PGA TOUR supports Environmental Institute for Golf with $100,000 donation
October 9, 2013
The PGA TOUR has renewed its support of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), with a $100,000 donation.
This is the third time that the PGA Tour has made a $100,000 commitment to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is a Platinum Tee Club member for donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is also recognized at the Champions Club level in EIFG's cumulative giving program for donors who have contributed $250,000-$499,999 to the EIFG since 1987.
In addition, Cal Roth, PGA Tour senior vice president of agronomy and 34-year GCSAA member, has been named to the EIFG Board of Trustees.
"The PGA Tour's generous commitment to the EIFG is a prime example of golf's leading associations working together for the benefit of the game," GCSAA/EIFG President Patrick R. Finlen, CGCS, said. "Cal Roth is an excellent addition to our board of trustees. He previously served on the EIFG's advisory council, and with his background as an agronomist and golf course superintendent, he is well-versed in the issues facing golf facilities when it comes to sustainability and the environment."
The seven-member board of trustees that Roth has joined comprises individuals representing various aspects of the golf industry and strives to establish the vision and long-range plans of the EIFG.
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014
- Rory McIlroy opens pediatric cancer center in Northern Ireland 10/08/2014
- VIDEO: Bubba Watson visits corn maze carved in his honor 10/06/2014
- VIDEO: Erik Compton receives the Buoniconti 'Inspiration Award' 10/01/2014
- YMCA of the Triangle named host charity of the SAS Championship 09/30/2014
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014