Vi at Silverstone Putt for Charity to promote Charles Schwab Cup Championship
October 26, 2012
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- The Charles Schwab Cup Championship, in association with Vi at Silverstone, held a Putt for Charity event on Wednesday, October 24 at the Vi at Silverstone community. The participants were invited from a selection of Arizona non-profit organizations from the Scottsdale/Phoenix area, most of them coming from the Charles Schwab Cup TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program.
More than 50 organizations enjoyed breakfast and gourmet coffee while soaking up the stunning grounds and amenities at this luxurious retirement community. The community, ranked No. 8 in Independent/Assisted Living by the “Ranking Arizona; The Best of Arizona Business” organization, provided a nice backdrop to those attempting a $5,000 putt for their chosen charity on the manicured 18-hole putting course.
At the conclusion of the competition, Vi at Silverstone officials presented a $5,000 check to Chris Marshall, President of the Kiwanis SW District, whose winning putt in the final round finished 15 inches from the hole.
Marshall plans to utilize the money to assist “The Eliminate Project” and help rid the world of maternal and neonatal tetanus, a deadly disease which steals the lives of nearly 60,000 innocent babies and a significant number of women each year. To eliminate this disease, more than 100 million mothers and their future babies must be immunized requiring vaccines, syringes, safe storage, transportation and many skilled staff.
Marshall, along with the majority of the Putt for Charity competitors, will be cheering for Scottsdale residents Tom Lehman, Michael Allen and Kirk Triplett when they compete in the Champions Tour’s season-ending Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Desert Mountain’s Cochise Course on October 29 – November 4.
- Valero Texas Open, PGA TOUR Wives team up for Game Show Night 04/28/2016
- Houston Golf Association Junior Golf Program receives $10K donation from Shell Houston Open volunteer challenge 04/07/2016
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Lee Trevino honored at FedEx St. Jude Classic Champion’s Day 04/07/2016
- WATCH: The David Toms Foundation launching the future of our youth 04/06/2016
- Graeme McDowell to create once-in-a-lifetime caddie experience for wounded hero during the Masters 04/06/2016
- Longtime TOUR official Bradley brings fun with a purpose to hometown event 04/01/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives visit University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center 03/31/2016
- World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational announces partnership with LeBron James Family Foundation 03/31/2016
- Marc Leishman launches charitable foundation 03/30/2016
- CareerBuilder Challenge volunteer John Hamaliuk donates $10,000 to Boys & Girls Club through PGA TOUR Volunteer Challenge 03/30/2016