Sergio Garcia Foundation announces children's app to benefit golf camp in Spain
April 19, 2013
Once Upon a Time there was Golf, a collaborative project between PlayTales SL, Domomedia, Albatross Golf Camp, and professional golfer Sergio Garcia, launches in May 2013. Garcia narrates the story as the interactive scenes and animations teach children about the magic and practice of golf.
PlayTales, an award winning bookstore app developer based in Seville, is known for its high-quality multiplatform and multilingual interactive books and has worked with organizations such as UNICEF to benefit various non-profit groups and fundraisers in the past.
“It’s an honor to be working with such a great sportsman like Sergio Garcia on this new book and it’s even better that this story will benefit such a great cause,” comments Enrique Tapias, CEO of PlayTales.
Domomedia, a business in Madrid dedicated to design, illustration, and creative multimedia solutions, created the designs and illustrations featured in the story.
Albatross Golf Camp was also very much involved in the production of Once Upon a Time there was Golf. The idea behind the story came from Fernando Pascual del Pobil of the Albatross Golf Camp. The company is located in El Puerto de Santa Maria, a town in southern Spain, which is also the birthplace of Belen Mozo, professional golfer and the main character in Once Upon a Time there was Golf. Albatross Golf Camp focuses on teaching children how to play golf while integrating several languages into classes to make learning both the sport and new languages fun.
Sergio Garcia, a professional golfer and listed among the OWGR top ten for over a decade, has had a brilliant golf career winning tournaments all over the globe. Garcia founded the Sergio García Foundation in 2002 which organizes, promotes, and funds golf clinics for kids and young adults with disabilities throughout Spain. The organization is focused on the social integration of disadvantaged children and young people through social assistance and extracurricular activities associated with sports. Up to date the foundation has organized over 28 clinics wherein professional golfers such as Peter Longo instruct and teach hundreds of children how to play the game.
“This story is a great way for kids to learn about playing golf,” comments Garcia. “It’s a fun and interactive story that even the smallest kids in the family can enjoy. We’re very pleased with the content, graphics, and interactive features PlayTales has incorporated into Once Upon a Time there was Golf.”
Once Upon a Time there was Golf launches in May 2013 and a percentage of the proceeds will go to the Sergio Garcia Foundation. The story will be available in English and Spanish for iOS and Android users worldwide through PlayTales Bookstore and PlayTales Gold on the iTunes App Store, Amazon.com and Google Play.
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes raises funds for Birdies for the Brave homefront groups 05/19/2015
- Join the Crowne Plaza Invitational At Colonial's "Always On Charity Challenge" 05/18/2015
- Doyle Glass, Leigh Colpack named Regions Tradition Volunteers of the Year 05/18/2015
- Inaugural Lincoln Awards: A Concert for Veterans & the Military Family airs on PBS May 22 05/15/2015
- CBS To Air "PGA REACH: Impacting Lives Through Golf" Special May 16 05/14/2015
- Big Break: Warrior Edition honors military veterans with television-inspired golf skills competition 05/14/2015
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour Wives collect donated items for New Foundations Home for Children 05/14/2015
- Wells Fargo Championship teams with Callaway Golf, Birdies for the Brave to honor two Purple Heart recipients 05/14/2015
- Tiger Woods Foundation earns four-star Charity Navigator rating for third consecutive year 05/14/2015
- Two real-life superheroes meet at the Wells Fargo Championship 05/13/2015