Encompass Championship Charities to make positive impact in Chicago area
February 25, 2013
GLENVIEW, Ill. – Tournament officials announced today more exciting news as the Encompass Championship presented by CareerBuilder prepares to bring a world-class Champions Tour event to the Chicago area, June 17-23, 2013.
In its bid to give back to the local community, Encompass Insurance has created Encompass Championship Charities (ECC) as the tournament host organization and charitable arm of the event to be held at North Shore Country Club in Glenview, IL.
The acting board of ECC has designated Bears Care and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation as the tournament’s two primary beneficiaries.
“A big reason we decided to partner with the Champions Tour was our passion to help greater Chicagoland’s neediest, said Tom Ealy, Encompass President and Chairman of Encompass Championship Charities. “ Bears Care’s focus on helping underprivileged school age children, and McCormick’s emphasis on Illinois veterans, are both perfect matches for the types of missions we want to serve. The two organizations do some remarkable things for our community.”
The tournament’s total charitable contributions will be announced shortly after the Encompass Championship has been completed in June.
The Encompass Championship will feature a Pro-Am format where Champions Tour professionals partner with amateurs and celebrities on Friday and Saturday for an event-within-the-event competition. The 81 Champions Tour professionals will also compete in a traditional 54-hole, stroke-play format for the individual title and prize money. Prior to the official competition, a Wednesday and Thursday Pro-Am will also be conducted. The tournament will attract some of the most recognized names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Ben Crenshaw, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Bernhard Langer, Nick Price and Tom Watson. Jeff Sluman and Chip Beck, who both live in the Chicago area, are also expected to compete along with Fred Couples, John Cook, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Kenny Perry and recent rookie-winner Rocco Mediate.
For more information on the tournament, please visit Encompasschampionship.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015