Fowler, Hoffman to host free youth clinic in conjunction with Farmers Insurance Open
January 17, 2013
SAN DIEGO, CA- Farmers Insurance, the Century Club and the City of San Diego have joined together to host a youth golf clinic on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 4:00pm. Two of Southern California’s biggest PGA TOUR stars, Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, will lead the clinic at Mission Bay Golf Course from 4:00-5:00 pm.
The event is open to the public and will feature a golf demonstration for kids of all ages. Farmers Insurance and the Century Club will be providing gifts to the first 500 kids who attend the event.
“Like Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, Farmers Insurance is a big believer in being smart and making wise decisions. Having these two PGA TOUR stars share their knowledge and experience about being winners – both on and off the golf course – will leave a lasting impression on the young people participating in today’s event,” said Mhayse Samalya, Head of Distribution for Farmers Insurance.
“Also, as a precursor to the upcoming Farmers Insurance Open, set to begin on January 24, this youth golf clinic provides a clear demonstration of our commitment to giving back to the communities we are proud to serve,” Samalya added.
PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman were both born in the San Diego area and are passionate about junior golf. Rickie Fowler grew up playing golf in Southern California and is almost entirely self-taught. Fowler starred at Murrieta Valley High School before playing college golf at Oklahoma State. He joined the PGA TOUR in 2010 where he earned Rookie of the Year honors. Fowler is now one of the hottest players on TOUR after his head-to-head victory over Rory McIlroy at the Wells Fargo Championship. Hoffman was a member of The San Diego Junior Golf Association (SDJGA) and played on the Poway High School golf team, just outside of San Diego. Hoffman qualified three times as an amateur for the Farmers Insurance Open before joining the PGA TOUR where he has won twice in his career.
Farmers is a proud supporter of the PGA TOUR and the Century Club of San Diego which each year donates to nearly 100 youth and education oriented organizations. The 2012 Farmers Insurance Open generated more than $2 million to deserving organizations, several of which were in attendance at last year’s clinic. These organizations included Pro Kids Golf Academy and Learning Center, The San Diego Junior Golf Association and Boys and Girls Clubs.
- THE PLAYERS announces Toby Keith for Military Appreciation Day 02/12/2016
- Two by Two Rescue named 2015 PGA TOUR Champions Charity of the Year 02/12/2016
- Chubb Classic, Waste Management donate up to $5K to Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs 02/11/2016
- Travelers Championship names ALS Clinic at Hospital for Special Care in New Britain primary beneficiary in 2016 02/11/2016
- 2016 Gary Player Invitational scores an ace for local charity in Abu Dhabi 02/11/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016