Els for Autism takes major step forward with Center of Excellence plans
November 20, 2013
JUPITER, Fla. – The Els for Autism Foundation today closed on a 26-acre piece of land in the Limestone Creek Community located in Palm Beach County, Fla. that will serve as the future site of the Els Center of Excellence.
Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the zoning for the facility in May and the foundation is preparing to break ground in the spring of 2014.
The land acquisition is a significant milestone in the journey to deliver a much-needed state of the art center for children affected by autism and their families. The center will integrate unique architectural components to create an environment designed specifically for children on the autism spectrum, providing the base for uniquely designed therapeutic program for 300 children between the ages of 3-21. It will also serve as a physical hub for a global outreach program that will make therapeutic best practices available to people on the spectrum.
"The center will be a very special building for very special people and will not only be a game changer for the children in our community but it will be a hub for our global outreach programs," said Els for Autism founder Ernie Els. "This will ensure that the positive influence of the Center is felt far beyond the boundaries of its walls. The close on the sale of the land is a major and exciting milestone that brings us one step closer to seeing our dream become a reality, a dream that could not have been realized without the amazing support of our friends and donors; both locally and across the country."
Els added,"We have ambitious plans for the center and to deliver everything we want to we still need your ongoing support, so please stay with us on our journey as we strive to create a better future for the many kids and families affected by autism that so desperately need our help."
For more information, please visit elsforautism.org.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017