PHOTOS: The First Tee of Phoenix visits the Charles Schwab Cup Championship
November 7, 2012
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- More than 50 youngsters from The First Tee of Phoenix made the journey out to Desert Mountain during Saturday’s third round of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship at the invitation of PwC, Championship Partner of the Charles Schwab Cup Championship and Proud Partner of THE PLAYERS Championship.
PwC’s Vice Chairman of Client Services, Jay Henderson, along with Charles Schwab Cup Championship Tournament Director Ian Knight and The First Tee of Phoenix staff, staged a putting contest for the kids on the Cochise Course practice green before posing for photos.
The excursion for The First Tee of Phoenix youngsters also included ‘behind-the-scenes’ visits to the television compound, the media center, tournament headquarters and the practice range to watch the Champions Tour stars warm up before heading out to compete.
- Karan and Don Whamond named 2016 PGA TOUR Volunteers of the Year 12/08/2016
- Winner of THE NORTHERN TRUST volunteer challenge selects American Cancer Society to receive $5,000 donation 12/08/2016
- Each One Tell One named PGA TOUR Charity of the Year 12/08/2016
- PHOTOS: Jason Dufner visits Grace Place during Franklin Templeton Shootout 12/07/2016
- The First Tee of the Triad, PGA TOUR player Johnson Wagner, Salute 2016 Award Winners, ACE Graduates 12/02/2016
- Price Cutter Charity Championship gifts more than $905,000 to Missouri children’s charities 11/30/2016
- The Mission Continues: 10-Years of Birdies for the Brave 11/28/2016
- PGA TOUR distributes 300 Thanksgiving baskets to Northeast Florida families 11/18/2016
- Record-setting charitable donation announced for 10th playing of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital Championship 11/17/2016
- PGA TOUR Wives Wiffle Ball Classic at The RSM Classic raises $35,000 11/16/2016