Graham DeLaet announces support for flood relief in Canada
June 22, 2013
June 22, 2013 – Following the cancellation of the ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS due to flooding in the Calgary area, PGA TOUR Canada alumnus and former ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS champion Graham DeLaet has offered to donate $1,000 per birdie and $2,500 per eagle he makes this weekend at the PGA TOUR's Travelers Championship to Alberta flood relief efforts.
Both ATB Financial, title sponsor of the Calgary event, and PGA TOUR Canada will match DeLaet's contribution, donating the money to a charity of DeLaet's choice in the Calgary area.
"We're thrilled to see Graham reaching out to the Calgary community, and we couldn't be happier to match his contributions," said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. "Giving back to the communities we visit is at the very core of what the PGA TOUR is all about, and this is an excellent opportunity for us to help those in need in the Calgary area."
The ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS was canceled Friday after torrential rains and flooding affected communities across Southern Alberta.
DeLaet, who was born in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009 in his last season on PGA TOUR Canada before making it to the PGA TOUR. He went on to win the Order of Merit and Player of the Year honors in 2009.
- Four Purple Heart recipients awarded mortgage-free homes during the 2015 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2015
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015