Allianz Championship raises $500,000 for South Florida charities
October 30, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla.– Officials with the Allianz Championship today announced that Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, charitable arm of the Champions Tour event held annually at the Broken Sound Club, raised $500,000 in 2013 to support the tournament’s main beneficiary, the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and over 20 other South Florida organization. The charity total was announced in conjunction with Allianz's title sponsorship extension through 2017.
“Our success is driven by the great leadership from Dick Schmidt, chairman of Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, the dedication and commitment of the all board members, plus the generous annual support by the South Florida community-at-large,” said Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship. “This event delivers important funding to Boca Raton Regional Hospital, one of the leading medical centers in South Florida. The Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities thanks Allianz for continuing its presence in the region, as we strive to make the tournament the best on the Champions Tour schedule each year.”
The 2014 Allianz Championship will be held February 3-9. For more information, visit allianzchampionship.com.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017