DeLaet raises $36,000 for Alberta flood relief
June 24, 2013
With his third place finish and a total of nine birdies at $1,000 each over the weekend at the Travelers Championship, PGA TOUR player and Canadian native Graham DeLaet raised $9,000 for Alberta flood relief.
Stepping up to match Graham’s donation are PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and Saskatoon businessman David Dube. With their support the grand total of $36,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross to aid Alberta flood relief.
The ATB Financial Classic, a PGA TOUR Canada event in Calgary was canceled due to the floods that ravaged the area. DeLaet won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009.
“It breaks my heart to see the flooding images of Calgary and Southern Alberta," said DeLaet. I wanted to show my support and do what I could to help. It is also amazing to have the PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and David Dube join me in the fund raising effort. Alberta is strong and will recover.”
In addition, Graham wrote “YYC” and “For Alberta” on his golf hat as a symbol of his support and was followed during his final round by CBS which featured images from the flooding in Calgary.
DeLaet is the honorary co-chair of PGA TOUR Canada's Dakota Dunes Open in Saskatoon July 4-7 and the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament on July 11 which benefits junior golf in Saskatchewan.
- PHOTO: PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge at the 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/30/2016
- PHOTO: PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge at 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson 06/30/2016
- The Tiger Woods Foundation selected to receive donation from the Quicken Loans National PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 06/30/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives host Sierra School Foundation event during Barracuda Championship 06/30/2016
- PGA TOUR members’ charitable endeavors highlighted in CBS Sports special 06/29/2016
- PGA TOUR to donate $100,000 to West Virginia Flood Relief 06/28/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016