Graham DeLaet to host charity tournament to benefit junior golf in Canada
April 30, 2013
Saskatoon, SK – PGA TOUR professional Graham DeLaet, a product of Weyburn, Saskatchewan, will be in Saskatoon on July 11th to help Golf Saskatchewan raise awareness and funds to support junior golf programs throughout the Province.
The Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament is a joint initiative between Golf Saskatchewan and DeLaet, a past Golf Saskatchewan member and two-time Amateur Men’s Provincial Champion who is currently ranked 106th in the world. The event will take place Thursday, July 11th at the Willows Golf & Country Club in Saskatoon.
DeLaet will have a strong presence at the event. “I am very excited to be able to give back to junior golf in Saskatchewan, said DeLaet. “I look at the opportunities that were available to me growing up and I hope to see more and more kids involved with golf in Saskatchewan.”
“Growing our current junior golf programs and providing more opportunities for youth to get involved with the sport is a major priority for Golf Saskatchewan,” said Brian Lee, Executive Director. “As an association we have been proactive in adopting and developing new junior programs for schools and golf clubs to endorse throughout the Province. With Graham’s support, it is our goal to set up a Graham DeLaet Junior Golf Development Fund that will benefit communities, schools, golf clubs and impact children from all walks of life.”
“It is important for those in the golf community in Saskatchewan to make junior golf and development programs a major priority,” said Phil Grosse, Manager of Sport Development and Marketing for Golf Saskatchewan. “Junior golfers are the future and I believe we can make a significant contribution to junior golf and the future of our sport through this exciting initiative.”
The proceeds raised through the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament In Support of Junior Golf will support Golf Saskatchewan initiatives and a portion of the proceeds will assist the Weyburn and District Hospital Foundation, whom Graham supported through fundraising events in 2011 and 2012.
- PING unveils limited edition pink driver benefiting Bubba Watson's foundation 08/25/2016
- 2016 AT&T Byron Nelson raises $5.8 million for Momentous Institute 08/25/2016
- Bubba Watson and caddie Ted Scott pledge support to Louisiana flood relief efforts 08/24/2016
- Glenmorangie teams up with Birdies for the Brave to raise funds for military families, wounded heroes during three PGA TOUR events 08/24/2016
- Charity leads the way for inaugural GolfBC Championship 08/18/2016
- VIDEO: A legacy of giving back at the Price Cutter Charity Championship 08/17/2016
- Meet Gianna 'One-Handed Lady Golfer' Rojas, volunteer at The Barclays 08/16/2016
- Ken Duke's dream for others reaches fruition with practice facility 08/11/2016
- Travelers donates $58,000 to Jim Furyk's charity of choice after record-setting 58 08/10/2016
- Jim Furyk named 2016 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/09/2016