Els for Autism takes major step forward with Center of Excellence plans
November 20, 2013
JUPITER, Fla. – The Els for Autism Foundation today closed on a 26-acre piece of land in the Limestone Creek Community located in Palm Beach County, Fla. that will serve as the future site of the Els Center of Excellence.
Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners approved the zoning for the facility in May and the foundation is preparing to break ground in the spring of 2014.
The land acquisition is a significant milestone in the journey to deliver a much-needed state of the art center for children affected by autism and their families. The center will integrate unique architectural components to create an environment designed specifically for children on the autism spectrum, providing the base for uniquely designed therapeutic program for 300 children between the ages of 3-21. It will also serve as a physical hub for a global outreach program that will make therapeutic best practices available to people on the spectrum.
"The center will be a very special building for very special people and will not only be a game changer for the children in our community but it will be a hub for our global outreach programs," said Els for Autism founder Ernie Els. "This will ensure that the positive influence of the Center is felt far beyond the boundaries of its walls. The close on the sale of the land is a major and exciting milestone that brings us one step closer to seeing our dream become a reality, a dream that could not have been realized without the amazing support of our friends and donors; both locally and across the country."
Els added,"We have ambitious plans for the center and to deliver everything we want to we still need your ongoing support, so please stay with us on our journey as we strive to create a better future for the many kids and families affected by autism that so desperately need our help."
For more information, please visit elsforautism.org.
- Gary Player joins PHIT America's fight against inactivity, obesity 03/11/2014
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014