Wyndham Championship's "Charity of Choice" campaign to donate $100,000 to fan-voted cause
July 25, 2013
PARSIPPANY, NJ-- Wyndham Worldwide, one of the world's largest hospitality companies, is giving fans an opportunity to select the finalists in its Wyndham Championship "Charity of Choice" awareness campaign.
Fans can visit Wyndham Worldwide's Facebook page or WyndhamChampionship.com, to cast their vote once, every day for their favorite charitable organization. Online voting is available now through July 31.
At the end of the voting period, the 10 organizations with the most votes will be named finalists and will be eligible for on-site voting during the Wyndham Championship tournament play, August 15-18, 2013. Contested annually on the Donald Ross-designed course at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., the Wyndham Championship is one of the oldest events on the PGA TOUR.
The charity that receives the most votes during the tournament will receive a $100,000 donation courtesy of Wishes by Wyndham, the official charity of the Wyndham Championship, after the trophy presentation on Sunday, August 18.
"At Wyndham Worldwide, we believe that you can do well by doing good. Philanthropy has always been a central focus of the Wyndham Championship, and has allowed us to support many outstanding local charitable organizations," said Mary Falvey, executive vice president and chief human resources officer, Wyndham Worldwide. "As a family-oriented company, we are not only committed to creating great experiences for our guests and customers, but also to improving the lives of children in the communities where we live, work and play."
Wyndham Worldwide's commitment to the Piedmont Triad community continues for the third consecutive year with the Wyndham Championship "Charity of Choice" awareness campaign. Through Wishes by Wyndham, the official charity of the Wyndham Championship, Wyndham Worldwide supports numerous national and Greensboro charities during the annual PGA TOUR event.
Last year, Victory Junction received the most votes and was named the "Charity of Choice" winner. In 2011, the first year of the campaign, The First Tee of the Triad won the fan vote and the $100,000 donation and quickly made a donation to each of the other top-five finishers. With a shared focus on improving the lives of young people, Wishes by Wyndham has committed $1 million over the next five years to supporting The First Tee and their programs and initiatives including their character education and Nine Healthy Habits curriculum.
A full list of participating charities is available via Wyndham Worldwide's Facebook page.
Charitable organizations participating in the 2013 "Charity of Choice" campaign must be non-profit organizations with current 501(c)3 status whose only mission is to improve the lives of children. Organizations are not eligible for this program again for five years after winning. Individuals or for-profit organizations of any kind are not eligible. Pass-through organizations whereby an organization raises money on behalf of another charitable organization may not participate. An organization with statewide or National reach must be able to designate a portion of the winning funds to Piedmont Triad programs in order to be eligible.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016