Shaw Charity Classic adds two children's charities to list of beneficiaries
July 17, 2013
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre operates with best practices in creating a centre of excellence, which responds, and treats, child abuse. The Centre ensures that children, youth, and their families have a nurturing, compassionate, child-focused environment with access to the best services and professional expertise possible.
Kidsport Calgary gives all kids the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. Kidsport provides support to children in order to remove the financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
“Our goal in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to the city was not only to provide Calgarians with the opportunity to witness an elite, family-friendly professional sporting event, but also to raise money to support children’s charities in the city and across southern Alberta,” said Clay Riddell, tournament chairman. “Adding these two amazing organizations to our group of beneficiaries is another step forward in our goal of leveraging this prestigious event to impact youth in the region. On behalf of the entire patron group, we applaud Shaw Communications for their generous contributions.”
To date, the Shaw Charity Classic has committed $1.25 million in donations to local charities.
In June, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta was selected as the first charitable partner of the Shaw Charity Classic. Earlier this month, the patron group – a philanthropic team comprised of Tournament Chairman Clay Riddell, Vice Chairman Allan Markin, as well as Keith MacPhail, Jim Riddell, Guy Turcotte and PGA TOUR professional Stephen Ames, – expedited its philanthropic efforts in advance of the tournament by donating $250,000 to the Southern Alberta Emergency Relief Fund to support helping with the rebuild following last month’s devastating floods.
Tickets for the Shaw Charity Classic are available online at shawcharityclassic.com. Youth 17 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016
- Danny Lee pledges to support West Virginia recovery efforts by donating to Neighbors Loving Neighbors 07/06/2016
- EZLinks Golf LLC launches TeeOff.com by PGA TOUR online booking fundraising program to benefit Birdies for the Brave 07/02/2016