PGA TOUR Wives Association to host PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic at THE PLAYERS
April 17, 2013
|2013 PGA TOUR Wives Classic field|
|Cheri Cox||Ted Potter, Jr.|
|Natalie Faberman||C. Tringale|
|Megan Mercurio||David Lingmerth|
|Ashley Pendley||Pat Perez|
|Sara Skevington||Steve Wheatcroft|
|Carrie Van Pelt||Bo|
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – The inaugural TOUR Wives Golf Classic was held in 1987 during THE PLAYERS Championship and continues during this year’s PLAYERS on Tuesday, May 7, at 1 p.m. on Dye’s Valley Course. The wives will do the driving and putting, and their husbands will take care of the heavy lifting as caddies in this friendly, 9-hole shootout for charity, one of the many activities taking place this year as the PGA TOUR Wives Association (PTWA) celebrates its 25th anniversary. Anyone with a Tuesday practice round ticket to THE PLAYERS is welcome to attend the wives’ event.
The PGA TOUR Wives Classic field features 58 players, highlighted by PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem caddying for his wife Holly; Jim Furyk caddying for his wife Tabitha; Geoff Ogilvy caddying for his wife Juli; Webb Simpson caddying for his wife Dowd; Nick Watney caddying for his wife Amber; and Bubba Watson caddying for his wife Angie. A complete field/caddie list is located below.
The PTWA will donate a portion of the proceeds from the PGA TOUR Wives Golf Classic to two local charities: Community PedsCare; and the Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation.
The PTWA is a nonprofit organization comprised of wives and significant others of PGA TOUR players as well as those who support its charitable endeavors. Over the past 25 years, the Association’s events have raised more than $5 million and its members have worked with hundreds of charities, impacting thousands of children all over the United States.
Recently, the PTWA unveiled a 25th anniversary commemorative book entitled, “Beyond the Fairways and Greens: A Look Inside The Lives of PGA TOUR Families.” Published by Butler Books, this stunning “family album” captures the Association’s quarter century of charitable outreach to children and their familieis and, through hundreds of heartwarming stories and family photographs, offers readers a rare glimpse into the lives of PGA TOUR families - both on and off the course. The coffee-table book is 384 pages, hard cover and full color.
Members of the PTWA will be at the PGA TOUR Airport Shop at Jacksonville International Airport for a book signing on Thursday, May 9, from 1-3 p.m. For more information, visit www.pgatourwives.org.
THE PLAYERS will return to the Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass, May 6-12, 2013. More information about THE PLAYERS is available at PGATOUR.COM/theplayers. Tickets are available on line, at area Publix or at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse.
- Janzen, Mediate volunteer at Biloxi Habitat home 03/27/2015
- Valero Texas Open: A bond beyond the ropes for Ryan Polzin and caddie Randy Jones 03/26/2015
- Valero Texas Open teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two local wounded heroes 03/26/2015
- The First Tee of Tucson: Keeping Kids on the Right Course 03/23/2015
- VIDEO: LPGA, USGA Girls Golf launch Little Girls, Big Dreams campaign 03/19/2015
- Callaway provides fitting gratitude to Purple Heart recipients during Arnold Palmer Invitational 03/18/2015
- Graham and Ruby DeLaet Foundation, The Children's Wish Foundation named charitable partners of the Nova Scotia Open 03/16/2015
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives put the finishing touches on Habitat for Humanity home during Valspar Championship 03/12/2015
- PGA TOUR Superstore helps The First Tee increase participation 03/10/2015
- PGA TOUR reaches new charitable plateau in early 2015 03/08/2015