Cadillac V-Series Challenge for Charity hosts golfers at Homestead Speedway
March 7, 2013
Photos: Stan Badz/PGA TOUR
DORAL, Fla.– In advance of the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship, some of the best players in the world visited Homestead-Miami speedway yesterday to participate in the second-annual Cadillac V Series Challenge for Charity. The Challenge was a three-part competition in Cadillac performance V-Series automobiles to benefit two local charities: The First Tee Miami and Driving for a Cause.
Both media and players were randomly assigned to one of the charities and earned points as they competed in three separate challenges. The events consisted of a straight-line start and stop competition, a slalom course and a lead-follow lap through a custom course set up at the track.
Sam Dangremond of “Town & Country Magazine” recorded the best score while representing The First Tee Miami, earning a $12,000 donation to the local First Tee chapter.
Of the players, South African Louis Oosthuizen recorded the best score. For finishing runner-up, the Driving for a Cause Foundation received $8,000.
Players and other notables who participated and where they ranked overall:
|8||Holly Sonders (Golf Channel)||33.6|
|12||Sybi Kuchar (Matt Kuchar’s wife)||32.9|
|30||Bo Van Pelt||31.2|
|33||Donald Trump Jr.||30.8|
“It’s a great relationship,” said last week’s PGA TOUR winner Michael Thompson, who is making his first start in a World Golf Championships event today. “Cadillac is very classy and has great style and it’s great that they can do this.”
“Having PGA TOUR players take on performance challenges in our Cadillac V Series CTS Coupes is outstanding,” said Don Butler, vice president marketing, Cadillac. “The competition revolved around agility, precision and speed, but the best part of the day was that we supported two very worthy South Florida charities.”
Players and media also had the opportunity to ride the track with Cadillac professional driver Andy Pilgrim in the Cadillac race car. “Racing and golf are two different animals,” Rickie Fowler shared after his turn on the track, “But in both, you need to be in the moment and focused and not get overwhelmed by the adrenaline."
Bo Van Pelt said after his experience, “It makes me want to buy one of those. But I don't think they would let me drag race like that in Oklahoma.”
The players are switching gears today as the Cadillac Championship kicks off at TPC Blue Monster at Trump Doral. The second World Golf Championships event of the season hosts a collection of the best golfers from across the globe in one of the strongest fields of the year. Trump Doral has been host of the PGA TOUR for more than 50 years.
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016