Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation
December 10, 2013
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Tournament officials announced today that the seventh annual Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship, held September 9-15, 2013 at The Ohio State University Golf Club - Scarlet Course, raised a total of $874,169 for charitable organizations, including $750,000 for pediatric cancer research and treatment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. The total marks the largest single-season charitable donation raised by the tournament for the hospital in the seven-year history of the new Web.com Tour event. Over the past seven years the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship has donated a total of $3,475,000 in support of the hospital’s pediatric cancer program.
“A new era for the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship began this past September as the tournament was conducted as the third of four events in the Web.com Tour’s inaugural Finals format,” said Matthew Jauchius, the tournament’s chairman and chief marketing officer for Nationwide Insurance. “We had a vision for what this tournament could become as a Finals event and it is our great pleasure to realize that vision and to be in position to provide this support for pediatric cancer research and treatment at Nationwide Children’s Hospital. We thank our corporate sponsors, whose support is vital to our success. We also thank golf fans in central Ohio who continue to support the tournament each year. We look forward to more opportunities in the future to build on our successes and support the critical mission of the pediatric cancer program at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.”
“We congratulate the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship on an outstanding Finals event and are extremely thankful for this generous gift,” said Steve Allen, MD, chief executive officer of Nationwide Children’s Hospital. “The tournament’s support of our pediatric cancer program over the past seven years has changed lives and will continue to do so for years to come. The tournament’s new format provides an enhanced platform to positively impact the care and treatment of thousands of patients and their families every day, by not only continuing to generate funds, but also by increasing national exposure for our hospital.”
In addition, the 2013 Charity Ticket Program generated $106,330 in ticket sales. The program, now finishing its sixth year, provides qualifying non-profit entities with 100 percent of the revenue from all tickets sales generated by, or designated for, their organization.
The 2014 Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship will be held September 8 – 14 at The Ohio State University Golf Club – Scarlet Course and once again be the third of four stops in the Web.com Tour Finals.
For questions concerning ticket prices and availability, how to become a volunteer, and general Tournament information, please call (614) 764-GOLF or visit www.ncc-golf.com.
- DeChambeau hosts junior clinic in advance of RBC Canadian Open at Glen Abbey 07/20/2016
- Getting to know one another keeps the world - and us - going around 07/20/2016
- VIDEO: Military homecoming at the Bridgestone Invitational 07/15/2016
- Danny Lee's birdie campaign nets $30,000 for West Virginia flood relief 07/14/2016
- Web.com Tour’s Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae to feature Habitat for Humanity playhouse build 07/13/2016
- United Rentals teams with Birdies for the Brave to honor and empower military families during PGA TOUR tournaments in 2016 07/13/2016
- Honda Classic distributes over $3 million to charities in 2016 07/12/2016
- Help military families by playing in the World’s Largest Golf Outing 07/12/2016
- Meet Ashok Babu Kolla, 2016 Bridgestone Invitational winner of the PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 07/12/2016
- PGA TOUR players band together in support of Chalmer's autism foundation 07/06/2016