Ryan Moore, Scott Piercy team up with Shift4 on Birdies4Shriners in 2013
January 4, 2013
LAS VEGAS— Shift4 Corporation, the world’s largest independent payment gateway, is pleased to invite public participation in another year of Birdies4Shriners, their fundraising campaign that combines giving and golf to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children.
“After the great success we saw last year – culminating with us presenting Shriners Hospitals with a check for $75,000 – we are very excited to bring this campaign back and to get the public more involved and see how great a difference we can make this year,” said Shift4 CEO Dave Oder.
Birdies4Shriners tracks the play of PGA TOUR professionals Ryan Moore and Scott Piercy, both sponsored by Shift4, and allows donors to pledge a specific amount for each shot under par they make during the season. Shift4 adds to those donations with a generous contribution of their own: $100 for each birdie, $500 for each eagle, and $1,000 for each ace.
“We’ve supported numerous charitable organizations over the last 20 years, and have always been partial to causes that help children in need,” said Shift4 COO Kathy Oder. “With our growing presence in the world of professional golf – including sponsoring two players and playing a significant role in the Shriners Hospitals for Children Open – Birdies4Shriners just felt like a logical step for us. We’re thrilled with the support it received in its inaugural year, and we look forward to doing even more this year.”
The campaign kicks off this week with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in Hawaii, which both Moore and Piercy qualified for by winning PGA events in 2012, and it continues through the end of the 2013 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open on October 20, at which point a check will be presented reflecting the full donation amount. Every dollar donated will go directly to the Shriners, with Shift4 providing the online payment processing services free of charge.
Those interested in participating in Birdies4Shriners to support the Shriners Hospitals for Children can find the donation page through links on www.shift4.com/Birdies4Shriners or www.shrinershospitalsopen.com.
“We’re grateful for the continued support of Shift4 and the Oder family both through their sponsorship of our Public Safety Appreciation Station and through the Birdies4Shriners campaign,” said Shriners Hospitals for Children Open Tournament Director Adam Sperling. “With both Scott and Ryan primed for great seasons, Birdies4Shriners is sure to be a huge success this year.”
- Interfaith of The Woodlands named PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/21/2017
- Jacobsen honored with GWAA's Charlie Bartlett award 02/17/2017
- 2016 RSM Classic raises more than $2.2 million for charity 02/17/2017
- Sebastian Velona inspires with 'healing hugs' at the Genesis Open 02/16/2017
- Meet the 2017 Farmers Insurance Open winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/15/2017
- Waste Management Phoenix Open 'Green Out' raises $100K for nonprofit environmental organizations 02/07/2017
- Patrick Reed AJGA Junior Championship honored with three awards 02/06/2017
- Marc and Audrey Leishman committed to raising sepsis awareness 02/06/2017
- Jimmy Walker Challenge earns AJGA's 2016 Newcomer Award 02/03/2017
- CDW launches “Tech Fore!” charitable giving program 02/02/2017