Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity
December 4, 2013
BILOXI, Miss. - The 2013 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation has donated $125,000 to the tournament’s benefiting charity, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This year’s tournament donation brings the total benefiting tournament proceeds to nearly $350,000 since its inception in 2010.
“We are very grateful to our 200-plus sponsors, the 81 Champions Tour players who participated in this year’s tournament, and the 800-plus volunteers who helped make it all possible. Thanks to everyone’s support, The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Presented by C Spire will continue to help local charities throughout the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast,” said Roy Anderson III, chairman, board of directors, MGRC Foundation.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, MRGC which has generated a cumulative total of $55 million for the regional economy and a grand total of over $750,000 in assistance for local non-profit community charities including the annual Birdies for Charity program.
This year marked the fourth year of tournament play at the legendary Fallen Oak. “The elements for success in our Mississippi Gulf Coast community are in place with a tremendous test of golf at Fallen Oak, gracious tournament sponsors, committed volunteers and amazing fans. We look forward to continuing with our mission of promoting the Mississippi Gulf Coast through a live television production on the Golf Channel,” said Roy Anderson III.
The dates for next spring’s tournament at Fallen Oak will be March 17 – 23, 2014. To volunteer for the tournament and to receive general information, please visit 2014mgrc.com.
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016