PGA TOUR supports Environmental Institute for Golf with $100,000 donation
October 9, 2013
The PGA TOUR has renewed its support of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), with a $100,000 donation.
This is the third time that the PGA Tour has made a $100,000 commitment to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is a Platinum Tee Club member for donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is also recognized at the Champions Club level in EIFG's cumulative giving program for donors who have contributed $250,000-$499,999 to the EIFG since 1987.
In addition, Cal Roth, PGA Tour senior vice president of agronomy and 34-year GCSAA member, has been named to the EIFG Board of Trustees.
"The PGA Tour's generous commitment to the EIFG is a prime example of golf's leading associations working together for the benefit of the game," GCSAA/EIFG President Patrick R. Finlen, CGCS, said. "Cal Roth is an excellent addition to our board of trustees. He previously served on the EIFG's advisory council, and with his background as an agronomist and golf course superintendent, he is well-versed in the issues facing golf facilities when it comes to sustainability and the environment."
The seven-member board of trustees that Roth has joined comprises individuals representing various aspects of the golf industry and strives to establish the vision and long-range plans of the EIFG.
- Shaw Charity Classic shatters own record for charitable giving on PGA TOUR Champions 10/20/2016
- PGA TOUR announces top tournament winners in the 2016 PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 10/20/2016
- Travelers Championship generates a record $2.8 million for charity 10/18/2016
- David Hearn Foundation donates $20,000 to Alzheimer Society of Canada 10/13/2016
- Golf & Health Project launches to highlight how golf can benefit all 10/13/2016
- CHARMED Foundation delivers $25,000 donation to Tom Pernice Jr. Charities 10/10/2016
- Drew Charter School makes positive impact on East Lake 09/27/2016
- Birdies for the Brave conducts warrior club fitting at TOUR Championship 09/26/2016
- Show Your Support 09/26/2016
- “84 for 84” effort will benefit East Lake Foundation 09/22/2016