Greater Gwinnett Championship announces total proceeds for 2013 benefitting charities
July 26, 2013
GWINNETT, Ga.- The Greater Gwinnett Championship presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, an official event on the PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, announced that a total of $165,901 was raised in conjunction with the 2013 tournament.
With an overall focus on healthcare and education, the local charities and non-profit organizations supported through the 2013 tournament included Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation, Gwinnett Children’s Shelter, Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation, and Gwinnett Technical College Foundation.
“We are pleased with the amount that was raised for these truly important charitable organizations in the community in our inaugural year,” said Stan Hall, Executive Director of the Greater Gwinnett Championship. “We hope that the money raised will provide the much needed dollars to foster their core mission and organizational values.”
Proceeds came from not only the tournament itself but from several tournament-related activities such as the charity ticket sales program, silent auction, Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic that took place on Monday of tournament week, as well as in-kind donations.
The 2013 Greater Gwinnett Championship attracted some of the most recognizable names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange, Ben Crenshaw, Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson. Other notable Champions Tour professionals who played in the event included Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, John Cook, Fred Funk, Scott Simpson, Bob Tway and Hal Sutton.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016