Select teens from The First Tee to attend Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum in Orlando
October 30, 2013
SAINT AUGUSTINE, Fla. – The world’s largest hand-rolled soft pretzel chain, Auntie Anne’s has become a Diamond Corporate Partner of The First Tee, a youth development organization that provides educational programs for young people that build character using the game of golf as a platform.
As part of the sponsorship, 50 teen participants from The First Tee will be selected to attend the Auntie Anne’s Leaders & Entrepreneurs Forum, a national event to be held at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., Oct. 31 – Nov. 3.During the three-day forum, participants will attend interactive sessions covering career development and community leadership from Auntie Anne’s executives and franchise partners. They will also learn about the franchising business model and what it is like to own and operate an Auntie Anne’s store.
“We are grateful for Auntie Anne’s commitment to young people through The First Tee,” said Joe Louis Barrow, Jr., chief executive officer of The First Tee. “Through this partnership they will be able to reach a select group of participants who will benefit from an immersion in leadership and entrepreneurship based activities.”
In addition, Auntie Anne’s will begin recognizing the thousands of participants who are part of The First Tee A/B Honor Roll program each semester by providing free pretzel coupons to those who earn all As and/or Bs on their report cards.
“Building on our founder’s vision to give back, we are committed to serving others in our communities through supporting charitable organizations including our national charitable partner Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and now The First Tee,” said Bill Dunn, president and COO of Auntie Anne’s, Inc. “We are pleased to offer the Forum in an effort to build leadership and encourage entrepreneurial spirit in young people.”
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014
- VIDEO: Brandt Snedeker shoots for charity during Monday Night Football 11/18/2014
- Snedeker to take shot for charity during Titans-Steelers game on Monday night 11/14/2014
- Humana Challenge host organization donates $800k to Coachella Valley community 11/13/2014
- VIDEO: Nonprofits share more than $130,000 in United Leasing Championship donations 11/13/2014
- 2014 Waste Management Phoenix Open generates over $7M for local charities 11/13/2014