Nancy Lopez to host free golf clinic in conjunction with Dick's Sporting Goods Open
June 13, 2013
VESTAL, NY- UHS is proud to announce that World Golf Hall of Fame member Nancy Lopez will be the featured exhibit at a special health and wellness event for women as a part of DICK’S Sporting Goods Open week. The "UHS Pearls of Wisdom with Nancy Lopez" will be held on Monday, August 12th at the Links at Hiawatha Landing.
Women from across the community will be able to join Nancy Lopez for a free golf clinic following a women’s health exhibition. The exhibitions will begin at 3PM, followed by the Nancy Lopez Clinic at 6PM. Physicians and other UHS healthcare experts will be on hand to answer women's questions about diet, exercise, mammography, preventive medicine and overall good health.
“We at UHS are very pleased that Nancy Lopez will be here in Greater Binghamton to participate in our Pearls of Wisdom event,” said Christina Boyd, Vice President UHS Community Relations. “This will be a wonderful opportunity for women to learn more about wellness while getting some great tips from a legendary pro on improving their golf games.”
All participants will be eligible for prize drawings and giveaways. All attendees will receive a DICK’S Sporting Goods gift card.
With 48 LPGA Tour victories including three major championships, the World Golf Hall of Fame Member is one of the most celebrated women in professional golf today. In 1978 she became the only LPGA Tour member to win Rookie of the Year, Player of the Year and the Vare Trophy in the same season.
Lopez actively works to promote public awareness of multiple diseases, including arthritis and cardiovascular disease, which run in her family. She remains an active contributor to the American Heart Association and is an active donor to cancer research.
Advance registration is required. Please contact 607.205.1500 or visit www.uhs.net or www.dsgopen.com for further information.
The 2013 DICK’S Sporting Goods Open will be hosted at En-Joie Golf Course in Endicott, NY August 12-18.
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- Mentoring Matters: Golfing Turns Into Life Lessons At First Tee Miami 11/16/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016
- Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide donates $1,676,500 to Nationwide Children’s Hospital 11/15/2016
- OHL Mayakoba Classic donates 100 wheelchairs in Mexico 11/12/2016
- THE PLAYERS announces $8.5 million raised for charity in 2016 11/03/2016
- John Deere Classic announces $10.5 million raised for nearly 500 charities in 2016 11/03/2016