PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass
November 11, 2013
Photos by: Jennifer Perez/PGA TOUR
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month celebrated Veteran’s Day with several PGA TOUR players and local celebrities playing in a tournament to highlight THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA TOUR’s commitment to men and women who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces through Birdies for the Brave. An opening ceremony to the day’s events took place on the TPC Sawgrass driving range at 9 a.m and each group participating in the tournament included a U.S. service member or a Wounded Warrior.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative that was originally created by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, and subsequently adopted by the TOUR. The program is designed to show
appreciation and support to the courageous members of our U.S. Armed Forces and their families. For more information, visit birdiesforthebrave.org.
- 2015 Travelers Championship generates more than $1.56 million for charity 10/08/2015
- 23rd annual Jay Sigel Golf Invitational at Aronmink benefits cancer research 10/02/2015
- FedExCup Defining Moments: 2015 TOUR Championship Winner 10/02/2015
- Chitimacha Louisiana Open awards $180,000 to local charities 09/29/2015
- Mark Wilson Charity Classic nets $170K for Blessings in a Backpack 09/28/2015
- Florida family receives keys to Valspar Championship Habitat for Humanity home 09/28/2015
- Callaway Golf hosts 100th Warrior Club Fitting during TOUR Championship 09/25/2015
- FedExCup Defining Moments: TOUR Championship 09/24/2015
- Web.com Tour Wives give back at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 09/24/2015
- Compton 'plays through' Atlanta in support of Donate Life 09/23/2015