Encompass Championship Charities to make positive impact in Chicago area
February 25, 2013
GLENVIEW, Ill. – Tournament officials announced today more exciting news as the Encompass Championship presented by CareerBuilder prepares to bring a world-class Champions Tour event to the Chicago area, June 17-23, 2013.
In its bid to give back to the local community, Encompass Insurance has created Encompass Championship Charities (ECC) as the tournament host organization and charitable arm of the event to be held at North Shore Country Club in Glenview, IL.
The acting board of ECC has designated Bears Care and the Robert R. McCormick Foundation as the tournament’s two primary beneficiaries.
“A big reason we decided to partner with the Champions Tour was our passion to help greater Chicagoland’s neediest, said Tom Ealy, Encompass President and Chairman of Encompass Championship Charities. “ Bears Care’s focus on helping underprivileged school age children, and McCormick’s emphasis on Illinois veterans, are both perfect matches for the types of missions we want to serve. The two organizations do some remarkable things for our community.”
The tournament’s total charitable contributions will be announced shortly after the Encompass Championship has been completed in June.
The Encompass Championship will feature a Pro-Am format where Champions Tour professionals partner with amateurs and celebrities on Friday and Saturday for an event-within-the-event competition. The 81 Champions Tour professionals will also compete in a traditional 54-hole, stroke-play format for the individual title and prize money. Prior to the official competition, a Wednesday and Thursday Pro-Am will also be conducted. The tournament will attract some of the most recognized names in golf, including World Golf Hall of Fame members Ben Crenshaw, Hale Irwin, Tom Kite, Bernhard Langer, Nick Price and Tom Watson. Jeff Sluman and Chip Beck, who both live in the Chicago area, are also expected to compete along with Fred Couples, John Cook, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, Tom Lehman, Corey Pavin, Kenny Perry and recent rookie-winner Rocco Mediate.
For more information on the tournament, please visit Encompasschampionship.com.
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015