Ricky Barnes, fellow PGA TOUR players offer support to Northern California charities
October 9, 2013
By Bob Highfill, Stockton Record
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Ricky Barnes Foundation second annual charity pro-am golf tournament had a distinct family feel on Monday at Stockton Golf and Country Club.
Barnes, a former Stockton resident and current PGA Tour veteran, was joined by his wife, Suzanne (Stonebarger), and their children, 2-year-old Brady and 5-month-old Natalie. Because Ricky and Suzanne make their home in Phoenix, their family and friends worked behind the scenes to put on the tournament, which benefits the First Tee of San Joaquin and programs aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Last year, the inaugural tournament raised more than $100,000, and the goal this year is to donate that amount, if not more.
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016
- Fleur de Lis artwork benefits Fore!Kids Foundation at Zurich Classic 05/10/2016
- DeLaet to Support Charity by Donating Money for On-Course Performance 05/06/2016
- Jordan Spieth, FedEx donate $1 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 05/04/2016