The Kelly Gibson Foundation receives $10,000 donation from Zurich
July 3, 2013
NEW ORLEANS – The Fore!Kids Foundation, in partnership with Zurich Insurance Group, presented a $10,000 check to The Kelly Gibson Foundation on Tuesday, July 2. Kelly Gibson, Veteran PGA TOUR Member and Chairman of The Kelly Gibson Foundation, was honored earlier this year by Zurich Insurance Group with the 2013 CARE Award. The award was given to Gibson during the Zurich Classic at an event in which former President Bill Clinton was keynote speaker.
The CARE Award, acronym for Commitment, Actions, Resolve and Engagement is an award given by Zurich each year. Gibson received the award for his efforts working with children’s athletics in New Orleans and gulf coast area. Past recipients of the Zurich CARE award include PGA TOUR Member’s Ben Crane and US Open Champion Justin Rose.
“I’m extremely proud to receive this prestigious award from Zurich Insurance Group,” said Gibson. “Being recognized for my efforts is a testament to not only my passion for the city of New Orleans but also to all those who have helped our foundation achieve its goals. New Orleans is truly one of the most unique cities in the world and we cannot thank Zurich Insurance enough for its commitment to making our community stronger.”
The Kelly Gibson Foundation was founded as Feed the Relief, Inc. by Kelly and Elizabeth Gibson in September of 2005 with the idea of providing necessary support for front line first responders to Hurricane Katrina. In the days and weeks following the nation’s worst natural disaster. Feed the Relief provided support to the Coast Guard, EMS personnel, police and fire departments, community centers, hospitals, and residents as they returned to their homes. In 2010, Feed the Relief changed its name to The Kelly Gibson Foundation, while expanding its mission to enrich the lives of children through athletics. For more information, visit thekellygibsonfoundation.org.
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014