Charles Schwab Cup Championship announces 2013 Volunteer of the Tournament
November 15, 2013
SAN FRANCISCO– The Charles Schwab Cup Championship, along with the Champions Tour, announced that Katrina Delen-Briones has been named the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Tournament for her loyal service to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship.
She currently serves as the office support chairman, but has also helped with tournament’s social media efforts as well as in volunteer headquarters’ preparation.
In addition to a special gift, Katrina will now become a finalist for the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year award at the conclusion of the 2013 season.
At each Champions Tour event, an individual is recognized for outstanding service and dedication above and beyond the expectation of a volunteer and that person becomes a finalist for the year-end award.
Volunteers are always present, but often unnoticed, at all PGA TOUR co-sanctioned events, with approximately 1,000 people providing their time and efforts at each Champions Tour tournament. Their selfless efforts have helped the PGA TOUR and its tournaments donate more than $1.7 billion to charity over the years, including more than $118 million last year.
A native of the The Philippines, Katrina is currently an assistant golf coach at the University of San Francisco and also serves as a coach at The First Tee of San Francisco. A standout player at San Jose State University, she lettered four years at the school and competed in the 2010 Women’s NCAA Championship. She also competed twice in the Nature Valley First Tee Open at Pebble Beach.
“Congratulations to Katrina for being named as the Champions Tour Volunteer of the Tournament,” said Mike Stevens, President of the Champions Tour. “Typical of the thousands of volunteers who devote their time and efforts throughout the year, Katrina stands out as a fine example of the people who have become part of the fabric of the Champions Tour and have helped us to realize the success we enjoy. We thank her, and recognize her for her incredible dedication to the Charles Schwab Cup Championship.”
“Katrina has donated her time and energy wherever she has been asked to for the five months leading up to the event,” said Ian Knight, tournament director. “No one has worked harder for our tournament staff than Katrina and she is very deserving of this award.”
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016