Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft delivers over $1.3M for charity in 2013
August 5, 2013
BOISE, Idaho- Executive Director Jeff Sanders announced that the 2013 Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft generated $1.322 million for charity, bringing the grand total contribution to charity to over $15 million in the tournament’s 24-year history. This ranks the Albertsons Boise Open as the #1 event in terms of total charitable giving on the Web.com Tour.
The Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft raised $1.322 Million for charities in the Treasure Valley region, breaking the million dollar mark for the seventh consecutive year. Bob Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Albertsons said, “The community has shown how great their hearts are through their generous support of this event, and the benefit to our Treasure Valley charities is immeasurable. Our local sponsors, media partners, loyal volunteers, vendor partners and Boise golf fans along with the experienced team of professionals from JSP all played key roles in delivering this phenomenal result, and we are grateful to all of them.”
Executive Director Jeff Sanders commented, "The 2013 event was an astounding success. We are extremely proud to be able to partner with Albertsons and impact local charities to this level, and we look forward to producing even better results in years to come. Our team is already in high gear preparing for the 2014 tournament and Boise can expect another spectacular event and result for charity with next year's 25th anniversary."
Kevin Tway birdied the first playoff hole to take home the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft title on Sunday after firing a final round 8-under par 63. Kevin, a rookie on the Web.com Tour, finished with a tournament-record 23-under par total and won for the first time as a professional.
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee visits The Greenbrier Classic 07/17/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour players shop for charity during Albertsons Boise Open 07/17/2014
- WATCH: Zach Johnson on his annual charity event benefitting Kids on Course 07/15/2014
- WATCH: Jay Haas, William McGirt talk about The Blade Junior Classic 07/15/2014