Brandt Snedeker's Player of the Month honor to benefit his foundation
March 13, 2013
PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. — PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Brandt Snedeker has been voted the February PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution to the Brandt and Mandy Snedeker Foundation.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Snedeker outpolled Phil Mickelson, John Merrick and Matt Kuchar, earning 45 percent of the votes. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of February.
“I really want to thank all of the fans who voted for me for PGA TOUR Player of the Month,” said Snedeker. “My wife, Mandy, and I are grateful to Avis for their sponsorship of this program. We will use the money that comes with this honor to help our Foundation in Nashville.”
During the month of February, Snedeker won the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and finished runner-up at the Waste Management Phoenix Open in his two starts to take over the lead in the FedExCup standings. In capturing the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Snedeker posted rounds of 64-66-65-65 for his fifth career PGA TOUR win. He was the first AT&T Pebble Beach winner since Vijay Singh (2004) to post four rounds in the 60s and his 267 total broke the tournament’s 72-hole record of 268 held by Mark O’Meara (1997) and Mickelson (2007).
“We applaud Brandt Snedeker’s dedication, focus and success during the month of February,” said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, Avis Budget Group. “We congratulate Brandt on being named February’s PGA TOUR Player of the Month and are delighted to contribute $50,000 to the Brandt and Mandy Snedeker Foundation on his behalf.”
For more information or to vote for the PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis, visit www.pgatour.com.
- The Barclays honors military members and their families during week-long activities 08/30/2016
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016