Greater Gwinnett Championship announces total proceeds for 2013 benefitting charities
July 26, 2013
GWINNETT, Ga.- The Greater Gwinnett Championship presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, an official event on the PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, announced that a total of $165,901 was raised in conjunction with the 2013 tournament.
With an overall focus on healthcare and education, the local charities and non-profit organizations supported through the 2013 tournament included Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation, Gwinnett Children’s Shelter, Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation, and Gwinnett Technical College Foundation.
“We are pleased with the amount that was raised for these truly important charitable organizations in the community in our inaugural year,” said Stan Hall, Executive Director of the Greater Gwinnett Championship. “We hope that the money raised will provide the much needed dollars to foster their core mission and organizational values.”
Proceeds came from not only the tournament itself but from several tournament-related activities such as the charity ticket sales program, silent auction, Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic that took place on Monday of tournament week, as well as in-kind donations.
The 2013 Greater Gwinnett Championship attracted some of the most recognizable names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange, Ben Crenshaw, Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson. Other notable Champions Tour professionals who played in the event included Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, John Cook, Fred Funk, Scott Simpson, Bob Tway and Hal Sutton.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015