PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass
November 11, 2013
Photos by: Jennifer Perez/PGA TOUR
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month celebrated Veteran’s Day with several PGA TOUR players and local celebrities playing in a tournament to highlight THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA TOUR’s commitment to men and women who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces through Birdies for the Brave. An opening ceremony to the day’s events took place on the TPC Sawgrass driving range at 9 a.m and each group participating in the tournament included a U.S. service member or a Wounded Warrior.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative that was originally created by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, and subsequently adopted by the TOUR. The program is designed to show
appreciation and support to the courageous members of our U.S. Armed Forces and their families. For more information, visit birdiesforthebrave.org.
- Gary Player joins PHIT America's fight against inactivity, obesity 03/11/2014
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014