Graham DeLaet to host charity tournament to benefit junior golf in Canada
April 30, 2013
Saskatoon, SK – PGA TOUR professional Graham DeLaet, a product of Weyburn, Saskatchewan, will be in Saskatoon on July 11th to help Golf Saskatchewan raise awareness and funds to support junior golf programs throughout the Province.
The Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament is a joint initiative between Golf Saskatchewan and DeLaet, a past Golf Saskatchewan member and two-time Amateur Men’s Provincial Champion who is currently ranked 106th in the world. The event will take place Thursday, July 11th at the Willows Golf & Country Club in Saskatoon.
DeLaet will have a strong presence at the event. “I am very excited to be able to give back to junior golf in Saskatchewan, said DeLaet. “I look at the opportunities that were available to me growing up and I hope to see more and more kids involved with golf in Saskatchewan.”
“Growing our current junior golf programs and providing more opportunities for youth to get involved with the sport is a major priority for Golf Saskatchewan,” said Brian Lee, Executive Director. “As an association we have been proactive in adopting and developing new junior programs for schools and golf clubs to endorse throughout the Province. With Graham’s support, it is our goal to set up a Graham DeLaet Junior Golf Development Fund that will benefit communities, schools, golf clubs and impact children from all walks of life.”
“It is important for those in the golf community in Saskatchewan to make junior golf and development programs a major priority,” said Phil Grosse, Manager of Sport Development and Marketing for Golf Saskatchewan. “Junior golfers are the future and I believe we can make a significant contribution to junior golf and the future of our sport through this exciting initiative.”
The proceeds raised through the Graham DeLaet Charity Golf Tournament In Support of Junior Golf will support Golf Saskatchewan initiatives and a portion of the proceeds will assist the Weyburn and District Hospital Foundation, whom Graham supported through fundraising events in 2011 and 2012.
- VIDEO: 98-year-old Dick's Sporting Goods Open volunteer still going strong 08/28/2015
- PGA TOUR teams with Nike Oven to create unique Make-A-Wish experience for leukemia patient 08/28/2015
- A fitting honor for two wounded heroes at the Wyndham Championship 08/25/2015
- National Capital Open to Support Our Troops about more than just golf 08/25/2015
- Spieth makes special appearance during The First Tee Classic at Liberty National Golf Club 08/24/2015
- 2015 BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX Corporation raises more than $758K for charity 08/19/2015
- Els named 2015 Payne Stewart Award recipient 08/19/2015
- Shell Houston Open recognized nationally with Gold Level Certification by Council for Responsible Sport 08/19/2015
- Wyndham Championship supports local Piedmont Triad community during tournament week 08/18/2015
- The Els Center of Excellence opens its doors to students 08/17/2015