Deutsche Bank Championship joins forces with One Fund Boston to support marathon victims
August 26, 2013
NORTON, Mass. - The 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship in cooperation with EMC is working with The One Fund Boston organization to raise awareness and show support for those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings. Through a number of initiatives throughout the week-long Championship, held August 28 - September 2 at TPC Boston, spectators as well as the PGA TOUR professionals will have the opportunity to donate and help raise awareness for the victims and their families.
"Our thoughts and prayers have been with everyone affected by this tragedy,” Championship Director Eric Baldwin said. “We are proud the Deutsche Bank Championship is part of this strong community and we are excited to help raise funds and provide support to those involved.”
Monday, September 2, has officially been designated Boston Strong Day, and spectators will be encouraged to wear their blue and gold to show their support. Boston Strong bracelets will be available for $3 in the merchandise tent and additional areas around the course. All proceeds will benefit One Fund, an organization formed to assist victims and families affected by the events at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
In addition, the Championship will distribute blue and gold ribbons to the 100 PGA TOUR professionals competing in the second event of the FedExCup Playoffs. The ribbons will also be given to caddies, sponsors and staff to wear throughout the week-long event. The victims and their families will be given two complimentary grounds tickets to come out for Boston Strong Day to watch the final round of the 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship.
- Help injured veterans by joining the World’s Largest Golf Outing on August 3 07/30/2015
- Woods, Fowler take on 19th hole for charity at Quicken Loans National 07/29/2015
- Quicken Loans continues commitment to providing access to military tickets for PGA TOUR events 07/28/2015
- Wyndham Championship takes on childhood hunger in North Carolina's Piedmont Triad 07/24/2015
- Over $500K donated through #RBCGolf4Kids charity challenge 07/23/2015
- David Hearn launches foundation in support of the Alzheimer Society 07/23/2015
- Honda Classic sets charity record despite massive storm 07/23/2015
- Justin Rose named 2015 Spirit of Golf award recipient 07/20/2015
- Birdies for Charity helps kids in the Quad Cities 07/10/2015
- Jordan Spieth to participate in Caddy For A Cure during Quicken Loans National pro-am 07/10/2015