Els for Autism takes major step forward with Center of Excellence plans
November 20, 2013
JUPITER, Fla. – The Els for Autism Foundation today closed on a 26-acre piece of land in the Limestone Creek Community located in Palm Beach County, Fla. that will serve as the future site of the Els Center of Excellence.
Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the zoning for the facility in May and the foundation is preparing to break ground in the spring of 2014.
The land acquisition is a significant milestone in the journey to deliver a much-needed state of the art center for children affected by autism and their families. The center will integrate unique architectural components to create an environment designed specifically for children on the autism spectrum, providing the base for uniquely designed therapeutic program for 300 children between the ages of 3-21. It will also serve as a physical hub for a global outreach program that will make therapeutic best practices available to people on the spectrum.
"The center will be a very special building for very special people and will not only be a game changer for the children in our community but it will be a hub for our global outreach programs," said Els for Autism founder Ernie Els. "This will ensure that the positive influence of the Center is felt far beyond the boundaries of its walls. The close on the sale of the land is a major and exciting milestone that brings us one step closer to seeing our dream become a reality, a dream that could not have been realized without the amazing support of our friends and donors; both locally and across the country."
Els added,"We have ambitious plans for the center and to deliver everything we want to we still need your ongoing support, so please stay with us on our journey as we strive to create a better future for the many kids and families affected by autism that so desperately need our help."
For more information, please visit elsforautism.org.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016