The Kelly Gibson Foundation receives $10,000 donation from Zurich
July 3, 2013
NEW ORLEANS – The Fore!Kids Foundation, in partnership with Zurich Insurance Group, presented a $10,000 check to The Kelly Gibson Foundation on Tuesday, July 2. Kelly Gibson, Veteran PGA TOUR Member and Chairman of The Kelly Gibson Foundation, was honored earlier this year by Zurich Insurance Group with the 2013 CARE Award. The award was given to Gibson during the Zurich Classic at an event in which former President Bill Clinton was keynote speaker.
The CARE Award, acronym for Commitment, Actions, Resolve and Engagement is an award given by Zurich each year. Gibson received the award for his efforts working with children’s athletics in New Orleans and gulf coast area. Past recipients of the Zurich CARE award include PGA TOUR Member’s Ben Crane and US Open Champion Justin Rose.
“I’m extremely proud to receive this prestigious award from Zurich Insurance Group,” said Gibson. “Being recognized for my efforts is a testament to not only my passion for the city of New Orleans but also to all those who have helped our foundation achieve its goals. New Orleans is truly one of the most unique cities in the world and we cannot thank Zurich Insurance enough for its commitment to making our community stronger.”
The Kelly Gibson Foundation was founded as Feed the Relief, Inc. by Kelly and Elizabeth Gibson in September of 2005 with the idea of providing necessary support for front line first responders to Hurricane Katrina. In the days and weeks following the nation’s worst natural disaster. Feed the Relief provided support to the Coast Guard, EMS personnel, police and fire departments, community centers, hospitals, and residents as they returned to their homes. In 2010, Feed the Relief changed its name to The Kelly Gibson Foundation, while expanding its mission to enrich the lives of children through athletics. For more information, visit thekellygibsonfoundation.org.
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016
- DAP Championship makes $223,000 charitable donation to The LeBron James Family Foundation 12/13/2016