Shaw Charity Classic adds two children's charities to list of beneficiaries
July 17, 2013
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre operates with best practices in creating a centre of excellence, which responds, and treats, child abuse. The Centre ensures that children, youth, and their families have a nurturing, compassionate, child-focused environment with access to the best services and professional expertise possible.
Kidsport Calgary gives all kids the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. Kidsport provides support to children in order to remove the financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
“Our goal in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to the city was not only to provide Calgarians with the opportunity to witness an elite, family-friendly professional sporting event, but also to raise money to support children’s charities in the city and across southern Alberta,” said Clay Riddell, tournament chairman. “Adding these two amazing organizations to our group of beneficiaries is another step forward in our goal of leveraging this prestigious event to impact youth in the region. On behalf of the entire patron group, we applaud Shaw Communications for their generous contributions.”
To date, the Shaw Charity Classic has committed $1.25 million in donations to local charities.
In June, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta was selected as the first charitable partner of the Shaw Charity Classic. Earlier this month, the patron group – a philanthropic team comprised of Tournament Chairman Clay Riddell, Vice Chairman Allan Markin, as well as Keith MacPhail, Jim Riddell, Guy Turcotte and PGA TOUR professional Stephen Ames, – expedited its philanthropic efforts in advance of the tournament by donating $250,000 to the Southern Alberta Emergency Relief Fund to support helping with the rebuild following last month’s devastating floods.
Tickets for the Shaw Charity Classic are available online at shawcharityclassic.com. Youth 17 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- Wyndham Championship supports local Piedmont Triad community during tournament week 08/18/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence opens its doors to students 08/17/2015