PGA TOUR Wives Association to host PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic at THE PLAYERS
April 17, 2013
|2013 PGA TOUR Wives Classic field|
|Cheri Cox||Ted Potter, Jr.|
|Natalie Faberman||C. Tringale|
|Megan Mercurio||David Lingmerth|
|Ashley Pendley||Pat Perez|
|Sara Skevington||Steve Wheatcroft|
|Carrie Van Pelt||Bo|
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The inaugural TOUR Wives Golf Classic was held in 1987 during THE PLAYERS Championship and continues during this year’s PLAYERS on Tuesday, May 7, at 1 p.m. on Dye’s Valley Course. The wives will do the driving and putting, and their husbands will take care of the heavy lifting as caddies in this friendly, 9-hole shootout for charity, one of the many activities taking place this year as the PGA TOUR Wives Association (PTWA) celebrates its 25th anniversary. Anyone with a Tuesday practice round ticket to THE PLAYERS is welcome to attend the wives’ event.
The PGA TOUR Wives Classic field features 58 players, highlighted by PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem caddying for his wife Holly; Jim Furyk caddying for his wife Tabitha; Geoff Ogilvy caddying for his wife Juli; Webb Simpson caddying for his wife Dowd; Nick Watney caddying for his wife Amber; and Bubba Watson caddying for his wife Angie. A complete field/caddie list is located below.
The PTWA will donate a portion of the proceeds from the PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic to two local charities: Community PedsCare; and the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation.
The PTWA is a nonprofit organization comprised of wives and significant others of PGA TOUR players as well as those who support its charitable endeavors. Over the past 25 years, the Association’s events have raised more than $5 million and its members have worked with hundreds of charities, impacting thousands of children all over the United States.
Recently, the PTWA unveiled a 25th anniversary commemorative book entitled, “Beyond the Fairways and Greens: A Look Inside The Lives of PGA TOUR Families.” Published by Butler Books, this stunning “family album” captures the Association’s quarter century of charitable outreach to children and their familieis and, through hundreds of heartwarming stories and family photographs, offers readers a rare glimpse into the lives of PGA TOUR families - both on and off the course. The coffee-table book is 384 pages, hard cover and full color.
Members of the PTWA will be at the PGA TOUR Airport Shop at Jacksonville International Airport for a book signing on Thursday, May 9, from 1-3 p.m. For more information, visit www.pgatourwives.org.
THE PLAYERS will return to the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass, May 6-12, 2013. More information about THE PLAYERS is available at PGATOUR.COM/theplayers. Tickets are available on line, at area Publix or at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse.
- PHOTO: PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge at the 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/30/2016
- PHOTO: PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge at 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson 06/30/2016
- The Tiger Woods Foundation selected to receive donation from the Quicken Loans National PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 06/30/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives host Sierra School Foundation event during Barracuda Championship 06/30/2016
- PGA TOUR members’ charitable endeavors highlighted in CBS Sports special 06/29/2016
- PGA TOUR to donate $100,000 to West Virginia Flood Relief 06/28/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016