Ricky Barnes, fellow PGA TOUR players offer support to Northern California charities
October 9, 2013
By Bob Highfill, Stockton Record
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Ricky Barnes Foundation second annual charity pro-am golf tournament had a distinct family feel on Monday at Stockton Golf and Country Club.
Barnes, a former Stockton resident and current PGA Tour veteran, was joined by his wife, Suzanne (Stonebarger), and their children, 2-year-old Brady and 5-month-old Natalie. Because Ricky and Suzanne make their home in Phoenix, their family and friends worked behind the scenes to put on the tournament, which benefits the First Tee of San Joaquin and programs aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Last year, the inaugural tournament raised more than $100,000, and the goal this year is to donate that amount, if not more.
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015