Allianz Championship raises $500,000 for South Florida charities
October 30, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla.– Officials with the Allianz Championship today announced that Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, charitable arm of the Champions Tour event held annually at the Broken Sound Club, raised $500,000 in 2013 to support the tournament’s main beneficiary, the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and over 20 other South Florida organization. The charity total was announced in conjunction with Allianz's title sponsorship extension through 2017.
“Our success is driven by the great leadership from Dick Schmidt, chairman of Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities, the dedication and commitment of the all board members, plus the generous annual support by the South Florida community-at-large,” said Ryan Dillon, tournament director of the Allianz Championship. “This event delivers important funding to Boca Raton Regional Hospital, one of the leading medical centers in South Florida. The Boca Raton Champions Golf Charities thanks Allianz for continuing its presence in the region, as we strive to make the tournament the best on the Champions Tour schedule each year.”
The 2014 Allianz Championship will be held February 3-9. For more information, visit allianzchampionship.com.
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015
- Humana Challenge partners with Loma Linda University Children's Hospital 01/06/2015
- McGladrey Classic announces over $930k raised for charity in 2014 01/06/2015