Shaw Communications announces $1 million donation to first official charity partner of Shaw Charity Classic
June 18, 2013
“Family is at the very core of what Shaw Communications is all about,” said Brad Shaw, CEO of Shaw Communications. “Kids Cancer Care Foundation has been assisting Alberta families for over 20
years, and we’re honoured to have the opportunity to lend our support to such a worthwhile organization. We know that this donation will go a long way towards improving the lives of some very special children.”
Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta helps families face childhood cancer by providing programs and funding in four areas: camp; research; hospital programs; and scholarships. Since its inception in 1991, Kids Cancer Care has sent thousands of children affected by cancer to camp thanks to the generous support of the community.
“This is a remarkable contribution, it allows us to complete our improvements at Camp Kindle to enhance the camp experience for children living with cancer,” said Christine McIver, Founder and CEO of the Kids Cancer Care Foundation. “On behalf of these amazing kids and their families, I give my heartfelt thanks to Shaw Communications for this generous donation.”
"We are grateful to Shaw Communications for making this donation on behalf of the Shaw Charity Classic," stated Clay Riddell, Tournament Chairman. “We look forward to seeing the benefits of this generous contribution to the Kids Cancer Care Foundation. This is the first of many charity announcements that will be coming out of this great community event."
The donation by Shaw Communications is the first to be announced as part of the Shaw Charity Classic, the new Champions Tour event being held at Canyon Meadows Golf & Country Club in Calgary from August 26-September 1, 2013.More information regarding the Shaw Charity Classic can be found at www.shawcharityclassic.com.
- Molder hits the runway at Halo Animal Rescue's 'Players and Pets' event 01/28/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives Classic at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/28/2015
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015