highlight how golf can benefit all 10/13/2016
- David Hearn Foundation donates $20,000 to Alzheimer Society of Canada 10/13/2016
- CHARMED Foundation delivers $25,000 donation to Tom Pernice Jr. Charities 10/10/2016
- Drew Charter School makes positive impact on East Lake 09/27/2016
- Show Your Support 09/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave conducts warrior club fitting at TOUR Championship 09/26/2016