PGA TOUR supports Environmental Institute for Golf with $100,000 donation
October 9, 2013
The PGA TOUR has renewed its support of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), with a $100,000 donation.
This is the third time that the PGA Tour has made a $100,000 commitment to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is a Platinum Tee Club member for donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is also recognized at the Champions Club level in EIFG's cumulative giving program for donors who have contributed $250,000-$499,999 to the EIFG since 1987.
In addition, Cal Roth, PGA Tour senior vice president of agronomy and 34-year GCSAA member, has been named to the EIFG Board of Trustees.
"The PGA Tour's generous commitment to the EIFG is a prime example of golf's leading associations working together for the benefit of the game," GCSAA/EIFG President Patrick R. Finlen, CGCS, said. "Cal Roth is an excellent addition to our board of trustees. He previously served on the EIFG's advisory council, and with his background as an agronomist and golf course superintendent, he is well-versed in the issues facing golf facilities when it comes to sustainability and the environment."
The seven-member board of trustees that Roth has joined comprises individuals representing various aspects of the golf industry and strives to establish the vision and long-range plans of the EIFG.
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives put the finishing touches on Habitat for Humanity home during Valspar Championship 03/12/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015