DeLaet raises $36,000 for Alberta flood relief
June 24, 2013
With his third place finish and a total of nine birdies at $1,000 each over the weekend at the Travelers Championship, PGA TOUR player and Canadian native Graham DeLaet raised $9,000 for Alberta flood relief.
Stepping up to match Graham’s donation are PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and Saskatoon businessman David Dube. With their support the grand total of $36,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross to aid Alberta flood relief.
The ATB Financial Classic, a PGA TOUR Canada event in Calgary was canceled due to the floods that ravaged the area. DeLaet won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009.
“It breaks my heart to see the flooding images of Calgary and Southern Alberta," said DeLaet. I wanted to show my support and do what I could to help. It is also amazing to have the PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and David Dube join me in the fund raising effort. Alberta is strong and will recover.”
In addition, Graham wrote “YYC” and “For Alberta” on his golf hat as a symbol of his support and was followed during his final round by CBS which featured images from the flooding in Calgary.
DeLaet is the honorary co-chair of PGA TOUR Canada's Dakota Dunes Open in Saskatoon July 4-7 and the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament on July 11 which benefits junior golf in Saskatchewan.
- VIDEO: Jason Kokrak lends his support to homeless pets 04/01/2015
- VIDEO: Erik Compton supports National Donate Life Month 04/01/2015
- MD Anderson to educate the public on cancer prevention through new relationship with the PGA TOUR 03/31/2015
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015