PGA TOUR supports Environmental Institute for Golf with $100,000 donation
October 9, 2013
The PGA TOUR has renewed its support of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic organization of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), with a $100,000 donation.
This is the third time that the PGA Tour has made a $100,000 commitment to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is a Platinum Tee Club member for donors who contribute $5,000 or more annually to the EIFG. The PGA Tour is also recognized at the Champions Club level in EIFG's cumulative giving program for donors who have contributed $250,000-$499,999 to the EIFG since 1987.
In addition, Cal Roth, PGA Tour senior vice president of agronomy and 34-year GCSAA member, has been named to the EIFG Board of Trustees.
"The PGA Tour's generous commitment to the EIFG is a prime example of golf's leading associations working together for the benefit of the game," GCSAA/EIFG President Patrick R. Finlen, CGCS, said. "Cal Roth is an excellent addition to our board of trustees. He previously served on the EIFG's advisory council, and with his background as an agronomist and golf course superintendent, he is well-versed in the issues facing golf facilities when it comes to sustainability and the environment."
The seven-member board of trustees that Roth has joined comprises individuals representing various aspects of the golf industry and strives to establish the vision and long-range plans of the EIFG.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014