Kelly Gibson Foundation awards $48,000 in college scholarships
August 2, 2013
NEW ORLEANS-- The Kelly Gibson Foundation awarded $48,500 to 21 of the Kelly Gibson Junior Golf Tour's most deserving tour members at the annual banquet. The banquet was held at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside and was presented by the Fore!Kids Foundation, producers of the PGA TOUR's Zurich Classic of New Orleans. For the fourth year in a row, The Kelly Gibson Foundation partnered with several foundations and companies to provide students with college scholarship money, recognizing their academic achievements and community leadership.
Since 2010, over $175,000 has been awarded to 78 members of the Kelly Gibson Junior Golf Tour.
Academy Sports & Outdoors was the presenting partner of the 2013 Player of the Year Awards. The players who earned the most points in the summer tournaments were awarded a trophy as well as a gift card to Academy Sports & Outdoors.
The Kelly Gibson Junior Golf Tour is presented by Cox Louisiana in partnership with the Fore!Kids Foundation, Humana, Champagne Beverage/Southern Eagle Sales and Service, Nestle Water, Allstate Sugar Bowl, TOMBA Communications, Academy Sports & Outdoors, BC Cup Foundation, New Orleans Golf Association, Rob Noel Golf Academy, WOW Café & Wingery, TaylorMade Golf, Aunt Sally's Pralines, Gulf Coast Golf, Wal-Mart, Brandon's Birdies and Wall Golf for Charity.
The Kelly Gibson Junior Golf Tour was founded in 2009 by PGA Tour Professional Kelly Gibson. It is operated by The Kelly Gibson Foundation with the mission of creating a positive learning experience through golf by providing competitive golf tournaments throughout the year. The Tour is open to both male and female golfers ages 9-22, with members competing in junior golf tournaments throughout New Orleans and the Gulf Coast Region. Regardless of the players' golfing ability, scholarships are awarded based on community service, grade point average and financial need. All members of the KGJGT who are at least juniors in high school are eligible to receive scholarships.
For more information, please visit thekellygibsonfoundation.org.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Evansville Community Benefits from Web.com Tour Event 04/27/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016