Farmers Insurance, Century Club of San Diego raise $150,000 for youth charities with "Kickin' it Country" event
September 21, 2012
SAN DIEGO-- Farmers Insurance and the Century Club of San Diego hosted “Kickin’ It Country”, a private concert featuring Grammy award winning artist Rascal Flatts. The event raised funds for local charities, including the Monarch School and Pro Kids Academy/The First Tee San Diego. More than 450 guests were in attendance to enjoy an evening filled with great food, entertaining live auctions and a memorable performance, all in the spirit of giving. Though the evening’s festivities, “Kickin’ It Country” generated nearly $150,000 for the two benefitting charities.
In addition to its support of the Farmers Insurance Open, Farmers Insurance is proud to extend its philanthropic efforts across entertainment and sports, which led to its presenting sponsorship of the Rascal Flatts “Changed” tour. The private concert was held on Sunday, September 16.
"Farmers Insurance is proud to have partnered with the Century Club of San Diego and Rascal Flatts in sponsoring this extremely successful, charitable fund-raising event," said Chuck Browning, Head of Sponsorship and Corporate Giving for Farmers Insurance. "This punctuates our strong commitment to supporting charities in the communities we serve."
The Monarch School is dedicated to helping San Diego’s homeless children break the cycle of poverty through education. Monarch is a K-12 public school serving more than 400 students each year, ages 4-19. The school provides them with an accredited education, one-on-one tutoring and an after school program, as well as basic necessities such as medical and dental care, food and clothing, hygiene kits, transportation and family assistance.
“The Century Club of San Diego has allowed Monarch School to continue our mission to educate homeless youth in San Diego County” said Erin Spiewak, CEO, Monarch School. “Over the last six years the Century Club has provided us with more than $1.3 million to support our work here at Monarch School.”
Pro Kids, The First Tee San Diego is a non-profit organization that challenges underserved youth to excel in life by promotion character development, life skills and values through education and the game of golf. Pro Kids aims to hook kids on golf as a life-long amateur sport, teach them how the rules of the game can be applied to everyday life and empower them to excel in school, develop successful careers and become leaders in the San Diego community.
“The partnership with the Century Club of San Diego has been beneficial in so many ways,” said Marty Remmell, CEO of Pro Kids, The First Tee San Diego. “But I think the most important impact that the Century Club has had on Pro Kids have been the personal interaction between our children and the Century Club board members and Farmers Insurance agents. They’ve spent time with the children, providing a great example of someone they can emulate.”
The Century Club of San Diego, organized for the main purpose of administering and promoting San Diego’s annual PGA TOUR event, the Farmers Insurance Open, is dedicated to making a difference locally through its charitable programs including Sunday night’s “Kickin’ It Country” event. In the last 50 years, the Century Club of San Diego has generated more than $24 million for San Diego’s charities.
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR Wives art party, plane dedication event at FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/09/2016
- Constellation joining forces with Fiorenza’s Food for Friends to fight hunger through 2016 Constellation SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 06/08/2016
- PHOTOS: PGA TOUR players bring day of fun to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital 06/08/2016
- 2016 Sony Open in Hawaii raises $1 million for local charities 06/07/2016
- PGA TOUR players take First Tee of Memphis participants inside the ropes at the FedEx St. Jude Classic 06/07/2016
- PHOTO: Meet the winner of the 2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational volunteer challenge 06/06/2016
- Enduring Hearts and Erik Compton Foundation Join Forces for Charity Golf Outing 06/06/2016
- 2016 Valspar Championship presented by BB&T announces increased charitable contributions 06/06/2016
- Jason, Ellie Day's Brighter Days Foundation to host second annual fundraiser 06/06/2016
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016