Graham DeLaet announces support for flood relief in Canada
June 22, 2013
June 22, 2013 – Following the cancellation of the ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS due to flooding in the Calgary area, PGA TOUR Canada alumnus and former ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS champion Graham DeLaet has offered to donate $1,000 per birdie and $2,500 per eagle he makes this weekend at the PGA TOUR's Travelers Championship to Alberta flood relief efforts.
Both ATB Financial, title sponsor of the Calgary event, and PGA TOUR Canada will match DeLaet's contribution, donating the money to a charity of DeLaet's choice in the Calgary area.
"We're thrilled to see Graham reaching out to the Calgary community, and we couldn't be happier to match his contributions," said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. "Giving back to the communities we visit is at the very core of what the PGA TOUR is all about, and this is an excellent opportunity for us to help those in need in the Calgary area."
The ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS was canceled Friday after torrential rains and flooding affected communities across Southern Alberta.
DeLaet, who was born in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009 in his last season on PGA TOUR Canada before making it to the PGA TOUR. He went on to win the Order of Merit and Player of the Year honors in 2009.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014