Select teens from The First Tee to attend Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum in Orlando
October 30, 2013
SAINT AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel chain, Auntie Anne’s has become a Diamond Corporate Partner of The First Tee, a youth development organization that provides educational programs for young people that build character using the game of golf as a platform.
As part of the sponsorship, 50 teen participants from The First Tee will be selected to attend the Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum, a national event to be held at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 31 – Nov. 3.During the three-day forum, participants will attend interactive sessions covering career development and community leadership from Auntie Anne’s executives and franchise partners. They will also learn about the franchising business model and what it is like to own and operate an Auntie Anne’s store.
“We are grateful for Auntie Anne’s commitment to young people through The First Tee,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “Through this partnership they will be able to reach a select group of participants who will benefit from an immersion in leadership and entrepreneurship based activities.”
In addition, Auntie Anne’s will begin recognizing the thousands of participants who are part of The First Tee A/B Honor Roll program each semester by providing free pretzel coupons to those who earn all As and/or Bs on their report cards.
“Building on our founder’s vision to give back, we are committed to serving others in our communities through supporting charitable organizations including our national charitable partner Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and now The First Tee,” said Bill Dunn, president and COO of Auntie Anne’s, Inc. “We are pleased to offer the Forum in an effort to build leadership and encourage entrepreneurial spirit in young people.”
- VIDEO: Players make a special hospital visit during Allianz Championship 02/26/2015
- Jonas Blixt makes a young cancer survivor's dream come true 02/25/2015
- Fifth annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge kicks off 02/25/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence to welcome first students in August 02/25/2015
- PHOTOS: Mahan teams with sponsor to raise funds for NADA Charitable Foundation 02/24/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- Greg and Nicole Chalmers launch autism support organization 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Tim Lang 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Katie Horsford 02/13/2015