Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving
December 2, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.- 2013 marked the 24th anniversary of the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper. As a result of efforts made by generous sponsors, countless volunteers, community supporters and staff, the John Q. Hammons Foundation distributed monetary gifts to 48 children’s charities in the Ozarks, totaling a cash amount of $819,079.32. The charity distribution took place today during the annual Celebration of Sharing presented by The McQueary Family, at Highland Springs Country Club. Since the tournament’s inception in 1990, the tournament has given away $ 10,903,901 to area children’s charities.
The Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper (PCCC) is one of the founding events on the PGA TOUR's Web.com Tour. The event is played at Highland Springs Country Club in Springfield, and is the parent to a myriad of related events hosted throughout the Ozarks.
In commenting on the continuing success of the event, "Congratulations to the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr. Pepper for an outstanding effort on behalf of so many organizations in the Ozarks and throughout Missouri," said PGA TOUR commissioner Tim Finchem. "The tournament certainly stands out in its mission of giving back."
Added Web.com Tour president Bill Calfee “After exceeding the $10 million mark in collective tournament proceeds last year, the Price Cutter Charity Championship presented by Dr Pepper is off and running toward its next $10 million. The efforts of all the people involved with the Championship, led by Jerald Andrews, are truly impressive."
Other tournament news announced during the Celebration of Sharing included:
- The dates for the 2014 event were announced. Tournament activities will be held from August 1st – August 11th with the actual tournament being contested August 7th -10th at Highland Springs Country Club.
- A special emphasis will be placed on the 2014 tournament as it marks our 25th Anniversary. Silver will abound at the event as we celebrate this milestone - silver Corvette, silver Mustang, silver trophies and more.
- A theme for the 2014 event will be “Make it a Million”. Our goal for charity giving as we close out our 25th year will be to distribute ONE MILLION DOLLARS to area children’s charities. Tournament staff and management are ramping up efforts to make this dream a reality.
- Denny Peterson was awarded the Judy Weekley Volunteer of the Year Award, an award that is presented each year to a volunteer that exceeds all expectations and goes above and beyond what is asked of them. Denny has been affiliated with the tournament for 21 years. He currently serves as a marshal captain and in the past has handled the inside operations for transportation.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016