Chappell builds support for cancer program at Children's Hospital Central California
November 22, 2013
FRESNO, Calif.- PGA TOUR player Kevin Chappell will return to his native Fresno on Tuesday, Nov. 26 to host a golf clinic for Kevin Chappell’s "Champion for Children’s", the program that he launched last year in support of the oncology program at Children's Hospital Central California.
The event will take place at San Joaquin Country Club from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. Chappell will lead the golf clinic followed by a reception for those attending. Chappell also plans a visit to the hospital to greet patients and staff. Chappell’s support is a part of the “Together, Anything’s Possible” program, a PGA TOUR initiative to build a community of tournaments, players, charities, sponsors, partners, volunteers and fans who are committed to making a social investment by helping others.
“Children's Hospital Central California has been a part of my life since I was born,” said Chappell. “Being about to provide meaningful support and shine a light on Children’s while encouraging others to do the same is one of the best things about my association with the PGA. Each time we visit children in the oncology unit, we learn how far a little gift can go. A simple, good deed can go a really, really long way. I feel if I can give a little of my time and money to help children with life threatening diseases, it can, at the very least, change a person's day for the better."
As a newborn infant, Chappell was treated in the hospital’s Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. He went on to have a healthy childhood and discovered his talent and passion for golf. The Buchanan High School (Clovis, CA) graduate led the UCLA Bruins golf team to a national championship and turned professional in 2008.
Chappell visited the hospital’s oncology unit in 2011 and decided it was where he wanted to focus his resources and persuade his fans to join him in this support.
“Patients being treated for cancer at Children's Hospital Central California receive world-class care and the most up-to-date treatment possible,” said Todd Suntrapak, Children’s president and CEO. “We participate in the Children’s Oncology Group, partnering with research scientists from around the world in our efforts to understand the causes of cancer and find more effective treatments, and research done here contributes to this effort. Thanks to supporters like Kevin Chappell, our children and families have an incredible network of care and support.”
For more information on Kevin Chappell's Champion for Children's, visit Kevin's website at kevinchappell.com or go to the Children's Hospital Central California giving website at waystogive.childrenscentralcal.org.
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016
- DAP Championship makes $223,000 charitable donation to The LeBron James Family Foundation 12/13/2016