Ricky Barnes, fellow PGA TOUR players offer support to Northern California charities
October 9, 2013
By Bob Highfill, Stockton Record
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Ricky Barnes Foundation second annual charity pro-am golf tournament had a distinct family feel on Monday at Stockton Golf and Country Club.
Barnes, a former Stockton resident and current PGA Tour veteran, was joined by his wife, Suzanne (Stonebarger), and their children, 2-year-old Brady and 5-month-old Natalie. Because Ricky and Suzanne make their home in Phoenix, their family and friends worked behind the scenes to put on the tournament, which benefits the First Tee of San Joaquin and programs aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Last year, the inaugural tournament raised more than $100,000, and the goal this year is to donate that amount, if not more.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014