World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational names Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as event’s anchor charity
October 1, 2012
Akron, OH – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational tournament officials announced today that the Ronald McDonald House® of Cleveland and the Ronald McDonald House® of Akron, which support families whose children receive treatment at area medical centers by providing a home-like environment and essential resources and services, will be the tournament’s anchor charity. Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland and Akron will each receive $50,000 from 2013 Bridgestone Invitational charity proceeds. In addition, both Ronald McDonald Houses have an opportunity to earn additional funds in an effort to grow corporate support for the Bridgestone Invitational and increase tournament charity proceeds.
"The Bridgestone Invitational and Northern Ohio Golf Charities are delighted to partner with the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the golf tournament's anchor charity,” said Bridgestone Invitational Executive Director Don Padgett. “The support these organizations provide to hospitalized children and their families is outstanding and we are proud to help with their efforts."
Charitable proceeds from the Bridgestone Invitational are raised through hospitality package and ticket sales. Greater attendance and support for the event translates into more funds available for the event’s charitable arm, Northern Ohio Golf Charities. With the addition of the Ronald McDonald Houses of Cleveland and Akron as the Bridgestone Invitational anchor charities, the Northern Ohio Golf Charities will continue their legacy of supporting various worthy causes throughout the region.
“Families are stronger when they are together, and their presence helps a sick child heal faster and cope better,” said Craig Wilson, Ronald McDonald House of Cleveland Executive Director. “While we cannot make medicine taste better or take away painful treatments, we can help lessen the burden and ensure families have the stability and resources they need to help their child heal. We are so thankful for the Bridgestone Invitational’s commitment to help us continue our work in Northeast Ohio.”
- 23rd annual Jay Sigel Golf Invitational at Aronmink benefits cancer research 10/02/2015
- FedExCup Defining Moments: 2015 TOUR Championship Winner 10/02/2015
- Chitimacha Louisiana Open awards $180,000 to local charities 09/29/2015
- Mark Wilson Charity Classic nets $170K for Blessings in a Backpack 09/28/2015
- Florida family receives keys to Valspar Championship Habitat for Humanity home 09/28/2015
- Callaway Golf hosts 100th Warrior Club Fitting during TOUR Championship 09/25/2015
- Web.com Tour Wives give back at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 09/24/2015
- FedExCup Defining Moments: TOUR Championship 09/24/2015
- Compton 'plays through' Atlanta in support of Donate Life 09/23/2015
- VIDEO: Payne Stewart Award winner Els takes on autism with new school 09/22/2015