Deutsche Bank Championship joins forces with One Fund Boston to support marathon victims
August 26, 2013
NORTON, Mass. - The 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship in cooperation with EMC is working with The One Fund Boston organization to raise awareness and show support for those affected by the Boston Marathon bombings. Through a number of initiatives throughout the week-long Championship, held August 28 - September 2 at TPC Boston, spectators as well as the PGA TOUR professionals will have the opportunity to donate and help raise awareness for the victims and their families.
"Our thoughts and prayers have been with everyone affected by this tragedy,” Championship Director Eric Baldwin said. “We are proud the Deutsche Bank Championship is part of this strong community and we are excited to help raise funds and provide support to those involved.”
Monday, September 2, has officially been designated Boston Strong Day, and spectators will be encouraged to wear their blue and gold to show their support. Boston Strong bracelets will be available for $3 in the merchandise tent and additional areas around the course. All proceeds will benefit One Fund, an organization formed to assist victims and families affected by the events at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013.
In addition, the Championship will distribute blue and gold ribbons to the 100 PGA TOUR professionals competing in the second event of the FedExCup Playoffs. The ribbons will also be given to caddies, sponsors and staff to wear throughout the week-long event. The victims and their families will be given two complimentary grounds tickets to come out for Boston Strong Day to watch the final round of the 2013 Deutsche Bank Championship.
- Karan and Don Whamond named 2016 PGA TOUR Volunteers of the Year 12/08/2016
- Winner of THE NORTHERN TRUST volunteer challenge selects American Cancer Society to receive $5,000 donation 12/08/2016
- Each One Tell One named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/08/2016
- PHOTOS: Jason Dufner visits Grace Place during Franklin Templeton Shootout 12/07/2016
- The First Tee of the Triad, PGA TOUR player Johnson Wagner, Salute 2016 Award Winners, ACE Graduates 12/02/2016
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016