PHOTOS: The First Tee of Phoenix visits the Charles Schwab Cup Championship
November 7, 2012
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- More than 50 youngsters from The First Tee of Phoenix made the journey out to Desert Mountain during Saturday’s third round of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship at the invitation of PwC, Championship Partner of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship and Proud Partner of THE PLAYERS Championship.
PwC’s Vice Chairman of Client Services, Jay Henderson, along with Charles Schwab Cup Championship Tournament Director Ian Knight and The First Tee of Phoenix staff, staged a putting contest for the kids on the Cochise Course practice green before posing for photos.
The excursion for The First Tee of Phoenix youngsters also included ‘behind-the-scenes’ visits to the television compound, the media center, tournament headquarters and the practice range to watch the Champions Tour stars warm up before heading out to compete.
- Beljan pledges support to Texas tornado victims 05/22/2013
- PGA TOUR players pledge support to Oklahoma tornado victims 05/21/2013
- Tiger Woods, Rickie Flower headline sixth annual Notah Begay III Challenge 05/20/2013
- PHOTO: Web.com Tour player families visit children's hospital during BMW Charity Pro-Am presented by SYNNEX 05/17/2013
- Leishman hoping golf can help heal Newtown 05/16/2013
- VIDEO: PGA TOUR $2 Billion & Beyond -- Verlyncia's Story 05/16/2013
- Zach Johnson Foundation to host charity volleyball tournament benefitting Iowa children on May 17 05/15/2013
- PHOTOS: Adamonis hosts Fathers for a Cure Golf Classic in Rhode Island 05/15/2013
- Junior golfer playing 50 courses in 50 days to raise funds for education 05/14/2013
- PGA TOUR helps Make-A-Wish grant trip of a lifetime to THE PLAYERS 05/10/2013