Farmers Insurance, Century Club of San Diego raise $150,000 for youth charities with "Kickin' it Country" event
September 21, 2012
SAN DIEGO-- Farmers Insurance and the Century Club of San Diego hosted “Kickin’ It Country”, a private concert featuring Grammy award winning artist Rascal Flatts. The event raised funds for local charities, including the Monarch School and Pro Kids Academy/The First Tee San Diego. More than 450 guests were in attendance to enjoy an evening filled with great food, entertaining live auctions and a memorable performance, all in the spirit of giving. Though the evening’s festivities, “Kickin’ It Country” generated nearly $150,000 for the two benefitting charities.
In addition to its support of the Farmers Insurance Open, Farmers Insurance is proud to extend its philanthropic efforts across entertainment and sports, which led to its presenting sponsorship of the Rascal Flatts “Changed” tour. The private concert was held on Sunday, September 16.
"Farmers Insurance is proud to have partnered with the Century Club of San Diego and Rascal Flatts in sponsoring this extremely successful, charitable fund-raising event," said Chuck Browning, Head of Sponsorship and Corporate Giving for Farmers Insurance. "This punctuates our strong commitment to supporting charities in the communities we serve."
The Monarch School is dedicated to helping San Diego’s homeless children break the cycle of poverty through education. Monarch is a K-12 public school serving more than 400 students each year, ages 4-19. The school provides them with an accredited education, one-on-one tutoring and an after school program, as well as basic necessities such as medical and dental care, food and clothing, hygiene kits, transportation and family assistance.
“The Century Club of San Diego has allowed Monarch School to continue our mission to educate homeless youth in San Diego County” said Erin Spiewak, CEO, Monarch School. “Over the last six years the Century Club has provided us with more than $1.3 million to support our work here at Monarch School.”
Pro Kids, The First Tee San Diego is a non-profit organization that challenges underserved youth to excel in life by promotion character development, life skills and values through education and the game of golf. Pro Kids aims to hook kids on golf as a life-long amateur sport, teach them how the rules of the game can be applied to everyday life and empower them to excel in school, develop successful careers and become leaders in the San Diego community.
“The partnership with the Century Club of San Diego has been beneficial in so many ways,” said Marty Remmell, CEO of Pro Kids, The First Tee San Diego. “But I think the most important impact that the Century Club has had on Pro Kids have been the personal interaction between our children and the Century Club board members and Farmers Insurance agents. They’ve spent time with the children, providing a great example of someone they can emulate.”
The Century Club of San Diego, organized for the main purpose of administering and promoting San Diego’s annual PGA TOUR event, the Farmers Insurance Open, is dedicated to making a difference locally through its charitable programs including Sunday night’s “Kickin’ It Country” event. In the last 50 years, the Century Club of San Diego has generated more than $24 million for San Diego’s charities.
- G-Mac Foundation helps to raise $700K at the 2017 Best of Ireland Dinner 01/23/2017
- CareerBuilder Challenge hosts 'Find Your Calling' 01/21/2017
- PGA TOUR joins AJGA as Official Partner 01/13/2017
- Tiger Woods Foundation, Discovery Education partner to offer digital education resources 01/10/2017
- Puerto Rico Open strengthens ties to Ricky Martin Foundation and its allies at Centro Tau 12/28/2016
- CVS Health Charity Classic reaches $20 million in philanthropic support to Southeastern New England charities 12/23/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge presented by Myrbetriq donation leads to Boys and Girls Club program development 12/22/2016
- PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge continues to support charitable mission 12/19/2016
- BMW Championship raises $2.8 million for Evans Scholars Foundation in 2016 12/16/2016
- WinCo Foods Portland Open announces $1.25 million raised for charity in 2016 12/15/2016