Allianz Championship raises $500,000 for South Florida charities
October 30, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla.– Officials with the Allianz Championship today announced that Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, charitable arm of the Champions Tour event held annually at the Broken Sound Club, raised $500,000 in 2013 to support the tournament’s main beneficiary, the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and over 20 other South Florida organization. The charity total was announced in conjunction with Allianz's title sponsorship extension through 2017.
“Our success is driven by the great leadership from Dick Schmidt, chairman of Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, the dedication and commitment of the all board members, plus the generous annual support by the South Florida community-at-large,” said Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship. “This event delivers important funding to Boca Raton Regional Hospital, one of the leading medical centers in South Florida. The Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities thanks Allianz for continuing its presence in the region, as we strive to make the tournament the best on the Champions Tour schedule each year.”
The 2014 Allianz Championship will be held February 3-9. For more information, visit allianzchampionship.com.
- Zurich and St. Bernard Project use lessons learned post-Hurricane Katrina to help communities across America 04/24/2014
- Els and Compton unite in mission to make an impact 04/23/2014
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014
- Woods has a new tournament -- for amateurs 04/23/2014
- Zurich Classic teams with Ernie Els Foundation in support of autism 04/22/2014
- Junior golfers Drive, Chip and Putt their way through Augusta 04/21/2014
- Harris English launches birdies campaign for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014