Shaw Communications announces $1 million donation to first official charity partner of Shaw Charity Classic
June 18, 2013
“Family is at the very core of what Shaw Communications is all about,” said Brad Shaw, CEO of Shaw Communications. “Kids Cancer Care Foundation has been assisting Alberta families for over 20
years, and we’re honoured to have the opportunity to lend our support to such a worthwhile organization. We know that this donation will go a long way towards improving the lives of some very special children.”
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta helps families face childhood cancer by providing programs and funding in four areas: camp; research; hospital programs; and scholarships. Since its inception in 1991, Kids Cancer Care has sent thousands of children affected by cancer to camp thanks to the generous support of the community.
“This is a remarkable contribution, it allows us to complete our improvements at Camp Kindle to enhance the camp experience for children living with cancer,” said Christine McIver, Founder and CEO of the Kids Cancer Care Foundation. “On behalf of these amazing kids and their families, I give my heartfelt thanks to Shaw Communications for this generous donation.”
"We are grateful to Shaw Communications for making this donation on behalf of the Shaw Charity Classic," stated Clay Riddell, Tournament Chairman. “We look forward to seeing the benefits of this generous contribution to the Kids Cancer Care Foundation. This is the first of many charity announcements that will be coming out of this great community event."
The donation by Shaw Communications is the first to be announced as part of the Shaw Charity Classic, the new Champions Tour event being held at Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club in Calgary from August 26-September 1, 2013.More information regarding the Shaw Charity Classic can be found at www.shawcharityclassic.com.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014