Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17
May 15, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA – The Zach Johnson Foundation is excited to announce they will be hosting their first ever Digs for Kids charity volleyball tournament for their Birdies That Care program on Friday, May 17. All proceeds from the event will benefit the 2012-2014 Birdies That Care recipient, the Community Health Free Clinic. Digs for Kids is an adult* 6-on-6 sand volleyball tournament that will be held at Volleys on Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids (*persons aged 18 or older are eligible to participate).Digs for Kids will feature live music by Lady Lowe, a raffle and Hy-Vee will be grilling food available for purchase.
“This is the first year for Digs for Kids and we are excited to try something new and different! We have been focused on golf events in the past are excited to expand our reach. This event is one place where being in the sand is a good thing,” said Craig Hotchkiss, Zach Johnson Foundation board member.
Cost to participate is $200 for a team package. Registration deadline is Friday, May 17 at 12pm.
Birdies That Care is a fundraising program created by PGA TOUR player and Cedar Rapids native Zach Johnson and his wife, Kim, along with Transamerica. Birdies That Care has raised more than $700,000 in the last seven years for community agencies serving children in need. The Community Health Free Clinic was the first recipient of Birdies That Care and were chosen again to be the 2012-2014 recipient.
Since 2002, the Clinic has provided free medical, dental and prescription services to the uninsured and under-insured in East Central Iowa. The Clinic was the first recipient for Birdies that Care in 2005 and the money raised provided children in the community with much-needed nebulizers, insulin needles, inhalers and lice treatments.
For more details about the event and to register, visit www.zachjohnsongolf.com.
- Meet Zurich Classic of New Orleans volunteer extraordinaire Kevin Block 04/28/2017
- ISPS HANDA World Cup of Golf donates $700,000 to The Handa Foundation 04/28/2017
- WATCH: Justin Thomas returns to Louisville to host junior championship 04/22/2017
- College of the Ozarks dedicates The Missouri Gold Star Families Memorial 04/22/2017
- VIDEO: Josh Broadaway sponsors storm benefit concert 04/22/2017
- Carriker's passion for golf in San Antonio shines at Valero Texas Open 04/20/2017
- Bryson DeChambeau teams with National Kidney Foundation Golf Classic 03/30/2017
- VIDEO: Brad Faxon visits Keesler Air Force Base 03/30/2017
- PGA TOUR wives golf with cancer patients in downtown Houston 03/29/2017
- MD Anderson to provide free skin cancer screenings at Shell Houston Open 03/29/2017