Caddy for a Cure goes inside the ropes with Sergio Garcia at The Barclays
September 5, 2012
One of the most unique charitable experiences in golf, Caddy for a Cure gives fans the chance to go inside the ropes and spend a day alongside some of the best players in the world by serving as their caddy for a day. The bonus? All funds from the experiences go to support charitable causes. At The Barclays, the Caddy for a Cure experience was one of several public auction items initiated by PGA TOUR Charities to support The First Tee.
Steve Howard from Tennessee was the auction’s high bidder and flew to New York to spend a day on the course during The Barclays pro-am with Garcia. Howard reports that it was a great day full of golf, laughs and stories and a fun way to support The First Tee.
“This was the greatest day of my golf life and I cannot begin to thank you all enough for providing this opportunity," said Howard about his experience caddying for Garcia, who also happens to be his favorite player. "Sergio was a complete gentleman, and nothing could have been better for me. I will never forget this day and will hopefully get to do it again someday soon."
To learn how you can also support the many charities supported by Caddy for a Cure including Birdies for the Brave, go to www.caddyforacure.com.
- Texas-Oklahoma storm relief support at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 05/23/2013
- Smith turns a good laugh into a great cause 05/22/2013
- Fowler, Mahan join tornado relief effort 05/22/2013
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- Support Oklahoma tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013