Select teens from The First Tee to attend Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum in Orlando
October 30, 2013
SAINT AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel chain, Auntie Anne’s has become a Diamond Corporate Partner of The First Tee, a youth development organization that provides educational programs for young people that build character using the game of golf as a platform.
As part of the sponsorship, 50 teen participants from The First Tee will be selected to attend the Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum, a national event to be held at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 31 – Nov. 3.During the three-day forum, participants will attend interactive sessions covering career development and community leadership from Auntie Anne’s executives and franchise partners. They will also learn about the franchising business model and what it is like to own and operate an Auntie Anne’s store.
“We are grateful for Auntie Anne’s commitment to young people through The First Tee,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “Through this partnership they will be able to reach a select group of participants who will benefit from an immersion in leadership and entrepreneurship based activities.”
In addition, Auntie Anne’s will begin recognizing the thousands of participants who are part of The First Tee A/B Honor Roll program each semester by providing free pretzel coupons to those who earn all As and/or Bs on their report cards.
“Building on our founder’s vision to give back, we are committed to serving others in our communities through supporting charitable organizations including our national charitable partner Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and now The First Tee,” said Bill Dunn, president and COO of Auntie Anne’s, Inc. “We are pleased to offer the Forum in an effort to build leadership and encourage entrepreneurial spirit in young people.”
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015