DeLaet raises $36,000 for Alberta flood relief
June 24, 2013
With his third place finish and a total of nine birdies at $1,000 each over the weekend at the Travelers Championship, PGA TOUR player and Canadian native Graham DeLaet raised $9,000 for Alberta flood relief.
Stepping up to match Graham’s donation are PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and Saskatoon businessman David Dube. With their support the grand total of $36,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross to aid Alberta flood relief.
The ATB Financial Classic, a PGA TOUR Canada event in Calgary was canceled due to the floods that ravaged the area. DeLaet won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009.
“It breaks my heart to see the flooding images of Calgary and Southern Alberta," said DeLaet. I wanted to show my support and do what I could to help. It is also amazing to have the PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and David Dube join me in the fund raising effort. Alberta is strong and will recover.”
In addition, Graham wrote “YYC” and “For Alberta” on his golf hat as a symbol of his support and was followed during his final round by CBS which featured images from the flooding in Calgary.
DeLaet is the honorary co-chair of PGA TOUR Canada's Dakota Dunes Open in Saskatoon July 4-7 and the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament on July 11 which benefits junior golf in Saskatchewan.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015