World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational names Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as event’s anchor charity
October 1, 2012
Akron, OH – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will be the tournament’s anchor charity. Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2013 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are delighted to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the golf tournament's anchor charity,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “The support these organizations provide to hospitalized children and their families is outstanding and we are proud to help with their efforts."
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translates into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the addition of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, the Northern Ohio Golf Charities will continue their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
“Families are stronger when they are together, and their presence helps a sick child heal faster and cope better,” said Craig Wilson, Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland Executive Director. “While we cannot make medicine taste better or take away painful treatments, we can help lessen the burden and ensure families have the stability and resources they need to help their child heal. We are so thankful for the Bridgestone Invitational’s commitment to help us continue our work in Northeast Ohio.”
- Waste Management Phoenix Open donates $50K to local food bank 11/26/2014
- Frys.com Open awards $1 million to charity 11/26/2014
- Making a Difference: Golf’s Charitable Impact 11/25/2014
- THE PLAYERS Giving Back Month concludes with Red Coat Ride Out at Police Athletic League 11/24/2014
- Champions Tour official honored for his commitment to military charities 11/24/2014
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 11/21/2014
- Jim Hunt named 2014 PGA TOUR Volunteer of the Year for service to the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial 11/21/2014
- BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX announces 2015 charity partners 11/19/2014
- Billy Horschel visits Feeding Northeast Florida during THE PLAYERS' giving back month 11/19/2014
- WinCo Foods Portland Open delivers $725,000 to Oregon charities 11/18/2014