PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass
November 11, 2013
Photos by: Jennifer Perez/PGA TOUR
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month celebrated Veteran’s Day with several PGA TOUR players and local celebrities playing in a tournament to highlight THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA TOUR’s commitment to men and women who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces through Birdies for the Brave. An opening ceremony to the day’s events took place on the TPC Sawgrass driving range at 9 a.m and each group participating in the tournament included a U.S. service member or a Wounded Warrior.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative that was originally created by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, and subsequently adopted by the TOUR. The program is designed to show
appreciation and support to the courageous members of our U.S. Armed Forces and their families. For more information, visit birdiesforthebrave.org.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016