Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity
December 4, 2013
BILOXI, Miss. - The 2013 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation has donated $125,000 to the tournament’s benefiting charity, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This year’s tournament donation brings the total benefiting tournament proceeds to nearly $350,000 since its inception in 2010.
“We are very grateful to our 200-plus sponsors, the 81 Champions Tour players who participated in this year’s tournament, and the 800-plus volunteers who helped make it all possible. Thanks to everyone’s support, The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Presented by C Spire will continue to help local charities throughout the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast,” said Roy Anderson III, chairman, board of directors, MGRC Foundation.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, MRGC which has generated a cumulative total of $55 million for the regional economy and a grand total of over $750,000 in assistance for local non-profit community charities including the annual Birdies for Charity program.
This year marked the fourth year of tournament play at the legendary Fallen Oak. “The elements for success in our Mississippi Gulf Coast community are in place with a tremendous test of golf at Fallen Oak, gracious tournament sponsors, committed volunteers and amazing fans. We look forward to continuing with our mission of promoting the Mississippi Gulf Coast through a live television production on the Golf Channel,” said Roy Anderson III.
The dates for next spring’s tournament at Fallen Oak will be March 17 – 23, 2014. To volunteer for the tournament and to receive general information, please visit 2014mgrc.com.
- On the heels of war, a healing opportunity during The Barclays 09/02/2015
- VIDEO: Keegan Bradley hosts fourth annual charity tournament in Vermont 09/02/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015