PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass
November 11, 2013
Photos by: Jennifer Perez/PGA TOUR
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month celebrated Veteran’s Day with several PGA TOUR players and local celebrities playing in a tournament to highlight THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA TOUR’s commitment to men and women who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces through Birdies for the Brave. An opening ceremony to the day’s events took place on the TPC Sawgrass driving range at 9 a.m and each group participating in the tournament included a U.S. service member or a Wounded Warrior.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative that was originally created by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, and subsequently adopted by the TOUR. The program is designed to show
appreciation and support to the courageous members of our U.S. Armed Forces and their families. For more information, visit birdiesforthebrave.org.
- VIDEO: Gary Player reunites with First Tee Open participant he inspired 09/22/2014
- The Greenbrier Classic announces first annual volunteer charitable initiative campaign 09/18/2014
- VIDEO: Web.com Tour player Peter Malnati's special friendship with a young cancer survivor 09/16/2014
- VIDEO: Brendon Todd visits East Lake's Drew Charter School during TOUR Championship 09/10/2014
- Web.com Tour Wives give back through “Fill the Cart with Fun” campaign 09/10/2014
- Andrade, Cink contribute to East Lake's success story 09/09/2014
- Chris Wilson kicks off campaign in support of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation 09/09/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014