Greater Gwinnett Championship announces total proceeds for 2013 benefitting charities
July 26, 2013
GWINNETT, Ga.- The Greater Gwinnett Championship presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, an official event on the PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, announced that a total of $165,901 was raised in conjunction with the 2013 tournament.
With an overall focus on healthcare and education, the local charities and non-profit organizations supported through the 2013 tournament included Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation, Gwinnett Children’s Shelter, Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation, and Gwinnett Technical College Foundation.
“We are pleased with the amount that was raised for these truly important charitable organizations in the community in our inaugural year,” said Stan Hall, Executive Director of the Greater Gwinnett Championship. “We hope that the money raised will provide the much needed dollars to foster their core mission and organizational values.”
Proceeds came from not only the tournament itself but from several tournament-related activities such as the charity ticket sales program, silent auction, Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic that took place on Monday of tournament week, as well as in-kind donations.
The 2013 Greater Gwinnett Championship attracted some of the most recognizable names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange, Ben Crenshaw, Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson. Other notable Champions Tour professionals who played in the event included Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, John Cook, Fred Funk, Scott Simpson, Bob Tway and Hal Sutton.
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Parker's Make-A-Wish at The Barclays 08/21/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014
- 2014 BMW Charity Pro-Am raises $836,883 for South Carolina charities 08/20/2014
- Graeme McDowell wins #RBCGolf4Kids social media campaign for charity 08/20/2014
- RBS grants scholarships to participants of The First Tee 08/20/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann gives back while at home in New Jersey for the FedExCup Playoffs 08/20/2014
- The First Tee of Metropolitan New York inspires young women to be heard 08/19/2014
- VIDEO: 2014 Ian Poulter Charity Classic 08/15/2014