Brandt Snedeker's Player of the Month honor to benefit his foundation
March 13, 2013
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Brandt Snedeker has been voted the February PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution to the Brandt and Mandy Snedeker Foundation.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Snedeker outpolled Phil Mickelson, John Merrick and Matt Kuchar, earning 45 percent of the votes. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of February.
“I really want to thank all of the fans who voted for me for PGA TOUR Player of the Month,” said Snedeker. “My wife, Mandy, and I are grateful to Avis for their sponsorship of this program. We will use the money that comes with this honor to help our Foundation in Nashville.”
During the month of February, Snedeker won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and finished runner-up at the Waste Management Phoenix Open in his two starts to take over the lead in the FedExCup standings. In capturing the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Snedeker posted rounds of 64-66-65-65 for his fifth career PGA TOUR win. He was the first AT&T Pebble Beach winner since Vijay Singh (2004) to post four rounds in the 60s and his 267 total broke the tournament’s 72-hole record of 268 held by Mark O’Meara (1997) and Mickelson (2007).
“We applaud Brandt Snedeker’s dedication, focus and success during the month of February,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We congratulate Brandt on being named February’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month and are delighted to contribute $50,000 to the Brandt and Mandy Snedeker Foundation on his behalf.”
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015