Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving
December 2, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.- 2013 marked the 24th anniversary of the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper. As a result of efforts made by generous sponsors, countless volunteers, community supporters and staff, the John Q. Hammons Foundation distributed monetary gifts to 48 children’s charities in the Ozarks, totaling a cash amount of $819,079.32. The charity distribution took place today during the annual Celebration of Sharing presented by The McQueary Family, at Highland Springs Country Club. Since the tournament’s inception in 1990, the tournament has given away $ 10,903,901 to area children’s charities.
The Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper (PCCC) is one of the founding events on the PGA TOUR's Web.com Tour. The event is played at Highland Springs Country Club in Springfield, and is the parent to a myriad of related events hosted throughout the Ozarks.
In commenting on the continuing success of the event, "Congratulations to the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr. Pepper for an outstanding effort on behalf of so many organizations in the Ozarks and throughout Missouri," said PGA TOUR commissioner Tim Finchem. "The tournament certainly stands out in its mission of giving back."
Added Web.com Tour president Bill Calfee “After exceeding the $10 million mark in collective tournament proceeds last year, the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper is off and running toward its next $10 million. The efforts of all the people involved with the Championship, led by Jerald Andrews, are truly impressive."
Other tournament news announced during the Celebration of Sharing included:
- The dates for the 2014 event were announced. Tournament activities will be held from August 1st – August 11th with the actual tournament being contested August 7th -10th at Highland Springs Country Club.
- A special emphasis will be placed on the 2014 tournament as it marks our 25th Anniversary. Silver will abound at the event as we celebrate this milestone - silver Corvette, silver Mustang, silver trophies and more.
- A theme for the 2014 event will be “Make it a Million”. Our goal for charity giving as we close out our 25th year will be to distribute ONE MILLION DOLLARS to area children’s charities. Tournament staff and management are ramping up efforts to make this dream a reality.
- Denny Peterson was awarded the Judy Weekley Volunteer of the Year Award, an award that is presented each year to a volunteer that exceeds all expectations and goes above and beyond what is asked of them. Denny has been affiliated with the tournament for 21 years. He currently serves as a marshal captain and in the past has handled the inside operations for transportation.
- Travelers Championship names ALS Clinic at Hospital for Special Care in New Britain primary beneficiary in 2016 02/11/2016
- 2016 Gary Player Invitational scores an ace for local charity in Abu Dhabi 02/11/2016
- Chubb Classic, Waste Management donate up to $5K to Guardian Angels Medical Service Dogs 02/11/2016
- G-Mac Foundation 'Best of Ireland' event announces $2.7M raised for pediatric hospital in Ireland 02/10/2016
- PGA TOUR supports GCSAA implementation of best management practices with $250,000 grant 02/10/2016
- Birdies for the Brave, Callaway Golf honor wounded heroes during AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am 02/10/2016
- VIDEO: Reno-Tahoe Open Foundation awards $50,000 to local charities 02/09/2016
- PHOTOS: Charity Tuesday at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 02/03/2016
- Farmers Insurance Open volunteer Ed Luce of San Marco wins PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 02/02/2016
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for "Game Show Night" 02/02/2016