Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity
December 4, 2013
BILOXI, Miss. - The 2013 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation has donated $125,000 to the tournament’s benefiting charity, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This year’s tournament donation brings the total benefiting tournament proceeds to nearly $350,000 since its inception in 2010.
“We are very grateful to our 200-plus sponsors, the 81 Champions Tour players who participated in this year’s tournament, and the 800-plus volunteers who helped make it all possible. Thanks to everyone’s support, The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Presented by C Spire will continue to help local charities throughout the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast,” said Roy Anderson III, chairman, board of directors, MGRC Foundation.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, MRGC which has generated a cumulative total of $55 million for the regional economy and a grand total of over $750,000 in assistance for local non-profit community charities including the annual Birdies for Charity program.
This year marked the fourth year of tournament play at the legendary Fallen Oak. “The elements for success in our Mississippi Gulf Coast community are in place with a tremendous test of golf at Fallen Oak, gracious tournament sponsors, committed volunteers and amazing fans. We look forward to continuing with our mission of promoting the Mississippi Gulf Coast through a live television production on the Golf Channel,” said Roy Anderson III.
The dates for next spring’s tournament at Fallen Oak will be March 17 – 23, 2014. To volunteer for the tournament and to receive general information, please visit 2014mgrc.com.
- PHOTOS: Chile Classic's DEBRA Foundation dinner 03/07/2014
- Greater Gwinnett Championship to provide free military admission 03/07/2014
- Seventh annual Stater Bros. Charities Dave Stockton Heroes Challenge tees off March 10 03/07/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee arrives in Chile 03/05/2014
- Young brain cancer survivor treated to a special day at the WGC-Cadillac Championship 03/05/2014
- The Jake raises record $2.2 million to support the Nicklaus Children’s Health Care Foundation 03/05/2014
- Barkley, Bean, Bryant and Friends Celebrity Skins Game raises over $150,000 for The First Tee 03/04/2014
- The Presidents Cup announces record charitable amount of $5 million-plus 03/04/2014
- VIDEO: McIlroy to auction Bose bags for charity 03/01/2014
- VIDEO: Rory McIlroy visits a children's cancer center in Northern Ireland 02/27/2014