Aer Lingus & G-Mac Foundation partner to make dreams come true for young cardiac patients
March 13, 2013
For the second year running, Aer Lingus has partnered with 2010 U.S Open champion Graeme McDowell's charitable organization, The G-Mac Foundation, to bring young patients from Ireland and their families, to Orlando, Fla. for a trip of a lifetime. The children are all recovering cardiac patients of Our Ladies Children’s Hospital in Crumlin, Ireland.
Aer Lingus sponsored the group of 35, which included seven children and their families from all over Ireland, traveling to Orlando for a memorable vacation in the US.
Aer Lingus Director of Communications, Declan Kearney, said, “We are very proud to continue our partnership with the G-Mac foundation in providing these families with a trip of a lifetime. Graeme is a terrific role model for aspiring sports people through his activities on and off the golf course. His charity, the G-Mac Foundation, provides much needed support for kids and their families affected by illness. We are delighted to be part of it.”
Graeme McDowell, said, “The G-Mac Foundation is delighted to be able to put this trip together for all of these deserving children and their families. We hope it will be something that helps them on their path to full recovery. I’d also like to thank Aer Lingus for their continued support of this initiative. I hope the children have a great holiday and I’m looking forward to hearing their stories when I see them during the week.”
Joe Quinsey of The Children’s Medical & Research Foundation at Our Ladies Children’s Hospital said, “We all know Graeme as a world-leading golfer who has achieved the highest accolades in the game, but with this initiative to bring recovering young cardiac patients to Orlando for a dream holiday, Graeme, is truly giving those kids, and their families, an unforgettable experience that will stay with them for many years, helping ease their very long road to recovery. To those kids, and their families, GMac is more than a golfing legend, he’s their personal hero.”
The G-Mac Foundation’s mission is to support children’s medical research in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Florida, raising funds for much needed research in the area of children’s medicine. For more information, please visit graememcdowell.com.
- Molder hits the runway at Halo Animal Rescue's 'Players and Pets' event 01/28/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives Classic at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/28/2015
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015