Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity
December 4, 2013
BILOXI, Miss. - The 2013 Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Foundation has donated $125,000 to the tournament’s benefiting charity, Habitat for Humanity of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. This year’s tournament donation brings the total benefiting tournament proceeds to nearly $350,000 since its inception in 2010.
“We are very grateful to our 200-plus sponsors, the 81 Champions Tour players who participated in this year’s tournament, and the 800-plus volunteers who helped make it all possible. Thanks to everyone’s support, The Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic Presented by C Spire will continue to help local charities throughout the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast,” said Roy Anderson III, chairman, board of directors, MGRC Foundation.
In addition to the tournament proceeds, MRGC which has generated a cumulative total of $55 million for the regional economy and a grand total of over $750,000 in assistance for local non-profit community charities including the annual Birdies for Charity program.
This year marked the fourth year of tournament play at the legendary Fallen Oak. “The elements for success in our Mississippi Gulf Coast community are in place with a tremendous test of golf at Fallen Oak, gracious tournament sponsors, committed volunteers and amazing fans. We look forward to continuing with our mission of promoting the Mississippi Gulf Coast through a live television production on the Golf Channel,” said Roy Anderson III.
The dates for next spring’s tournament at Fallen Oak will be March 17 – 23, 2014. To volunteer for the tournament and to receive general information, please visit 2014mgrc.com.
- 2014 Wells Fargo Championship distributes over $1 million to charities 10/23/2014
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR Wives take on husbands in charity wiffle ball game at The McGladrey Classic 10/22/2014
- THE PLAYERS Championship announces record $7.5 million generated for charity in 2014 10/16/2014
- Shriners Hospitals for Children to bring 'hospital experience' to TPC Summerlin 10/13/2014
- J.B. Holmes, Komen of Louisville raise over $200k for breast cancer fight 10/10/2014
- Kate and Justin Rose Foundation event raises over $400k for central Florida youth 10/10/2014
- Compton inspires during Frys.com Open junior clinic 10/09/2014
- Rory McIlroy opens pediatric cancer center in Northern Ireland 10/08/2014
- VIDEO: Bubba Watson visits corn maze carved in his honor 10/06/2014
- VIDEO: Erik Compton receives the Buoniconti 'Inspiration Award' 10/01/2014