Greater Gwinnett Championship announces total proceeds for 2013 benefitting charities
July 26, 2013
GWINNETT, Ga.- The Greater Gwinnett Championship presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, an official event on the PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, announced that a total of $165,901 was raised in conjunction with the 2013 tournament.
With an overall focus on healthcare and education, the local charities and non-profit organizations supported through the 2013 tournament included Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation, Gwinnett Children’s Shelter, Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation, and Gwinnett Technical College Foundation.
“We are pleased with the amount that was raised for these truly important charitable organizations in the community in our inaugural year,” said Stan Hall, Executive Director of the Greater Gwinnett Championship. “We hope that the money raised will provide the much needed dollars to foster their core mission and organizational values.”
Proceeds came from not only the tournament itself but from several tournament-related activities such as the charity ticket sales program, silent auction, Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic that took place on Monday of tournament week, as well as in-kind donations.
The 2013 Greater Gwinnett Championship attracted some of the most recognizable names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange, Ben Crenshaw, Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson. Other notable Champions Tour professionals who played in the event included Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, John Cook, Fred Funk, Scott Simpson, Bob Tway and Hal Sutton.
- Paul Casey Foundation committed to helping young people through sports 06/30/2015
- Compton's chance encounter with donor's aunt 06/25/2015
- DeLaet Foundation's 'Graham Slam' charity event set for July 9 06/24/2015
- Graham DeLaet wins $10K for charity from Travelers at The Umbrella at 15 ½ Challenge 06/24/2015
- VIDEO: Military moms treated to special baby shower at Travelers Championship 06/24/2015
- PGA TOUR players team up with RBC for online charity challenge 06/23/2015
- VIDEO: The Davis Love Foundation gives back 06/16/2015
- Wounded veterans honored by Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave during FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/11/2015
- 6-year-old boy to play 100 holes for cancer fundraiser 06/11/2015
- FedEx donates $1M to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital 06/11/2015