Allianz Championship raises $500,000 for South Florida charities
October 30, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla.– Officials with the Allianz Championship today announced that Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, charitable arm of the Champions Tour event held annually at the Broken Sound Club, raised $500,000 in 2013 to support the tournament’s main beneficiary, the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and over 20 other South Florida organization. The charity total was announced in conjunction with Allianz's title sponsorship extension through 2017.
“Our success is driven by the great leadership from Dick Schmidt, chairman of Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, the dedication and commitment of the all board members, plus the generous annual support by the South Florida community-at-large,” said Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship. “This event delivers important funding to Boca Raton Regional Hospital, one of the leading medical centers in South Florida. The Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities thanks Allianz for continuing its presence in the region, as we strive to make the tournament the best on the Champions Tour schedule each year.”
The 2014 Allianz Championship will be held February 3-9. For more information, visit allianzchampionship.com.
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- DeLaet Foundation's 'Graham Slam' charity event set for July 9 06/24/2015
- Graham DeLaet wins $10K for charity from Travelers at The Umbrella at 15 ½ Challenge 06/24/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015
- PGA TOUR players team up with RBC for online charity challenge 06/23/2015
- Chevron, Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic partner on contribution to Excel By 5 06/19/2015
- VIDEO: The Davis Love Foundation gives back 06/16/2015
- FedEx donates $1M to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 06/11/2015
- 6-year-old boy to play 100 holes for cancer fundraiser 06/11/2015