Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity
December 4, 2013
BILOXI, Miss. - The 2013 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation has donated $125,000 to the tournament’s benefiting charity, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This year’s tournament donation brings the total benefiting tournament proceeds to nearly $350,000 since its inception in 2010.
“We are very grateful to our 200-plus sponsors, the 81 Champions Tour players who participated in this year’s tournament, and the 800-plus volunteers who helped make it all possible. Thanks to everyone’s support, The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Presented by C Spire will continue to help local charities throughout the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast,” said Roy Anderson III, chairman, board of directors, MGRC Foundation.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, MRGC which has generated a cumulative total of $55 million for the regional economy and a grand total of over $750,000 in assistance for local non-profit community charities including the annual Birdies for Charity program.
This year marked the fourth year of tournament play at the legendary Fallen Oak. “The elements for success in our Mississippi Gulf Coast community are in place with a tremendous test of golf at Fallen Oak, gracious tournament sponsors, committed volunteers and amazing fans. We look forward to continuing with our mission of promoting the Mississippi Gulf Coast through a live television production on the Golf Channel,” said Roy Anderson III.
The dates for next spring’s tournament at Fallen Oak will be March 17 – 23, 2014. To volunteer for the tournament and to receive general information, please visit 2014mgrc.com.
- Els for Autism Golf Challenge raises close to $12 million in five years 11/24/2015
- Callaway honors Georgia heroes at RSM Classic 11/24/2015
- Charitable impact of $2,316,623 generated by 2015 Shell Houston Open 11/13/2015
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 11/12/2015
- WATCH: Bass Pro Shops Legends of Golf, College of Ozarks team up to honor veterans 11/11/2015
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $8.1 million generated for local charities from 2015 tournament 11/11/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives host arts and crafts event at Batson Children’s Hospital 11/09/2015
- Meet the 2015 Shriners Hospitals for Children Open National Patient Ambassadors 11/04/2015
- Jim Furyk helps kick off THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month with Dreams Come True 11/02/2015
- 2015 John Deere Classic smashes charity record 11/01/2015