PGA TOUR Wives Association to host PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic at THE PLAYERS
April 17, 2013
|2013 PGA TOUR Wives Classic field|
|Cheri Cox||Ted Potter, Jr.|
|Natalie Faberman||C. Tringale|
|Megan Mercurio||David Lingmerth|
|Ashley Pendley||Pat Perez|
|Sara Skevington||Steve Wheatcroft|
|Carrie Van Pelt||Bo|
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The inaugural TOUR Wives Golf Classic was held in 1987 during THE PLAYERS Championship and continues during this year’s PLAYERS on Tuesday, May 7, at 1 p.m. on Dye’s Valley Course. The wives will do the driving and putting, and their husbands will take care of the heavy lifting as caddies in this friendly, 9-hole shootout for charity, one of the many activities taking place this year as the PGA TOUR Wives Association (PTWA) celebrates its 25th anniversary. Anyone with a Tuesday practice round ticket to THE PLAYERS is welcome to attend the wives’ event.
The PGA TOUR Wives Classic field features 58 players, highlighted by PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem caddying for his wife Holly; Jim Furyk caddying for his wife Tabitha; Geoff Ogilvy caddying for his wife Juli; Webb Simpson caddying for his wife Dowd; Nick Watney caddying for his wife Amber; and Bubba Watson caddying for his wife Angie. A complete field/caddie list is located below.
The PTWA will donate a portion of the proceeds from the PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic to two local charities: Community PedsCare; and the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation.
The PTWA is a nonprofit organization comprised of wives and significant others of PGA TOUR players as well as those who support its charitable endeavors. Over the past 25 years, the Association’s events have raised more than $5 million and its members have worked with hundreds of charities, impacting thousands of children all over the United States.
Recently, the PTWA unveiled a 25th anniversary commemorative book entitled, “Beyond the Fairways and Greens: A Look Inside The Lives of PGA TOUR Families.” Published by Butler Books, this stunning “family album” captures the Association’s quarter century of charitable outreach to children and their familieis and, through hundreds of heartwarming stories and family photographs, offers readers a rare glimpse into the lives of PGA TOUR families - both on and off the course. The coffee-table book is 384 pages, hard cover and full color.
Members of the PTWA will be at the PGA TOUR Airport Shop at Jacksonville International Airport for a book signing on Thursday, May 9, from 1-3 p.m. For more information, visit www.pgatourwives.org.
THE PLAYERS will return to the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass, May 6-12, 2013. More information about THE PLAYERS is available at PGATOUR.COM/theplayers. Tickets are available on line, at area Publix or at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse.
- Valspar Championship presented by BB&T raises $1.6 million for charity in 2014 07/28/2014
- CBS Sports special focuses on PGA TOUR players’ charitable initiatives 07/28/2014
- Shaw Communications announces campaign to benefit Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation 07/25/2014
- BMW Championship exhibition raises $45,000 for Evans Scholars Foundation 07/24/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour Wives partner with Midwest Classic to create "Camp Quality Baskets" 07/23/2014
- Fred Couples joins Snoqualmie Showdown charity event on August 4 07/22/2014
- Jarrod Lyle: A survivor seeking to help others 07/22/2014
- Darren Clarke receives Golf Foundation's ‘Spirit of Golf’ award 07/21/2014
- VIDEO: The First Tee visits The Greenbrier Classic 07/17/2014
- PHOTOS: Web.com Tour players shop for charity during Albertsons Boise Open 07/17/2014