PHOTOS: Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Sawgrass
November 11, 2013
Photos by: Jennifer Perez/PGA TOUR
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. - THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month celebrated Veteran’s Day with several PGA TOUR players and local celebrities playing in a tournament to highlight THE PLAYERS Championship and the PGA TOUR’s commitment to men and women who serve in the U.S. Armed Forces through Birdies for the Brave. An opening ceremony to the day’s events took place on the TPC Sawgrass driving range at 9 a.m and each group participating in the tournament included a U.S. service member or a Wounded Warrior.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative that was originally created by PGA TOUR player Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy, and subsequently adopted by the TOUR. The program is designed to show
appreciation and support to the courageous members of our U.S. Armed Forces and their families. For more information, visit birdiesforthebrave.org.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017