PGA TOUR supports Environmental Institute for Golf with $100,000 donation
October 9, 2013
The PGA TOUR has renewed its support of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), with a $100,000 donation.
This is the third time that the PGA Tour has made a $100,000 commitment to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is a Platinum Tee Club member for donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is also recognized at the Champions Club level in EIFG's cumulative giving program for donors who have contributed $250,000-$499,999 to the EIFG since 1987.
In addition, Cal Roth, PGA Tour senior vice president of agronomy and 34-year GCSAA member, has been named to the EIFG Board of Trustees.
"The PGA Tour's generous commitment to the EIFG is a prime example of golf's leading associations working together for the benefit of the game," GCSAA/EIFG President Patrick R. Finlen, CGCS, said. "Cal Roth is an excellent addition to our board of trustees. He previously served on the EIFG's advisory council, and with his background as an agronomist and golf course superintendent, he is well-versed in the issues facing golf facilities when it comes to sustainability and the environment."
The seven-member board of trustees that Roth has joined comprises individuals representing various aspects of the golf industry and strives to establish the vision and long-range plans of the EIFG.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016