Fowler, Hoffman to host free youth clinic in conjunction with Farmers Insurance Open
January 17, 2013
SAN DIEGO, CA- Farmers Insurance, the Century Club and the City of San Diego have joined together to host a youth golf clinic on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 4:00pm. Two of Southern California’s biggest PGA TOUR stars, Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, will lead the clinic at Mission Bay Golf Course from 4:00-5:00 pm.
The event is open to the public and will feature a golf demonstration for kids of all ages. Farmers Insurance and the Century Club will be providing gifts to the first 500 kids who attend the event.
“Like Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, Farmers Insurance is a big believer in being smart and making wise decisions. Having these two PGA TOUR stars share their knowledge and experience about being winners – both on and off the golf course – will leave a lasting impression on the young people participating in today’s event,” said Mhayse Samalya, Head of Distribution for Farmers Insurance.
“Also, as a precursor to the upcoming Farmers Insurance Open, set to begin on January 24, this youth golf clinic provides a clear demonstration of our commitment to giving back to the communities we are proud to serve,” Samalya added.
PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman were both born in the San Diego area and are passionate about junior golf. Rickie Fowler grew up playing golf in Southern California and is almost entirely self-taught. Fowler starred at Murrieta Valley High School before playing college golf at Oklahoma State. He joined the PGA TOUR in 2010 where he earned Rookie of the Year honors. Fowler is now one of the hottest players on TOUR after his head-to-head victory over Rory McIlroy at the Wells Fargo Championship. Hoffman was a member of The San Diego Junior Golf Association (SDJGA) and played on the Poway High School golf team, just outside of San Diego. Hoffman qualified three times as an amateur for the Farmers Insurance Open before joining the PGA TOUR where he has won twice in his career.
Farmers is a proud supporter of the PGA TOUR and the Century Club of San Diego which each year donates to nearly 100 youth and education oriented organizations. The 2012 Farmers Insurance Open generated more than $2 million to deserving organizations, several of which were in attendance at last year’s clinic. These organizations included Pro Kids Golf Academy and Learning Center, The San Diego Junior Golf Association and Boys and Girls Clubs.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015