Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial
May 23, 2013
Editor's Note: Our hearts go out to all those affected by the devastation in Oklahoma. Please visit okstrong.ok.gov for information on how you can be a part of the recovery. Together, Anything's Possible.
FORT WORTH, TX - The Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial is standing up to help families in Texas and Oklahoma affected by storms by encouraging fans and the public to donate cash directly to the American Red Cross during the tournament Thursday through Sunday in Fort Worth.
Around Colonial throughout the tournament will be Red Cross stations accepting donations which directly support Storm Relief through the American Red Cross. Fans donating will be given red ribbons to wear in support. The public does not need a tournament ticket to make a donation. At the tournament Will Call station coming into Colonial at Rogers Rd. and Colonial Parkway, just west of University Dr., the American Red Cross will accept cash donations Thursday through Sunday. A ticket or parking pass is not needed to get to Will Call.
Show Support - Wear RED on Sunday
To show consolidated support for Storm Relief and the American Red Cross, the tournament is encouraging all fans and players to wear red during Sunday’s final round of the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial. In memory of those who lost their lives in the Texas-Oklahoma storms, small flags from both states will be placed in the flower beds on the 18th hole.
Cadillac Donates Vehicle to Raise $100,000
Cadillac has donated a new ATS compact luxury sports sedan to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial to support Storm Relief. The tournament will sell 1,000 raffle tickets for the vehicle at $100 each which wlll raise $100,000 for American Red Cross and Storm Relief. The tickets will be sold during the tournament at the Cadillac Luxury Lounge and at a private tournament event at Billy Bob’s Texas Thursday night.
PGA TOUR Players Contributing
John Peterson, Justin Bolli, Casey Wittenberg, Nicholas Thompson and Stuart Appleby have all pledged to donate $100 for every birdie and $500 for every eagle they make during the four days of the tournament that will go directly to American Red Cross for Storm Relief.
Rickie Fowler, in conjunction with an initiative from one of his corporate sponsors, Crowne Plaza, plans to match the funds -- up to $100,000 -- donated by fans during this week's Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial.
Another former Oklahoma State player, Hunter Mahan, also planning to donate money not only for relief efforts in Oklahoma but also in Texas.
Charlie Beljan will donate $100 for each birdie and $1,000 for each eagle he makes this week to the Red Cross of Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex.
- Vi at Silverstone holds “Putt for Charity” to promote Charles Schwab Cup Championship 10/21/2016
- PGA TOUR announces top tournament winners in the 2016 PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 10/20/2016
- Shaw Charity Classic shatters own record for charitable giving on PGA TOUR Champions 10/20/2016
- Travelers Championship generates a record $2.8 million for charity 10/18/2016
- Golf & Health Project launches to highlight how golf can benefit all 10/13/2016
- David Hearn Foundation donates $20,000 to Alzheimer Society of Canada 10/13/2016
- CHARMED Foundation delivers $25,000 donation to Tom Pernice Jr. Charities 10/10/2016
- Drew Charter School makes positive impact on East Lake 09/27/2016
- Show Your Support 09/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave conducts warrior club fitting at TOUR Championship 09/26/2016