Vi at Silverstone Putt for Charity to promote Charles Schwab Cup Championship
October 26, 2012
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- The Charles Schwab Cup Championship, in association with Vi at Silverstone, held a Putt for Charity event on Wednesday, October 24 at the Vi at Silverstone community. The participants were invited from a selection of Arizona non-profit organizations from the Scottsdale/Phoenix area, most of them coming from the Charles Schwab Cup TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program.
More than 50 organizations enjoyed breakfast and gourmet coffee while soaking up the stunning grounds and amenities at this luxurious retirement community. The community, ranked No. 8 in Independent/Assisted Living by the “Ranking Arizona; The Best of Arizona Business” organization, provided a nice backdrop to those attempting a $5,000 putt for their chosen charity on the manicured 18-hole putting course.
At the conclusion of the competition, Vi at Silverstone officials presented a $5,000 check to Chris Marshall, President of the Kiwanis SW District, whose winning putt in the final round finished 15 inches from the hole.
Marshall plans to utilize the money to assist “The Eliminate Project” and help rid the world of maternal and neonatal tetanus, a deadly disease which steals the lives of nearly 60,000 innocent babies and a significant number of women each year. To eliminate this disease, more than 100 million mothers and their future babies must be immunized requiring vaccines, syringes, safe storage, transportation and many skilled staff.
Marshall, along with the majority of the Putt for Charity competitors, will be cheering for Scottsdale residents Tom Lehman, Michael Allen and Kirk Triplett when they compete in the Champions Tour’s season-ending Charles Schwab Cup Championship at Desert Mountain’s Cochise Course on October 29 – November 4.
- Alicia Malnati and Sport for Community 05/26/2016
- Birdies for the Brave teams with Callaway Golf to honor wounded heroes during DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/26/2016
- Texas native Ryan Palmer gets kids into the swing of things at DEAN & DELUCA Invitational 05/23/2016
- Ryan Palmer Foundation comes to DFW as Brighter Smiles Initiative 05/20/2016
- Contest winner donates $10,000 prize to United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire 05/18/2016
- Constellation names Philadelphia charities to receive donations as part of 2016 SENIOR PLAYERS Championship 05/18/2016
- Joint Effort in Fort McMurray Wildfire Relief 05/18/2016
- Spieth inspires during clinic for special needs children at THE PLAYERS 05/14/2016
- David Hearn Foundation Wine Label donates to Alzheimer's Society of Canada 05/12/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives, Everbank team up for Community PedsCare event at THE PLAYERS 05/11/2016