Shaw Charity Classic adds two children's charities to list of beneficiaries
July 17, 2013
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre operates with best practices in creating a centre of excellence, which responds, and treats, child abuse. The Centre ensures that children, youth, and their families have a nurturing, compassionate, child-focused environment with access to the best services and professional expertise possible.
Kidsport Calgary gives all kids the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. Kidsport provides support to children in order to remove the financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
“Our goal in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to the city was not only to provide Calgarians with the opportunity to witness an elite, family-friendly professional sporting event, but also to raise money to support children’s charities in the city and across southern Alberta,” said Clay Riddell, tournament chairman. “Adding these two amazing organizations to our group of beneficiaries is another step forward in our goal of leveraging this prestigious event to impact youth in the region. On behalf of the entire patron group, we applaud Shaw Communications for their generous contributions.”
To date, the Shaw Charity Classic has committed $1.25 million in donations to local charities.
In June, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta was selected as the first charitable partner of the Shaw Charity Classic. Earlier this month, the patron group – a philanthropic team comprised of Tournament Chairman Clay Riddell, Vice Chairman Allan Markin, as well as Keith MacPhail, Jim Riddell, Guy Turcotte and PGA TOUR professional Stephen Ames, – expedited its philanthropic efforts in advance of the tournament by donating $250,000 to the Southern Alberta Emergency Relief Fund to support helping with the rebuild following last month’s devastating floods.
Tickets for the Shaw Charity Classic are available online at shawcharityclassic.com. Youth 17 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013