Shaw Charity Classic adds two children's charities to list of beneficiaries
July 17, 2013
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre operates with best practices in creating a centre of excellence, which responds, and treats, child abuse. The Centre ensures that children, youth, and their families have a nurturing, compassionate, child-focused environment with access to the best services and professional expertise possible.
Kidsport Calgary gives all kids the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. Kidsport provides support to children in order to remove the financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
“Our goal in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to the city was not only to provide Calgarians with the opportunity to witness an elite, family-friendly professional sporting event, but also to raise money to support children’s charities in the city and across southern Alberta,” said Clay Riddell, tournament chairman. “Adding these two amazing organizations to our group of beneficiaries is another step forward in our goal of leveraging this prestigious event to impact youth in the region. On behalf of the entire patron group, we applaud Shaw Communications for their generous contributions.”
To date, the Shaw Charity Classic has committed $1.25 million in donations to local charities.
In June, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta was selected as the first charitable partner of the Shaw Charity Classic. Earlier this month, the patron group – a philanthropic team comprised of Tournament Chairman Clay Riddell, Vice Chairman Allan Markin, as well as Keith MacPhail, Jim Riddell, Guy Turcotte and PGA TOUR professional Stephen Ames, – expedited its philanthropic efforts in advance of the tournament by donating $250,000 to the Southern Alberta Emergency Relief Fund to support helping with the rebuild following last month’s devastating floods.
Tickets for the Shaw Charity Classic are available online at shawcharityclassic.com. Youth 17 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- MD Anderson educating public and professionals at Insperity Invitational 05/03/2015
- Web.com Tour Wives support "Stuff a Caddy for Kids" during United Leasing Championship 04/30/2015
- Wells Fargo donates $1 million to The First Tee 04/27/2015
- VIDEO: Jacksonville Jaguars mascot wins THE PLAYERS 17th hole charity challenge in costume 04/16/2015
- RBC Heritage teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor Lowcountry wounded war heroes 04/15/2015
- VIDEO: Ben Crane teaches golf skills to Special Olympics athletes during RBC Heritage 04/15/2015
- Spend a day one-one-one and support charity with reigning U.S. Open champ Martin Kaymer at the 2015 Wells Fargo Championship 04/14/2015
- Ernie Els partners with BirdieBox to introduce Els for Autism Box 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Els for Autism update 04/14/2015
- VIDEO: Jordan Spieth draws inspiration from his sister Ellie 04/14/2015