Graham DeLaet announces support for flood relief in Canada
June 22, 2013
June 22, 2013 – Following the cancellation of the ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS due to flooding in the Calgary area, PGA TOUR Canada alumnus and former ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS champion Graham DeLaet has offered to donate $1,000 per birdie and $2,500 per eagle he makes this weekend at the PGA TOUR's Travelers Championship to Alberta flood relief efforts.
Both ATB Financial, title sponsor of the Calgary event, and PGA TOUR Canada will match DeLaet's contribution, donating the money to a charity of DeLaet's choice in the Calgary area.
"We're thrilled to see Graham reaching out to the Calgary community, and we couldn't be happier to match his contributions," said PGA TOUR Canada President Jeff Monday. "Giving back to the communities we visit is at the very core of what the PGA TOUR is all about, and this is an excellent opportunity for us to help those in need in the Calgary area."
The ATB Financial Classic presented by TELUS was canceled Friday after torrential rains and flooding affected communities across Southern Alberta.
DeLaet, who was born in Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada, won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009 in his last season on PGA TOUR Canada before making it to the PGA TOUR. He went on to win the Order of Merit and Player of the Year honors in 2009.
- PHOTOS: Furyk wins $10K for foundation during Jacksonville Jaguars promotion 12/19/2014
- J.B. Holmes to appear in Chiari Malformation awareness comic book 12/18/2014
- WGC-Cadillac Championship names United Way of Miami-Dade as official charity 12/18/2014
- 2014 Brian Gay Invitational nets $805k for Orlando children's hospital 12/18/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship names 2015 charity recipients 12/17/2014
- Quicken Loans helps Birdies for the Brave expand access to military tickets 12/16/2014
- DICK'S Sporting Goods Open announces $1.1M raised for charity in 2014 12/15/2014
- Furyk Foundation hosts third annual 'Hope for the Holidays' 12/12/2014
- Rotary Club of Kona receives $57,500 donation from Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai 12/11/2014
- Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial announces $9M raised for charity in 2014 12/10/2014