Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17
May 15, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA – The Zach Johnson Foundation is excited to announce they will be hosting their first ever Digs for Kids charity volleyball tournament for their Birdies That Care program on Friday, May 17. All proceeds from the event will benefit the 2012-2014 Birdies That Care recipient, the Community Health Free Clinic. Digs for Kids is an adult* 6-on-6 sand volleyball tournament that will be held at Volleys on Blairs Ferry Road in Cedar Rapids (*persons aged 18 or older are eligible to participate).Digs for Kids will feature live music by Lady Lowe, a raffle and Hy-Vee will be grilling food available for purchase.
“This is the first year for Digs for Kids and we are excited to try something new and different! We have been focused on golf events in the past are excited to expand our reach. This event is one place where being in the sand is a good thing,” said Craig Hotchkiss, Zach Johnson Foundation board member.
Cost to participate is $200 for a team package. Registration deadline is Friday, May 17 at 12pm.
Birdies That Care is a fundraising program created by PGA TOUR player and Cedar Rapids native Zach Johnson and his wife, Kim, along with Transamerica. Birdies That Care has raised more than $700,000 in the last seven years for community agencies serving children in need. The Community Health Free Clinic was the first recipient of Birdies That Care and were chosen again to be the 2012-2014 recipient.
Since 2002, the Clinic has provided free medical, dental and prescription services to the uninsured and under-insured in East Central Iowa. The Clinic was the first recipient for Birdies that Care in 2005 and the money raised provided children in the community with much-needed nebulizers, insulin needles, inhalers and lice treatments.
For more details about the event and to register, visit www.zachjohnsongolf.com.
- Hole in W-O-N: Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013