Shaw Charity Classic adds two children's charities to list of beneficiaries
July 17, 2013
The Sheldon Kennedy Child Advocacy Centre operates with best practices in creating a centre of excellence, which responds, and treats, child abuse. The Centre ensures that children, youth, and their families have a nurturing, compassionate, child-focused environment with access to the best services and professional expertise possible.
Kidsport Calgary gives all kids the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. Kidsport provides support to children in order to remove the financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
“Our goal in bringing the Shaw Charity Classic to the city was not only to provide Calgarians with the opportunity to witness an elite, family-friendly professional sporting event, but also to raise money to support children’s charities in the city and across southern Alberta,” said Clay Riddell, tournament chairman. “Adding these two amazing organizations to our group of beneficiaries is another step forward in our goal of leveraging this prestigious event to impact youth in the region. On behalf of the entire patron group, we applaud Shaw Communications for their generous contributions.”
To date, the Shaw Charity Classic has committed $1.25 million in donations to local charities.
In June, Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta was selected as the first charitable partner of the Shaw Charity Classic. Earlier this month, the patron group – a philanthropic team comprised of Tournament Chairman Clay Riddell, Vice Chairman Allan Markin, as well as Keith MacPhail, Jim Riddell, Guy Turcotte and PGA TOUR professional Stephen Ames, – expedited its philanthropic efforts in advance of the tournament by donating $250,000 to the Southern Alberta Emergency Relief Fund to support helping with the rebuild following last month’s devastating floods.
Tickets for the Shaw Charity Classic are available online at shawcharityclassic.com. Youth 17 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016