Graham DeLaet announces support for flood relief in Canada
June 22, 2013
June 22, 2013 – Following the cancellation of the ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS due to flooding in the Calgary area, PGA TOUR Canada alumnus and former ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS champion Graham DeLaet has offered to donate $1,000 per birdie and $2,500 per eagle he makes this weekend at the PGA TOUR's Travelers Championship to Alberta flood relief efforts.
Both ATB Financial, title sponsor of the Calgary event, and PGA TOUR Canada will match DeLaet's contribution, donating the money to a charity of DeLaet's choice in the Calgary area.
"We're thrilled to see Graham reaching out to the Calgary community, and we couldn't be happier to match his contributions," said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. "Giving back to the communities we visit is at the very core of what the PGA TOUR is all about, and this is an excellent opportunity for us to help those in need in the Calgary area."
The ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS was canceled Friday after torrential rains and flooding affected communities across Southern Alberta.
DeLaet, who was born in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009 in his last season on PGA TOUR Canada before making it to the PGA TOUR. He went on to win the Order of Merit and Player of the Year honors in 2009.
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017
- BMW Charity Pro-Am announces 2017 philanthropic partners 01/30/2017