Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17
May 15, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA – The Zach Johnson Foundation is excited to announce they will be hosting their first ever Digs for Kids charity volleyball tournament for their Birdies That Care program on Friday, May 17. All proceeds from the event will benefit the 2012-2014 Birdies That Care recipient, the Community Health Free Clinic. Digs for Kids is an adult* 6-on-6 sand volleyball tournament that will be held at Volleys on Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids (*persons aged 18 or older are eligible to participate).Digs for Kids will feature live music by Lady Lowe, a raffle and Hy-Vee will be grilling food available for purchase.
“This is the first year for Digs for Kids and we are excited to try something new and different! We have been focused on golf events in the past are excited to expand our reach. This event is one place where being in the sand is a good thing,” said Craig Hotchkiss, Zach Johnson Foundation board member.
Cost to participate is $200 for a team package. Registration deadline is Friday, May 17 at 12pm.
Birdies That Care is a fundraising program created by PGA TOUR player and Cedar Rapids native Zach Johnson and his wife, Kim, along with Transamerica. Birdies That Care has raised more than $700,000 in the last seven years for community agencies serving children in need. The Community Health Free Clinic was the first recipient of Birdies That Care and were chosen again to be the 2012-2014 recipient.
Since 2002, the Clinic has provided free medical, dental and prescription services to the uninsured and under-insured in East Central Iowa. The Clinic was the first recipient for Birdies that Care in 2005 and the money raised provided children in the community with much-needed nebulizers, insulin needles, inhalers and lice treatments.
For more details about the event and to register, visit www.zachjohnsongolf.com.
- Fifth annual Battle of the Network Stars nets $10k for San Antonio charities 10/29/2014
- Travelers Championship announces record $1.5M raised for charity in 2014 10/27/2014
- VIDEO: Shriners patient R.J. Wren plays alongside TOUR pros in Vegas 10/27/2014
- 2014 Wells Fargo Championship distributes over $1 million to charities 10/23/2014
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR Wives take on husbands in charity wiffle ball game at The McGladrey Classic 10/22/2014
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014