DeLaet raises $36,000 for Alberta flood relief
June 24, 2013
With his third place finish and a total of nine birdies at $1,000 each over the weekend at the Travelers Championship, PGA TOUR player and Canadian native Graham DeLaet raised $9,000 for Alberta flood relief.
Stepping up to match Graham’s donation are PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and Saskatoon businessman David Dube. With their support the grand total of $36,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross to aid Alberta flood relief.
The ATB Financial Classic, a PGA TOUR Canada event in Calgary was canceled due to the floods that ravaged the area. DeLaet won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009.
“It breaks my heart to see the flooding images of Calgary and Southern Alberta," said DeLaet. I wanted to show my support and do what I could to help. It is also amazing to have the PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and David Dube join me in the fund raising effort. Alberta is strong and will recover.”
In addition, Graham wrote “YYC” and “For Alberta” on his golf hat as a symbol of his support and was followed during his final round by CBS which featured images from the flooding in Calgary.
DeLaet is the honorary co-chair of PGA TOUR Canada's Dakota Dunes Open in Saskatoon July 4-7 and the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament on July 11 which benefits junior golf in Saskatchewan.
- Zurich and St. Bernard Project use lessons learned post-Hurricane Katrina to help communities across America 04/24/2014
- Els and Compton unite in mission to make an impact 04/23/2014
- PGA TOUR players help wounded heroes enjoy a club fitting experience in New Orleans 04/23/2014
- Woods has a new tournament -- for amateurs 04/23/2014
- Zurich Classic teams with Ernie Els Foundation in support of autism 04/22/2014
- Junior golfers Drive, Chip and Putt their way through Augusta 04/21/2014
- Harris English launches birdies campaign for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 04/17/2014
- RBC challenges 10 PGA TOUR players to 'play it forward' in support of children's charities 04/17/2014
- VIDEO: 2013 Charity Of The Year - Memory Matters 04/17/2014
- RBC Heritage, Ernie Els Foundation turn golf blue in support of autism awareness 04/16/2014