Allianz Championship raises $500,000 for South Florida charities
October 30, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla.– Officials with the Allianz Championship today announced that Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, charitable arm of the Champions Tour event held annually at the Broken Sound Club, raised $500,000 in 2013 to support the tournament’s main beneficiary, the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and over 20 other South Florida organization. The charity total was announced in conjunction with Allianz's title sponsorship extension through 2017.
“Our success is driven by the great leadership from Dick Schmidt, chairman of Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, the dedication and commitment of the all board members, plus the generous annual support by the South Florida community-at-large,” said Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship. “This event delivers important funding to Boca Raton Regional Hospital, one of the leading medical centers in South Florida. The Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities thanks Allianz for continuing its presence in the region, as we strive to make the tournament the best on the Champions Tour schedule each year.”
The 2014 Allianz Championship will be held February 3-9. For more information, visit allianzchampionship.com.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014