Ricky Barnes, fellow PGA TOUR players offer support to Northern California charities
October 9, 2013
By Bob Highfill, Stockton Record
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Ricky Barnes Foundation second annual charity pro-am golf tournament had a distinct family feel on Monday at Stockton Golf and Country Club.
Barnes, a former Stockton resident and current PGA Tour veteran, was joined by his wife, Suzanne (Stonebarger), and their children, 2-year-old Brady and 5-month-old Natalie. Because Ricky and Suzanne make their home in Phoenix, their family and friends worked behind the scenes to put on the tournament, which benefits the First Tee of San Joaquin and programs aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Last year, the inaugural tournament raised more than $100,000, and the goal this year is to donate that amount, if not more.
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014
- VIDEO: THE PLAYERS Championship 17th Hole Charity Challenge 04/14/2014
- Jacksonville community receives 'dream' playground 04/14/2014
- PGA TOUR Superstore announces $5,000 grant to The First Tee of Greater Rockford 04/04/2014
- Inaugural Tiger Woods Charity Playoffs to benefit youth 04/03/2014
- Donate Life America's "Play Through with Erik Compton" enters third year 04/03/2014
- Notah Begay to host charity golf tournament 04/03/2014
- Erik Compton: Matters of the Heart 04/02/2014