Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft delivers over $1.3M for charity in 2013
August 5, 2013
BOISE, Idaho- Executive Director Jeff Sanders announced that the 2013 Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft generated $1.322 million for charity, bringing the grand total contribution to charity to over $15 million in the tournament’s 24-year history. This ranks the Albertsons Boise Open as the #1 event in terms of total charitable giving on the Web.com Tour.
The Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft raised $1.322 Million for charities in the Treasure Valley region, breaking the million dollar mark for the seventh consecutive year. Bob Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Albertsons said, “The community has shown how great their hearts are through their generous support of this event, and the benefit to our Treasure Valley charities is immeasurable. Our local sponsors, media partners, loyal volunteers, vendor partners and Boise golf fans along with the experienced team of professionals from JSP all played key roles in delivering this phenomenal result, and we are grateful to all of them.”
Executive Director Jeff Sanders commented, "The 2013 event was an astounding success. We are extremely proud to be able to partner with Albertsons and impact local charities to this level, and we look forward to producing even better results in years to come. Our team is already in high gear preparing for the 2014 tournament and Boise can expect another spectacular event and result for charity with next year's 25th anniversary."
Kevin Tway birdied the first playoff hole to take home the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft title on Sunday after firing a final round 8-under par 63. Kevin, a rookie on the Web.com Tour, finished with a tournament-record 23-under par total and won for the first time as a professional.
- Molder hits the runway at Halo Animal Rescue's 'Players and Pets' event 01/28/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives Classic at the Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/28/2015
- Watson's car nets $410K for Birdies for the Brave 01/19/2015
- Hunter Mahan to 'putt a painting' for NADA benefit 01/16/2015
- PGA TOUR Wives Classic set for Jan. 27 at Waste Management Phoenix Open 01/15/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players visit Greenville Shriners Hospital 01/15/2015
- College of the Ozarks named 2014 Champions Tour Charity of the Year 01/14/2015
- Bubba Watson puts classic car on Barrett-Jackson's auction block for charity 01/09/2015
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions serves as vehicle for charity 01/09/2015
- Evans Scholars Foundation surpasses 10,000 alumni 01/08/2015