PGA TOUR Wives launch "Beyond the Fairways and Greens"
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla.– In honor of the 25th anniversary of the PGA TOUR Wives Association (PTWA), which was created in 1988 to support charities in communities visited on TOUR, the organization is proud to unveil a commemorative book entitled, “Beyond the Fairways and Greens: A Look Inside The Lives of PGA TOUR Families.” Published by Butler Books, the 384-page, hardbound book was compiled by members of the PTWA, and it offers readers a rare glimpse into the lives of PGA TOUR families, both on and off the course, as captured through heartwarming stories and family photographs.
“‘Beyond the Fairways and Greens’ has exceeded all my expectations,” said PTWA President Amy Wilson. “I know the rest of the wives feel the same way. This has truly been a labor of love for all of us, collecting the incredible stories and photos and memories from generations of PGA TOUR families. We’re so proud of the book and the special way that it conveys a behind-the-scenes glimpse into our lives.”
“Beyond the Fairways and Greens” is available for pre-order via www.pgatourwives.org and www.butlerbooks.com and will go on sale in bookstores on February 12. The book retails for $50, with net proceeds benefiting PTWA-designated charities, such as Blessings in a Backpack. Throughout its 25-year history, the PTWA has raised more than $5 million and engaged in hundreds of charitable projects that have impacted the lives of thousands of children and families in need.
“This book tells the story of what the players and wives are like off the golf course,” said Wilson. “It is a tribute to the charitable organizations we have been blessed to work with and the individuals who make a difference every day in the lives of children.
“Charity is at the heart of everything we do. So it’s even more rewarding to know that each book plucked from a bookstore shelf will further help the many children’s charities we work with across the country. It makes all the hard work worthwhile, and we hope readers enjoy ‘Beyond the Fairways and Greens’ as much as we enjoyed creating it.”
“Beyond the Fairways and Greens” also features 134 treasured recipes submitted by the families of generations of professional golfers, like Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, Phil Mickelson, Jim Furyk, Luke Donald, Zach Johnson, Justin Rose, Rickie Fowler and many others. PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem, renowned chefs Emeril Lagasse and Paula Dean, actor Clint Eastwood and his wife Dina, and Jim Nantz wrote messages of support that are featured in the book as well.
“Since its inception, I have witnessed firsthand the power of the PGA TOUR Wives Association,” said Nantz in his foreword. “They continue to make a positive impact in the communities they visit throughout the year. This book is an insight into the families behind these remarkable women and a sample of the charities they have forever changed over the last 25 years.”
- Deutsche Bank Championship hosts sixth annual 'Healthy Packs' event 08/28/2014
- Morgan Hoffmann walks his way to top-10 finish, raises additional $7.5K for charity 08/28/2014
- The First Tee of Massachusetts expands with help of matching grant 08/28/2014
- Justin Leonard finds a charity to come first before golf 08/28/2014
- Team International wins 2014 Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge 08/28/2014
- Third annual Keegan Bradley Charity Classic benefits cancer, opiate addiction research 08/26/2014
- The Principal Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for charity in 2014 08/26/2014
- PGA TOUR Wives host murder mystery event benefitting New Jersey children in need 08/22/2014
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield teams with Morgan Hoffmann on The Barclays walking challenge 08/21/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship distributes over $170,000 to local charities 08/21/2014