Fowler, Hoffman to host free youth clinic in conjunction with Farmers Insurance Open
January 17, 2013
SAN DIEGO, CA- Farmers Insurance, the Century Club and the City of San Diego have joined together to host a youth golf clinic on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013 at 4:00pm. Two of Southern California’s biggest PGA TOUR stars, Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, will lead the clinic at Mission Bay Golf Course from 4:00-5:00 pm.
The event is open to the public and will feature a golf demonstration for kids of all ages. Farmers Insurance and the Century Club will be providing gifts to the first 500 kids who attend the event.
“Like Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman, Farmers Insurance is a big believer in being smart and making wise decisions. Having these two PGA TOUR stars share their knowledge and experience about being winners – both on and off the golf course – will leave a lasting impression on the young people participating in today’s event,” said Mhayse Samalya, Head of Distribution for Farmers Insurance.
“Also, as a precursor to the upcoming Farmers Insurance Open, set to begin on January 24, this youth golf clinic provides a clear demonstration of our commitment to giving back to the communities we are proud to serve,” Samalya added.
PGA TOUR players Rickie Fowler and Charley Hoffman were both born in the San Diego area and are passionate about junior golf. Rickie Fowler grew up playing golf in Southern California and is almost entirely self-taught. Fowler starred at Murrieta Valley High School before playing college golf at Oklahoma State. He joined the PGA TOUR in 2010 where he earned Rookie of the Year honors. Fowler is now one of the hottest players on TOUR after his head-to-head victory over Rory McIlroy at the Wells Fargo Championship. Hoffman was a member of The San Diego Junior Golf Association (SDJGA) and played on the Poway High School golf team, just outside of San Diego. Hoffman qualified three times as an amateur for the Farmers Insurance Open before joining the PGA TOUR where he has won twice in his career.
Farmers is a proud supporter of the PGA TOUR and the Century Club of San Diego which each year donates to nearly 100 youth and education oriented organizations. The 2012 Farmers Insurance Open generated more than $2 million to deserving organizations, several of which were in attendance at last year’s clinic. These organizations included Pro Kids Golf Academy and Learning Center, The San Diego Junior Golf Association and Boys and Girls Clubs.
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013
- Caddies take aim at TPC Sawgrass to honor one of their own 05/08/2013
- PGA TOUR players trade clubs for caddie bibs at TOUR Wives Golf Classic 05/07/2013
- Pairings for TOUR Wives Golf Classic released 05/06/2013