Ricky Barnes, fellow PGA TOUR players offer support to Northern California charities
October 9, 2013
By Bob Highfill, Stockton Record
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Ricky Barnes Foundation second annual charity pro-am golf tournament had a distinct family feel on Monday at Stockton Golf and Country Club.
Barnes, a former Stockton resident and current PGA Tour veteran, was joined by his wife, Suzanne (Stonebarger), and their children, 2-year-old Brady and 5-month-old Natalie. Because Ricky and Suzanne make their home in Phoenix, their family and friends worked behind the scenes to put on the tournament, which benefits the First Tee of San Joaquin and programs aimed at fighting childhood obesity. Last year, the inaugural tournament raised more than $100,000, and the goal this year is to donate that amount, if not more.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016