Graham DeLaet announces support for flood relief in Canada
June 22, 2013
June 22, 2013 – Following the cancellation of the ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS due to flooding in the Calgary area, PGA TOUR Canada alumnus and former ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS champion Graham DeLaet has offered to donate $1,000 per birdie and $2,500 per eagle he makes this weekend at the PGA TOUR's Travelers Championship to Alberta flood relief efforts.
Both ATB Financial, title sponsor of the Calgary event, and PGA TOUR Canada will match DeLaet's contribution, donating the money to a charity of DeLaet's choice in the Calgary area.
"We're thrilled to see Graham reaching out to the Calgary community, and we couldn't be happier to match his contributions," said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. "Giving back to the communities we visit is at the very core of what the PGA TOUR is all about, and this is an excellent opportunity for us to help those in need in the Calgary area."
The ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS was canceled Friday after torrential rains and flooding affected communities across Southern Alberta.
DeLaet, who was born in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009 in his last season on PGA TOUR Canada before making it to the PGA TOUR. He went on to win the Order of Merit and Player of the Year honors in 2009.
- The Barclays honors military members and their families during week-long activities 08/30/2016
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016