Caddy for a Cure goes inside the ropes with Sergio Garcia at The Barclays
September 5, 2012
One of the most unique charitable experiences in golf, Caddy for a Cure gives fans the chance to go inside the ropes and spend a day alongside some of the best players in the world by serving as their caddy for a day. The bonus? All funds from the experiences go to support charitable causes. At The Barclays, the Caddy for a Cure experience was one of several public auction items initiated by PGA TOUR Charities to support The First Tee.
Steve Howard from Tennessee was the auction’s high bidder and flew to New York to spend a day on the course during The Barclays pro-am with Garcia. Howard reports that it was a great day full of golf, laughs and stories and a fun way to support The First Tee.
“This was the greatest day of my golf life and I cannot begin to thank you all enough for providing this opportunity," said Howard about his experience caddying for Garcia, who also happens to be his favorite player. "Sergio was a complete gentleman, and nothing could have been better for me. I will never forget this day and will hopefully get to do it again someday soon."
To learn how you can also support the many charities supported by Caddy for a Cure including Birdies for the Brave, go to www.caddyforacure.com.
- Darlene Riggs named 2013 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for commitment to THE PLAYERS Championship 12/06/2013
- Kathy Evans named 2013 Champions Tour Volunteer of the Year 12/06/2013
- Memory Matters named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/06/2013
- PHOTOS: Kevin Chappell visits Children's Hospital Central California 12/05/2013
- Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic donates $125,000 to Habitat for Humanity 12/04/2013
- KJ Choi pledges $100,000 to Typhoon Haiyan Relief in the Philippines 12/04/2013
- Gary Player Foundation celebrates 30th anniversary by reaching new record in giving 12/04/2013
- Web.com Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship nears $11 million in charitable giving 12/02/2013
- Hyundai Tournament of Champions announces 5K run/walk to benefit children fighting cancer 12/02/2013
- Q&A: PGA TOUR Wives share what they are most thankful for this season 11/28/2013