DeLaet raises $36,000 for Alberta flood relief
June 24, 2013
With his third place finish and a total of nine birdies at $1,000 each over the weekend at the Travelers Championship, PGA TOUR player and Canadian native Graham DeLaet raised $9,000 for Alberta flood relief.
Stepping up to match Graham’s donation are PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and Saskatoon businessman David Dube. With their support the grand total of $36,000 will be donated to the Canadian Red Cross to aid Alberta flood relief.
The ATB Financial Classic, a PGA TOUR Canada event in Calgary was canceled due to the floods that ravaged the area. DeLaet won the ATB Financial Classic in Calgary in 2009.
“It breaks my heart to see the flooding images of Calgary and Southern Alberta," said DeLaet. I wanted to show my support and do what I could to help. It is also amazing to have the PGA TOUR Canada, ATB Financial and David Dube join me in the fund raising effort. Alberta is strong and will recover.”
In addition, Graham wrote “YYC” and “For Alberta” on his golf hat as a symbol of his support and was followed during his final round by CBS which featured images from the flooding in Calgary.
DeLaet is the honorary co-chair of PGA TOUR Canada's Dakota Dunes Open in Saskatoon July 4-7 and the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament on July 11 which benefits junior golf in Saskatchewan.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016