Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft delivers over $1.3M for charity in 2013
August 5, 2013
BOISE, Idaho- Executive Director Jeff Sanders announced that the 2013 Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft generated $1.322 million for charity, bringing the grand total contribution to charity to over $15 million in the tournament’s 24-year history. This ranks the Albertsons Boise Open as the #1 event in terms of total charitable giving on the Web.com Tour.
The Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft raised $1.322 Million for charities in the Treasure Valley region, breaking the million dollar mark for the seventh consecutive year. Bob Butler, Chief Operating Officer of Albertsons said, “The community has shown how great their hearts are through their generous support of this event, and the benefit to our Treasure Valley charities is immeasurable. Our local sponsors, media partners, loyal volunteers, vendor partners and Boise golf fans along with the experienced team of professionals from JSP all played key roles in delivering this phenomenal result, and we are grateful to all of them.”
Executive Director Jeff Sanders commented, "The 2013 event was an astounding success. We are extremely proud to be able to partner with Albertsons and impact local charities to this level, and we look forward to producing even better results in years to come. Our team is already in high gear preparing for the 2014 tournament and Boise can expect another spectacular event and result for charity with next year's 25th anniversary."
Kevin Tway birdied the first playoff hole to take home the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft title on Sunday after firing a final round 8-under par 63. Kevin, a rookie on the Web.com Tour, finished with a tournament-record 23-under par total and won for the first time as a professional.
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives put the finishing touches on Habitat for Humanity home during Valspar Championship 03/12/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015