Greater Gwinnett Championship announces total proceeds for 2013 benefitting charities
July 26, 2013
GWINNETT, Ga.- The Greater Gwinnett Championship presented by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating, an official event on the PGA TOUR’s Champions Tour, announced that a total of $165,901 was raised in conjunction with the 2013 tournament.
With an overall focus on healthcare and education, the local charities and non-profit organizations supported through the 2013 tournament included Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Georgia Gwinnett College Foundation, Gwinnett Children’s Shelter, Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation, and Gwinnett Technical College Foundation.
“We are pleased with the amount that was raised for these truly important charitable organizations in the community in our inaugural year,” said Stan Hall, Executive Director of the Greater Gwinnett Championship. “We hope that the money raised will provide the much needed dollars to foster their core mission and organizational values.”
Proceeds came from not only the tournament itself but from several tournament-related activities such as the charity ticket sales program, silent auction, Matt Ryan Celebrity-Am Classic that took place on Monday of tournament week, as well as in-kind donations.
The 2013 Greater Gwinnett Championship attracted some of the most recognizable names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Tom Watson, Bernhard Langer, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Curtis Strange, Ben Crenshaw, Sandy Lyle and Larry Nelson. Other notable Champions Tour professionals who played in the event included Rocco Mediate, Kenny Perry, Mark Calcavecchia, John Cook, Fred Funk, Scott Simpson, Bob Tway and Hal Sutton.
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016
- PGA TOUR is golden for couple celebrating 50th consecutive year of volunteering at The Barclays 08/05/2016
- Military Families Benefit From Travelers Championship 08/03/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016