Deutsche Bank Championship joins forces with One Fund Boston to support marathon victims
August 26, 2013
NORTON, Mass. - The 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship in cooperation with EMC is working with The One Fund Boston organization to raise awareness and show support for those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings. Through a number of initiatives throughout the week-long Championship, held August 28 - September 2 at TPC Boston, spectators as well as the PGA TOUR professionals will have the opportunity to donate and help raise awareness for the victims and their families.
"Our thoughts and prayers have been with everyone affected by this tragedy,” Championship Director Eric Baldwin said. “We are proud the Deutsche Bank Championship is part of this strong community and we are excited to help raise funds and provide support to those involved.”
Monday, September 2, has officially been designated Boston Strong Day, and spectators will be encouraged to wear their blue and gold to show their support. Boston Strong bracelets will be available for $3 in the merchandise tent and additional areas around the course. All proceeds will benefit One Fund, an organization formed to assist victims and families affected by the events at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
In addition, the Championship will distribute blue and gold ribbons to the 100 PGA TOUR professionals competing in the second event of the FedExCup Playoffs. The ribbons will also be given to caddies, sponsors and staff to wear throughout the week-long event. The victims and their families will be given two complimentary grounds tickets to come out for Boston Strong Day to watch the final round of the 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship.
- 2013 CVS Caremark Charity Classic generates $1.3 million for Rhode Island charities 12/19/2013
- VIDEO:PGA TOUR Wives Association wraps up its 25th year of Giving Back 12/14/2013
- DICK's Sporting Goods Open's host organization raises over $1 million for charity 12/13/2013
- Principal Charity Classic's “FORE Our Kids” named 2013 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 12/12/2013
- Brian Gay Invitational raises more than $410,000 to benefit Florida Hospital for Children 12/11/2013
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship announces record-setting charitable donation 12/10/2013
- Words with Friends competition leads to $10,000 First Tee donation 12/09/2013
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013