Wyndham Championship's "Charity of Choice" finalists announced
August 6, 2013
PARSIPPANY, N.J.- The votes are in, and fans across the country have chosen the finalists in the Wyndham Championship "Charity of Choice" awareness campaign. Wishes by Wyndham, Wyndham Worldwide's philanthropic foundation and the official charity of the Wyndham Championship, will donate $100,000 to one of the finalists on last the day of the golf tournament.
Held at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C., the Wyndham Championship is an annual golf tournament on the PGA TOUR and the final stop of the PGA TOUR's FedExCup regular season. Attracting more than 80,000 spectators each year, the tournament gives Wyndham Worldwide the platform to connect with its customers while expanding the reach and presence of Wishes by Wyndham and supporting many local charitable organizations.
During the tournament, spectators will have an opportunity to decide which local charity will receive $100,000 from Wishes by Wyndham. From August 15 - August 18, participants may cast their vote for one of the charitable organizations once per day on-site at the "Key to Wyn" expo tent. The winning charity will receive $100,000 during a special ceremony after the trophy presentation.
"Philanthropy has always been a central focus of the Wyndham Championship," said Alyson Johnson, senior vice president, marketing and communications, Wyndham Worldwide. "Part of the core values that drive our company is a commitment to the communities in which we live and work. We are extremely proud to support many phenomenal local charitable organizations and to be a part of the Piedmont Triad community during the tournament."
The top 10 charities were determined by an open voting period held in July on Wyndham Worldwide's Facebook page and WyndhamChampionship.com. The finalists include:American Cancer Society Hope Lodge
- Big Brothers & Big Sisters of the Central Piedmont
- Camp Carefree
- Children's Home Society of North Carolina
- Christel House International
- Girl Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont
- Piedmont Triad Chapter of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Serious Fun Children's Network
- Special Olympics 2014 USA Games
- Youth Opportunities
Wyndham Worldwide's commitment to the Piedmont Triad community continues for the third consecutive year with the Wyndham Championship "Charity of Choice" awareness campaign. Through Wishes by Wyndham, the Company supports numerous national and Greensboro charities during the PGA TOUR event.
Charitable organizations participating in the 2013 "Charity of Choice" awareness campaign are non-profit organizations with current 501(c)3 status whose only mission is to improve the lives of children. Unlike last year, pass-through organizations whereby an organization raises money on behalf of another charitable organization may not participate. An organization with statewide or National reach must be able to designate a portion of the winning funds to Piedmont Triad programs in order to be eligible.
- VIDEO: Players make a special hospital visit during Allianz Championship 02/26/2015
- Jonas Blixt makes a young cancer survivor's dream come true 02/25/2015
- Fifth annual Els for Autism Golf Challenge kicks off 02/25/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence to welcome first students in August 02/25/2015
- PHOTOS: Mahan teams with sponsor to raise funds for NADA Charitable Foundation 02/24/2015
- Marco Dawson nets $10K for The First Tee of Lakeland with FOX Sports Shot for Charity win at Daytona 02/19/2015
- Web.com Tour Championship, City of Jacksonville donate $408K to The First Tee 02/18/2015
- Greg and Nicole Chalmers launch autism support organization 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Tim Lang 02/13/2015
- VIDEO: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am fan’s eye view – Katie Horsford 02/13/2015